INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call and complain to Bank of America

+18
lunateak
CanuckBob
arbon
gvprod
espíritu del lago
JayBear
Pedro
addtocart
phxfunguy
Jim W
Flamingo
BRLAhere
Zedinmexico
viajero
Tony_In_Mexico
CheenaGringo
elehne1
twelveoaks
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Call and complain to Bank of America Empty Call and complain to Bank of America

Post by twelveoaks Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:04 am

If you are now being hit with the 3 % international transaction fee when using your B of A atm card please call and complain. I spoke with an associate at B of A yeaterday and she said they are logging complaints. The international collect number is: 1-315-724-4022. My not help but can't hurt !

twelveoaks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Call and complain to Bank of America Empty Re: Call and complain to Bank of America

Post by elehne1 Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks!

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Call and complain to Bank of America Empty Re: Call and complain to Bank of America

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:51 am

The only way Bank of America might react is if they are tracking the total accounts dollars they might lose with this new policy? In the past, when they changed policy it boiled down to the numbers.

Money talks and BS walks!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:15 am

Yeah, money talks and BoA has used theirs to state loud and clear, over and over, that they couldn't possibly give less of a shit about their customers if they tried. Honestly. Action committees and investigative panels have been formed, searching for ways to give less of a shit and they couldn't come up with a single thing.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:17 am

CheenaGringo wrote:

My money is walking,,,away from BoA,I've made one call already and plan to call again next week to see if they're getting the message.Depending on your balance it is possible to get fees waived,happens all the time.Like the OP said,it can't hurt.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:24 am

I Hate Bank of America:
http://www.ihatebankofamerica.com/

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/07/04/heres-why-people-hate-bank-of-america.aspx

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Nope they are so consumer unsavvy that they are screwing the best customers the same as small accounts. People with money won't take it. So typical of BOA.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by BRLAhere Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:47 pm

I responded to the other thread about this.  I called BOA's Customer Service today after seeing ATM fees being charged for withdrawals I had made.  The rep reimbursed my fees and waived any future fees for 1-year.  After a year, I was told to request another waiver.
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Why should you need to call for a special reimbursement? What kind of happy horse shit is that? If you have anyone will military service in your family, switch to USAA. They reimburse all ATM fees and are a joy to work with.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:The only way Bank of America might react is if they are tracking the total accounts dollars they might lose with this new policy?  In the past, when they changed policy it boiled down to the numbers.

In this case Money walks and screw the BS! Why waste the time calling, you may stop it today, they will do it again!
Put your money in smaller banks that want your biz! Charging 3% on the cash coming out of your debit account? NOT!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by BRLAhere Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Jim W wrote:In this case Money walks and screw the BS!   Why waste the time calling, you may stop it today, they will do it again!
Put your money in smaller banks that want your biz!   Charging 3% on the cash coming out of your debit account?   NOT!
Well. if they do it again, then I'll change banks.  The telephone call took less time than opening new bank accounts would take.
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:07 am

No need to complain, just call and ask for a waiver of the fee. They have offered another poster on TOB a year waiver and told him to call in after a year for another one. Point out to them that the Global Alliance page on their website says nothing about a 3% fee. So it would appear that everyone can still use BofA here without the fee. You may have to be insistant as likely not every rep will be aware that they can offer the waiver. Tell them it must be a glitch associated with their new fee schedule and that Santander (and Scotiabank) are not included.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Humor : Dual witted (Gemini)

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:39 am

phxfunguy wrote:No need to complain, just call and ask for a waiver of the fee.  They have offered another poster on TOB a year waiver and told him to call in after a year for another one.  Point out to them that the Global Alliance page on their website says nothing about a 3% fee.  So it would appear that everyone can still use BofA here without the fee.  You may have to be insistant as likely not every rep will be aware that they can offer the waiver.  Tell them it must be a glitch associated with their new fee schedule and that Santander (and Scotiabank) are not included.
I tried yesterday and was told that there is no waiver, the charge stands.  I guess I got the wrong rep.  I'll try again.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:04 am

From this copy/paste by Zed:
"Scotiabank[/url] (Canada and the Caribbean, Caribbean countries include: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Netherlands Antilles (St. Maarten), St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & The Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Islands, US Virgin Islands)"
It appears that the Mexico branches of Scotiabank have been removed from the list. But people keep writing as if they were still on the list?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:34 am

