INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie question from a chiropractor

+5
ferret
Jim W
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
granbo
9 posters

Go down

Newbie question from a chiropractor Empty Newbie question from a chiropractor

Post by granbo Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:24 pm

Hello my name is Richard and I’m considering retiring in the Lake Chapala region and have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. First…
Several years ago I spent 3 months in Guadalajara attending a school named IMAC in an attempt to learn Spanish. It was a total immersion language program that required 20 hours of class room and computer lab studies weekly while also living with an Mexican family. I became very familiar with the area because weekends were spent on class field trips to the surrounding areas conversing with the locals. I have been intrigued with the Lake Chapala ever since. I’m a chiropractor and have been practicing in CA. for 33+years. I love being a chiropractor. It’s who I am. I can’t imagine not practicing chiropractic.
My question is: are there gringo chiros at Lake Chapala? If so could you please give me a link or a contact number? I don’t plan on opening my own office. Possibility just a part time home practice treating the expatiates. Does this sound viable? Would I need a special license? Could I end up in jail?
A Google search was unsuccessful.
Thanks for your help.

granbo

Back to top Go down

Newbie question from a chiropractor Empty Re: Newbie question from a chiropractor

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:37 pm

You will require a work visa to start with. I am not sure what special licensing would also be required but there has to be some info out there.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Newbie question from a chiropractor Empty Re: Newbie question from a chiropractor

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:53 pm

granbo:

You might find the following useful:
http://directory.fclb.org/International/Mexico.aspx
http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=51384

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 pm

granbo wrote:Hello my name is Richard and I’m considering retiring in the Lake Chapala region and have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. First…
Several years ago I spent 3 months in Guadalajara attending a school named IMAC in an attempt to learn Spanish. It was a total immersion language program that required 20 hours of class room and computer lab studies weekly while also living with an Mexican family. I became very familiar with the area because weekends were spent on class field trips to the surrounding areas conversing with the locals. I have been intrigued with the Lake Chapala ever since. I’m a chiropractor and have been practicing in CA. for 33+years. I love being a chiropractor. It’s who I am. I can’t imagine not practicing chiropractic.
My question is: are there gringo chiros at Lake Chapala? If so could you please give me a link or a contact number? I don’t plan on opening my own office. Possibility just a part time home practice treating the expatiates. Does this sound viable? Would I need a special license? Could I end up in jail?
A Google search was unsuccessful.
Thanks for your help.

There are no full time chiros @ lakeside .....I am sure, if you are good, you can do the in home ....
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Dr. Victor Youcha is a practicing Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine in Ajijic. His phone number is 376-766-1973. I'm not sure if he's Canadian or American but he now speaks Spanish and has gone through all requirements to officially practice in Mexico. He has done all his community social service and has his professional cedulla for Mexico.

Good luck to you.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by granbo Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:35 pm

thanks to all... very helpful!! Very Happy
Chiropractic appears to be in its infancy stage in MX.
I will contact Dr Youcha for more info.

granbo

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:38 pm

If you are good I will be a customer........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:41 pm

If you need a chiropracter I wouldn't wait until he's accredited here. Go to Doctor Youcha. My hubby thinks he's very good...y'all can switch when granbo gets himself down here and organized.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Kem Spaulding looked into getting her chiropractic license and decided it was going to be too difficult. It is not just a few forms. I believe there were courses and test as well. She decided to return to the states to practice.

Besides Dr Youcha, Brian and Tracy Johnson operate Sol Studio www.solstudiomx.com

Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:53 am

Victor Youcha behind El Torito. He can adjust your back from the front of your
body. Not cheap and must pay for xrays the first visit but he fixed my wife with
the help of a naturapath and she does not have to go routinely get adjusted like
many of the chiropactors up north. He tries to fix problems not just symptoms.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by golbusker Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:32 am

It is not true that all patients must pay for xrays the first visit.

golbusker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 pm

golbusker wrote:It is not true that all patients must pay for xrays the first visit.

Well that is what he told the three people who went to him that I know. I was not complaining as he did a great job.
Just making people aware that they have/might have an additional expense if they go to him.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by golbusker Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Before seeing Dr. Youcha it is not an automatic requirement to have x-rays taken. Dr. Youcha prefers to examine the patient to determine which, if any, xrays are needed. Dr. Youcha is fully licensed in Mexico which required having his entire education evaluated by the Secretaria de Educacion in Mexico, and after given a Title in Mexico, he was required to do a year of Social Service unpaid in a government clinic. Replying to the first question by Newbie, a license is required to practice chiropractic legally in Mexico. If a complaint is filed against an illegal chiropractor, he/she could be arrested and deported, and his equipment confiscated.

golbusker

Back to top Go down

Post by granbo Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:47 pm

I have great respect for the NOB docs who had the fortitude to endure the onerous process of licensure in order to become a legal practitioner of chiropractic in Mexico. I wonder how many other health care professionals are required to practice unpaid for a year in Social Services before they are allowed to practice?
From what I’ve discovered Mexico is giving the middle finger to the NOB chiropractors.
Maybe calling yourself a Sobador instead of a chiropractor is the ticket.

granbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:14 pm

For any professional title here in Mexico you need to, as part of the process do community service with a government agency, I did mine in the courts. 480 hours current requirement.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:39 pm

@granbo...

ALL countries give the middle finger to any health care professional who is not trained in their country. At least, in Mexico, there's a process to follow so that you can practice here.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down