INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call and complain to Bank of America

+18
lunateak
CanuckBob
arbon
gvprod
espíritu del lago
JayBear
Pedro
addtocart
phxfunguy
Jim W
Flamingo
BRLAhere
Zedinmexico
viajero
Tony_In_Mexico
CheenaGringo
elehne1
twelveoaks
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Call and complain to Bank of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Call and complain to Bank of America

Post by arbon Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:42 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:JayBear:
Wonderful first contribution to this thread.  Instead of getting yourself worked up over what I said about English being second, third or even fourth language, why not look at the links provided?  Both here and on TOB, some members have repeatedly proven they do not understand plain everyday English.  And yes, we built a home in the area using a Bank of America account without fees!
In plain English... ¿Did you build a house in Mexico your selves or pay to have a house built in Mexico by a team of Mexican workers?

arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Call and complain to Bank of America - Page 2 Empty Re: Call and complain to Bank of America

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:59 pm

arbon:

Since you asked, we paid to have our developer and his partner architect construct a home. We paid for the up-front scheduled charges with Bank of America checks but any changes and additional charges were paid for in cash via ATM withdrawls. IF I remember correctly virtually every one of those cash withdrawls were made either through Santander or Scotiabank?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:03 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:arbon:

Since you asked, we paid to have our developer and his partner architect construct a home. We paid for the up-front scheduled charges with Bank of America checks but any changes and additional charges were paid for in cash via ATM withdrawls.  IF I remember correctly virtually every one of those cash withdrawls were made either through Santander or Scotiabank?
use english the first time and nobody will have to ask
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:08 am

Someone asked me to post this link to a petition to protest the new BOA charges:

http://www.change.org/petitions/bank-of-america-eliminate-the-3-international-transaction-fee-imposed-on-11-7-2013-on-atm-transactions-within-the-global-alliance-banks?share_id=tsKqTLdtCx&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:59 am

They have 32 signatures so far,only 24968 to go....
I hate this new BoA fee!

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:11 am

Ask all your friends and relatives to tell BoA that a 3% Foreign Transaction Fee is just too damn high!
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Remember that not all B of A users have to pay this fee. I don't. No I don't have much money in my several B of A accounts, maybe $35,000 (Why several accounts? I keep less than $1,500 in the account that is attached to my Debit Card leaving not much to steal.)

Remember that B of A bought out Merrill Lynch a while back. And I was lucky enough to have my IRA retirement account at ML.  To avoid paying the B of A fee mentioned above, all you have to do is tie the accounts together and with sufficient funds, you are not charged a fee.

I was told that the total of the different account/brokerages that needed to be linked to this account needed to be $250,000 or more. I also read that in the 60 to 69 age range that the average IRA totaled about $127,000 or with husband and wife about $250,000
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Call and complain to Bank of America - Page 2 Empty Seniors discount at the BoA.

Post by arbon Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:07 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Remember that not all B of A users have to pay this fee. I don't.

I also read that in the 60 to 69 age range that the average IRA totaled about $127,000 or with husband and wife about $250,000
Pete, ¿how old does the Bank of America think you are?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:39 pm

I had my first account as a little kid in the late fifties, I lie to them and don't tell them that my real age is 104 Very Happy
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BRLAhere Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:36 am

Updating here.....I've made 3 ATM withdrawals since BOA said I was waived for any charges and (so far) none have appeared.  Also, the exchange rate on $500 USD to pe$o$ is within a buck or two of my online currency converter (by the time I get back home and check the amount)
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Pete,hopefully the money you save on BoA ATM fees will lesson the pain of paying the high prices for Diet Coke for your rum&cokes that you've been complaining about.
BTW; The people affected by these new fees don't have a quarter million dollars in a ML linked BoA account and probably can't benefit from your input on the matter....

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:14 pm

viajero wrote:Pete,hopefully the money you save on BoA ATM fees will lesson the pain of paying the high prices for Diet Coke for your rum&cokes that you've been complaining about.
BTW; The people affected by these new fees don't have a quarter million dollars in a ML linked BoA account and probably can't benefit from your input on the matter....
yes, their families probly dint own half of downtown seattle
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:48 pm

viajero wrote:Pete,hopefully the money you save on BoA ATM fees will lesson the pain of paying the high prices for Diet Coke for your rum&cokes that you've been complaining about.
BTW some folks here did benefit from Pete' s knowledge.

Thanks Pete

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:05 pm

We were NOB when the 3% fee came into effect. After returning 2 weeks ago I purposely took cash out 4 times (2 Santander & 2 Scotia) and waited till the charges showed on Banker Online figuring at least I could get money out 4 times and get the fees refunded. I called customer service yesterday morning and got a nice guy in customer service. I played dumb about the fees and explained nicely that I was living in Mexico and had been a customer for over 30 years. He refunded all 4 fees AND put a one year waiver on on my account without my asking him to. We have a 2nd account that I rarely take cash from, but asked for the waiver on that account also...no problem. He also increased our daily limit from $700 to $1500. Obviously it depends on who you speak with, but the customer service agents do have the authority to help. That call made our day a particularly happy one thanks to "Stan the Man."
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:57 am

I called the other day to have my fees reversed the agent said that there was no such thing as a one year waiver. He did a onetime reversal of the charges but I had to ask for a supervisor for him to do that. So... YMMV. I live nob and I think that they know who is south or nort and act accordingly.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:14 am

I had the foreign transaction fee charged to me for ATM withdrawals from my interest checking, but no fees on my money market account. I won't call and ask them why.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:27 pm

......//..................matter....

I have great news for you Viajero. For those of us addicted to Coke, not that white powdery stuff but Caffeine free diet Coke. We don't have to import it anymore from the US. It is now being manufactured and distributed in Mexico and sold for less than half the price we were paying for the imported diet stuff.

But getting back to topic, you might try wiring money from your BOA account to, say, your Actinver stock broker. I get a much better rate of exchange from my Actinver Broker than I would from an Actinver bank account.

And, my brokerage account balance here in Mexico is very very small, much less than the $250K mentioned above.

A 3% fee is too high. There are many other options available per the many suggestions posted on this and other popular forums. Choose the one that best meets your needs.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2