INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Question on Lakeside Crime

+22
CanuckBob
hockables
Smartalex
smint
hickton
RoofBob
lunateak
juanrey
Seventyseven
Charliej
Explorador
slainte39
Ms.Thang
MexicoPete
sundown
MyHomeSweetHome
CheenaGringo
zenwoodle
Pedro
saege007
Lady Otter Latté
ukrascal
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Newbie Question on Lakeside Crime - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie Question on Lakeside Crime

Post by lunateak Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:38 pm

Beer 

lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Newbie Question on Lakeside Crime - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie Question on Lakeside Crime

Post by RoofBob Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm

slainte39 wrote:My personal credo.....

It never was that bad and now it's not that good.    Rolling Eyes

Nice personal credo, it also works in reverse: It was never that good and now it's not that bad.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Newbie Question on Lakeside Crime - Page 2 169387 
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:16 pm

RoofBob wrote:
slainte39 wrote:My personal credo.....

It never was that bad and now it's not that good.    Rolling Eyes

Nice personal credo, it also works in reverse: It was never that good and now it's not that bad.

Are you saying...I don't know good from bad.....maybe you are right....most of my good times were when I was being bad. Newbie Question on Lakeside Crime - Page 2 169387 Newbie Question on Lakeside Crime - Page 2 169387........right lunateak?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:32 pm

“When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better. ”
― Mae West
 Newbie Question on Lakeside Crime - Page 2 169387 Beer 
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:31 pm

maybe it is better. probably is. but since the clamp down on reporting we dont know. it just doesnt stop over night.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Hickton, it never stops. It gets better, worse, better, then worse again before it is better again. Just like life.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by smint Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:42 pm

The clamp down on reporting is an interesting and popular theory these days. But then the reports of the mass graves in La Barca and Zapopan have been all over the news. If you read the newspapers of the major cities you'll find numerous stories of organized crime published on a daily basis.

smint

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Evidently, no one told the Informador about this "clamp down."

http://www.informador.com.mx/318/crimen-organizado
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Yep...the "clamp down" at best is like a sieve trying to hold water.
Lakeside, this gal Dale Palfrey, doesn't let much get by her reporting nose. Too many eyes and ears to effectively keep major crime happenings from being reported or investigated by some journalist.
And if there isn't enough happening, the tabloids will come up with something. And if they can't, there is always the rumour mills.
And if none of them are producing, you can be fairly certain, it ain't happening.
The exception might be, kidnappings of wealthy Mexican family members, that are handled/negotiated entirely between the perps and the victim(s).

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Smartalex wrote:Evidently, no one told the Informador about this "clamp down."

http://www.informador.com.mx/318/crimen-organizado

There are, evidently a lot of "expats", who do not read El Informador (or any other Spanish language newspaper) on a regular basis.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:01 am

INFORMADOR seems not to have received the memo regarding keeping publication of crime news to a minimum. Even though I do check it out on a daily basis, I really have no idea how complete the info is. An interesting article which compares the numbers from the Calderon versus the Pena administrations:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinformador%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dwpc%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=es&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/mexico/2013/501641/6/pena-supera-a-calderon-en-ejecutados.htm&usg=ALkJrhg2mImX-F-0ggvaIso3bTGfq371-w

Admittedly in the past, I found it fairly easy to track activities in areas where we were planning to visit on our trips and now it has become a great deal more work in certain regions. Michoacan is a good example of where the supposed clampdown has really reduced the stories.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 am

from the looks of things,it's the narcos that attempt to blow up media buildings,kidnap and kill journalists that are doing the"clamping down". not so much the gummint?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Go to
WWW.BORDERLANDBEAT.COM
for a picture of the severity of grand problem

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by smint Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:12 pm

sundown wrote:Go to
WWW.BORDERLANDBEAT.COM
for a picture of the severity of grand problem

Try to follow along, amigo. The local Guadalajara papers how all the guts and gore you could need.

smint

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Borderland Beat is like Mexico's National Enquirer...
Just a little Gorier....

The Mean, Gory, Nasty Shit isn't likely gonna have much effect on some Retired Old Gringo...
People go on & on publicizing it... causing poor NOBs ta worry and fret over it.
Your American & Canadian Governments like to publicize it... possibly in the hopes of keeping Retired Old Gringos And Their Money At Home...

The Violence Here Is Primarily Drug Industry Violence... people who have Little or NO Interest in Retired Old Gringos.....
Much the same as violence in USA in 1920's.... directed at fellow criminal, bootlegger types... folks in Mayberry didn't have much ta worry about...
Or the violence in The USA in late 1950's - early 1960's... again, folks in Mayberry didn't have anything to worry about.... unless they were Black.

Short Answer For All The Concerned NOB's... come on down ... Buy a house with beautiful 12ft walls and live like royalty..... ya hardly hear the gunfire at all....

Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Besides half of them here are their customers...........jajaja.

Newbie Question on Lakeside Crime - Page 2 169387
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry00 Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:51 am

So true

Jerry00
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:34 am

hockables wrote:

Short Answer For All The Concerned NOB's... come on down ... Buy a house with beautiful 12ft walls and live like royalty..... ya hardly hear the gunfire at all....
Ah, yes.  Enjoying our golden years.  Behind high walls covered with barbed wire and broken glass.  Paradise.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:41 am

I do not live behind a high wall and there is no barbed wire nor broken glass. Your perception creates your reality. I am sorry yours is so fear-filled.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:15 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I do not live behind a high wall and there is no barbed wire nor broken glass. Your perception creates your reality. I am sorry yours is so fear-filled.

He/she certainly doesn't speak for the type of place where I live.  As someone once said....a nattering nabob of negativity.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:17 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I do not live behind a high wall and there is no barbed wire nor broken glass. Your perception creates your reality. I am sorry yours is so fear-filled.
You should have seen addtocart's post regarding camping in Mexico on Mexconnect yesterday before it got deleted,what a nut... Rolling Eyes

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:07 pm

To maintain a belief that the Narcos are only killing each other is "La la landia".  Remember all of the young bodies dumped at Lakeside a couple of years ago,  The Tire dealer on the Libramiento, the hardware dealer in Jocotopec, the avacado business in Michoacan, my personal friend whose wife was kidnapped(returned after much ransom paid & then left the area), etc
I also hear much "chisme" from my Mexican wife.
I love living here, but I do have security.  I do not want to be in the position of "locking the barn door after the horse is stolen"
I prefer here to the news I hear about Chicago, New Orleans. Memphis, etc
Besides, if something happens to me here, it will be in good weather.

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:11 pm

I feel the same way, Sundown. I am not blind to the reality of what happens here. But, I too prefer my odds here. We are all going to die one day. Might as well be warm and have the sun shining on us when we do.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:18 pm

I do live behind high walls and it is the way I like it. I am not afraid I just like it that way. When I first went to the US and saw all these houses without shutters, bars or high walls I hated it and felt sorry for the people to have to live that way. High walls aand bars or shutters are a cultural difference not a sign of fear. By the way as a kid we routinely went over high stone walls with glass on top nothing difficult about it just knock some of the glass with a stone, throw some jacket over and you just go over.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:29 am

brigitte wrote:I do live behind high walls and it is the way I like it. I am not afraid I just like it that way. When I first went to the US and saw all these houses without shutters, bars or high walls I hated it and felt sorry for the people to have to live that way.
You felt sorry for the poor souls who could look out their windows and see something other than the back side of a wall?  Huh.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next