INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is More Important to Quality of Life?

+13
Smartalex
Rosa Venus
viajero
espíritu del lago
David
lunateak
slainte39
Pedro
Zedinmexico
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
Infidel
CheenaGringo
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which is More Important to Quality of Life? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which is More Important to Quality of Life?

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Smartalex wrote:Incidentally, Lady O, I saw a pretty good movie just last night. District 9 is a pseudo-documentary/sci-fi/thriller/adventure/comedy flick...and well worth watching.
Alex, Is it better b4 or after a bowl? bounce  I prefer the after bowl effect!cheers 

Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Which is More Important to Quality of Life? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which is More Important to Quality of Life?

Post by slainte39 Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Those Asian catfish (basa) sure are passing for being white.  Even get a new name when they arrive here..."blanco de nilo".
LT...I wish they would leave the heads on, so we could see how many eyes they have.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Alex, I saw District 9 in the theatre by accident and loved it. The movie we had gone to see was sold out and the only one starting soon was District 9. Neither of us had a clue what it was about but went in anyway. I was blown away! Went home and googled it and found out it had been nominated for an Academy Award. Who knew? I would highly recommend it.
Yes, Jim, I would say it would be even better after a bowl.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Jim W wrote:
Smartalex wrote:Incidentally, Lady O, I saw a pretty good movie just last night. District 9 is a pseudo-documentary/sci-fi/thriller/adventure/comedy flick...and well worth watching.
Alex, Is it better b4 or after a bowl?  bounce   I prefer the after bowl effect!cheers 
Actually, I ate a big bowl of chicken soup while watching...had to set it aside from time to time...this movie does have it's gross-out moments.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:29 pm

LMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Since there has been a sidetrack to movies or shows, if you have access to Amazon take a look at their original series Alpha House. Absolutely hilarious!

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/15/5107932/amazon-original-alpha-house-now-available

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:51 pm

After WWII ended, the navy was given the job of pushing new and nearly Jeeps and other military vehicles off of the carrier in the ocean. Flooding the markets at home was thought to hurt car manufacturers.
Infidel
Infidel

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:42 am

"district 9" is supposed to have a sequel (that would be awesome). As for "basa", it's farm raised and the possible polutant is/was "agent orange" which lasts a long time. Basa, no thanks, especially with all that wild, sea fresh Mx product available. Just don't get it. "Hey Nyugen, let's build a fish farm over there. Look, the Americans already cleared the land for us - they'll love our 'basa a la ORANGE', we owe it to them."
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by smint Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 am

The pollution in the Mekong isn't from the war. It is caused by the increase in fish farming itself plus run off from the rice fields.

smint

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:44 am

In Vietnam the basa is called the Ho Chi fish. They have a giant hatchery, and the fingerlings are called Ho Chi Minh-ows:32: 
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2