INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is More Important to Quality of Life?

+13
Smartalex
Rosa Venus
viajero
espíritu del lago
David
lunateak
slainte39
Pedro
Zedinmexico
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
Infidel
CheenaGringo
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which is More Important to Quality of Life? Empty Which is More Important to Quality of Life?

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Obviously, this change in Bank of America policy has managed to garner quite a bit of attention from the Gringo community and why not, because it has been touted as the best option for years as a money management tool in Mexico? Now I see people on TOB trying to figure out how they can weasle their way around the qualifications to particpate in USAA. While they are at it, why not figure out a way to return to college under the GI Bill and bypass the ACA with VA Medical?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Which is More Important to Quality of Life? Empty Re: Which is More Important to Quality of Life?

Post by Infidel Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:02 pm

While I am not acquainted with BOA, I suggest those negatively impacted check out Banamex USA. They have a relationship with Banamex and have ATM's at the bank, at Walmart, and the Ajijic Farmacia GDL.

No charge using those ATM's. A USA bank with those protections. The glitch as of a couple of weeks ago it was no longer possible to open an account online or via phone. When I talked to them about that inconvenience, they said they hoped to offer that service shortly.

From Mexico: 800-111-1234 or from the US: 800-222-1234 for interested parties.
Infidel
Infidel

Back to top Go down

Which is More Important to Quality of Life? Empty Re: Which is More Important to Quality of Life?

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:05 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Obviously, this change in Bank of America policy has managed to garner quite a bit of attention from the Gringo community and why not, because it has been touted as the best option for years as a money management tool in Mexico?  Now I see people on TOB trying to figure out how they can  weasle their way around the qualifications to particpate in USAA.  While they are at it, why not figure out a way to return to college under the GI Bill and bypass the ACA with VA Medical?
Well maybe 40% of the gringo community. The other 60% (from Canada and other locales) don't give a crap.......jajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:24 pm

And, not the entire USA expat community has their knickers in a twist either. Some of us don´t give a crap about BofA either.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:04 am

Hey we should have expected it. I am glad it lasted as long as it did.  Like everything here I have a backup process to replace BOA. Not even going to give them a call. It is called the last straw. Three weeks ago they turned off my card for using Scotiabank ATM near Dominoes. I called up and they said because it was a unusual transaction. I replied it is the same weekly transaction at the same ATM and it has been going on for six years. Huh was the reply. I asked her if she thought it was a pretty stupid reason to turn off my card she finally admitted they do it randomly. I thanked her for lying for the company and told her to watch her ethics as lying for a company can get her in more trouble than the company. She agreed. I feel sorry for the employees as that can't be much fun. So give em hell but be nice to the employees. I would not work for BOA period.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:06 am

So for those unaffected by the Bank of America fiasco, I guess the next most critical issue is having to pay for parking in Chapala?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:35 am

Anything can be an issue if you need an issue. Some people need issues. Other people don´t.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:58 am

CheenaGringo wrote:So for those unaffected by the Bank of America fiasco, I guess the next most critical issue is having to pay for parking in Chapala?
Nah......there is plenty of free parking in Chapala. You just need to know where to go.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:12 am

Good deal on being able to find free parking and save that money for those cheap cigs and booze!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:15 am

And an even better deal that I'm not living NOB...........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:16 am

"Nah......there is plenty of free parking in Chapala. You just need to know where to go." -- CBob

See how that works? CBob does not need an issue and therefore has no issue.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:28 am

CanuckBob wrote:And an even better deal that I'm not living NOB...........jaja.
you betchum red ryder!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:26 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Good deal on being able to find free parking and save that money for those cheap cigs and booze!
Or being able to buy cheap sea bass called "basa" at Walmart's, which is really cheap catfish from Nam which are from the Mekong which is polluted on the cheap by the introduction of cheap Shit stirring

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:53 pm

By my reckoning all the napalm we left turned out to pretty expensive.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:19 pm

lunateak wrote:By my reckoning all the napalm we left turned out to pretty expensive.
So the oligarchy could get all their gold and valuables out. Not a lot of room on those choppers...some things had to be left.
Are you suggesting they napalm the catfish? lol! 

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm suggesting the long term effects of polluting an area with napalm could result in higher incidences of birth defects, cancers and other disorders and that the long term effects of that pollution is likely to show up in the food chain from the area.
lol! 
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:38 pm

That occurred 40 years ago, you'd think the adverse affects would have showed up by now.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Hence the name "long-term"?
Also, it takes longer for things to show up when two national governments (one of them the world´s super power) have a vested interest in them not showing up. Besides, as long they are affecting only people whose skin is not white it is not such a big deal.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:22 pm

smacks of reverse racism to me. Rolling Eyes 
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:28 pm

You smack of an idiot to me, so who cares?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:35 pm

From BoA to Chapala parking to cheap catfish to napalm to reverse racism,this thread covers a lot of ground.Rolling Eyes 

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:You smack of an idiot to me, so who cares?
Pffffffffttt!!! lol! 
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:46 pm

"From BoA to Chapala parking to cheap catfish to napalm to reverse racism,this thread covers a lot of ground." --viajero

You are right. TOB has no idea what it misses out on by forcing posters to stay on topic.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Incidentally, Lady O, I saw a pretty good movie just last night. District 9 is a pseudo-documentary/sci-fi/thriller/adventure/comedy flick...and well worth watching.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Smartalex wrote:Incidentally, Lady O, I saw a pretty good movie just last night. District 9 is a pseudo-documentary/sci-fi/thriller/adventure/comedy flick...and well worth watching.
Alex, Is it better b4 or after a bowl? bounce  I prefer the after bowl effect!cheers 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next