INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Army and State Police - have they left?

+5
Smartalex
lucky
johninajijic
saege007
Rosa Venus
9 posters

Go down

The Army and State Police - have they left? Empty The Army and State Police - have they left?

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:22 pm

I haven't seen much of the Army or State Police in the last 3 or 4 days. (Live in Ajijic.) Saw one army truck the other day, but it was traveling the carretera and could have been on it's way to San Juan Cosala or Joco or beyond. Other than that, not much compared to how highly visible they were in the previous couple of weeks.

Anybody else notice a reduced presence, or is it my imagination?
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

The Army and State Police - have they left? Empty Re: The Army and State Police - have they left?

Post by saege007 Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:29 pm

I also have noticed a reduced presence. I have seen the State Police around, but 4 cars, not the 9 that were here before. I haven't seen the Army for about a week now.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The Army and State Police - have they left? Empty Re: The Army and State Police - have they left?

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:43 pm

I haven't seen them either.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 am

On Friday, about 10:30am, i saw a large Army troop transport truck on the main street of Joco, headed east. The truck was easily large enough to carry 50, but there were only about 10 soldiers in it, although they were all standing and carrying weapons and looking quite vigilant.

Today [Saturday], driving to and from Joco to Ixtlahuacan, i saw a few local police trucks, but no Army or federal or state police vehicles.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:09 am

Looks like they pulled out. One thing I learned during the recent "occupation" is just how much the local Mexican people hate and despise and resent and mistrust and fear the authorities. Even my sweet little old church-going Mexican landlady told me, in hushed Spanish, "Hay muchos policias en el pueblo ... cuidarte."
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:57 am

Our mexican cleaning lady ( I hate the term Maid!) and gardener and mexican friends all tell us that the authorities are not to be trusted. We had copied all the CSI Chapala Newsletters and gave them to our mexican friends - they seemed less than interested.................
Gotta wonder.

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:43 am

Not much to wonder about. . . sadly.

The law enforcement entity that I consistently hear good things about are the Marines.

Last night I was at the gate letting the dog out when 4 motorcycle riders passed by my house, riding in formation 2 by 2. All dressed identically and in black, helmets even, didn't see guns but it was dark they probably had hand guns. Didn't see patches or badges either.

The first 2 passed and turned the corner without a glance in my direction, the second passed and looked at me and smiled, and the third passed looked at me and said 'Thank you'.

One of the things that makes living here so interesting is one never knows who the players are. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:32 am

Who is scarier the army and police or the cartels. I'll take the army and police!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:43 am

simpsca wrote:Who is scarier the army and police or the cartels. I'll take the army and police!

Yep, me too!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:55 am

Mexican Marines ....Siemper Fi ! ....L/cpl Gravy
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:00 am

simpsca wrote:Who is scarier the army and police or the cartels. I'll take the army and police!

Agree!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:28 am

Wish we could edit our posts, it was the third and fourth moto cops (?) that acknowledged my presence last night.

I dunno. . .not much of a choice, but I think I'd rather be hacked to death for something I didn't do than spend the rest of my life in Puente Grande for something I didn't do.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:31 am

gravy wrote:Mexican Marines ....Siemper Fi ! ....L/cpl Gravy

Sent you a PM. --Alex
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down