CheenaGringo wrote:From this copy/paste by Zed:
"Scotiabank[/url] (Canada and the Caribbean, Caribbean countries include: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Netherlands Antilles (St. Maarten), St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & The Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Islands, US Virgin Islands)"
It appears that the Mexico branches of Scotiabank have been removed from the list.  But people keep writing as if they were still on the list?
Mexico was never on the list for the U.S. customers. If you talked to BOA they had no idea but it worked. We were suppose to use Santander. Don't open up that issue. Scotiabank  has never been on the U.S. list.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BRLAhere Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:12 am

I tried yesterday and was told that there is no waiver, the charge stands.  I guess I got the wrong rep.  I'll try again.
I simply called their 800 number (432-1000) and spoke with the first rep.  Of course, I didn't know anything about the waiver until she told me about it.  I reported to her as if an error had been made by charging me ATM fees.
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:15 am

Zed:

Never is a very all inclusive word and as a former Bank of America customer, I beg to differ since they were on the list at one point in time.  Even now, there are conflicting lists: from WIKI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_ATM_Alliance
Take note of the following statement:
"Bank of America Account Holders[1]

There are two separate fees that may apply to Bank of America account holders using their ATM card or debit/check card in a foreign country:

The 3% International Transaction Fee/Foreign Currency Fee - not waived under the Global ATM Alliance.[2]
   The US$5 Non-Bank of America International ATM Fee - for transactions at non-Bank of America ATMs in a foreign country (also called the International ATM (Access) Fee) - waived under the Global ATM Alliance.[1]"

Here is a list created in Feb, 2012 which seems to indicate Scotiabank Mexico was included.

Other lists seem to indicate that Scotiabank may have pulled the Mexico banks out of the Alliance? However from Scotiabank website:
http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,316,00.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:47 pm

In Feb 2012 BOA did not recognize Scotiabank as part of the alliance for BOA customers in Mexico in spite of what the WIKI article said.  I have a letter dated from the year before that says Santander is the only alliance bank for BOA customers in Mexico. It also says we can use our BOA debit cards at Scotiabank in Canada and certain islands in the Carib.  Obviously the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.  BOA and Scotiabank websites do not match reality. Can you remember when Scotiabank was listed for Mexico?  I never remember it ever being listed. It just worked for the last six years.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:31 pm

I had no idea that so many of the Gringos living along the north shore of Lake Chapala consider English to be their second, third or even fourth language. While many haven't come right out and said this, the lack of reading comprehension sure does indicate this to be so. Spelling is one thing but arguing over content when it is there in black and white?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:49 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:I had no idea that so many of the Gringos living along the north shore of Lake Chapala consider English to be their second, third or even fourth language.  While many haven't come right out and said this, the lack of reading comprehension sure does indicate this to be so.  Spelling is one thing but arguing over content when it is there in black and white?
people who use redundancies have nothing to say about others english capabilities.
"at one point in time" is YOUR phrase in question.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:47 pm

CheenaGringo, do you have a Bank of America account in the US? If not, please shut up and let the rest of us deal with this. This has NOTHING to do with whether we are bilingual, trilingual, or a bunch of talented chimpanzees. It has to do with whether we speak BANK and have enough clout to turn things around. Now, have another beer and pass out and let the rest of us figure out how to deal with our problem, por favor.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Very Happy Sweet..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:14 pm

JayBear:
Wonderful first contribution to this thread. Instead of getting yourself worked up over what I said about English being second, third or even fourth language, why not look at the links provided? Both here and on TOB, some members have repeatedly proven they do not understand plain everyday English. And yes, we built a home in the area using a Bank of America account without fees!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Bank of America is EVIL...
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:42 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:JayBear:
Wonderful first contribution to this thread.  Instead of getting yourself worked up over what I said about English being second, third or even fourth language, why not look at the links provided?  Both here and on TOB, some members have repeatedly proven they do not understand plain everyday English.  And yes, we built a home in the area using a Bank of America account without fees!
In plain English... ¿Did you build a house in Mexico your selves or pay to have a house built in Mexico by a team of Mexican workers?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next