INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State police arrest 10 in Chapala; Cartels retaliate

+9
Lehrer
cane
kiva
martygraw
Carry Bean
simpsca
Mainecoons
CanuckBob
Demonio
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

State police arrest 10 in Chapala; Cartels retaliate Empty State police arrest 10 in Chapala; Cartels retaliate

Post by Demonio Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Grenade attacks and Narco-roadblock were in retaliation for Chapala arrests - SSPEJ (Jalisco State Police)

The Secretaría de Seguridad Pública del Estado de Jalisco (SSPEJ) reported that the arrests were made as part of an operation mounted after a grenade attack at the house of the Director of the Chapala Municipal Police.

Last edited by Demonio on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None

Back to top Go down

State police arrest 10 in Chapala; Cartels retaliate Empty Re: State police arrest 10 in Chapala; Cartels retaliate

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:10 pm

I also read from a linked report on TOB that there was a large cache of weapons found with these people. Here is a translated version:

The detainees were assured an array, among which highlights eight grenades, rocket launchers, six AK-47 rifles, an AR-15, six MP-5 rifles, eight bulletproof vests, three thousand and 942 bullets of various calibers, plus 135 grams of crack cocaine base, 415 of the drug known as crystal, and 945 grams of cocaine.

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

State police arrest 10 in Chapala; Cartels retaliate Empty Re: State police arrest 10 in Chapala; Cartels retaliate

Post by Demonio Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:15 pm

All that in paradise? Unfortunately, this is only the tip of the iceberg and things are sure to heat up plenty before, and if, they cool down. Just one of several reasons I opt out of Lakeside. I still have a lot of friends there and fond memories so stay connected, but it's not for me.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Well the good news is that it appears the Policia are all over these guys. Quick to track down and quick to bust. Maybe the bad guys will decide this little enclave ain't worth all the hassle and attention......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:31 pm

All that in paradise? Unfortunately, this is only the tip of the iceberg and things are sure to heat up plenty before, and if, they cool down. Just one of several reasons I opt out of Lakeside. I still have a lot of friends there and fond memories so stay connected, but it's not for me..

You probably want to avoid grocery stores NOB too. And you are on a board entitled Lake Chapala's Inside Lakeside for what reason????

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Demonio wrote:All that in paradise? Unfortunately, this is only the tip of the iceberg and things are sure to heat up plenty before, and if, they cool down. Just one of several reasons I opt out of Lakeside. I still have a lot of friends there and fond memories so stay connected, but it's not for me..

Mainecoons wrote:You probably want to avoid grocery stores NOB too. And you are on a board entitled Lake Chapala's Inside Lakeside for what reason????
Not that I need to explain anything to you, but ....
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Demonio wrote:All that in paradise? Unfortunately, this is only the tip of the iceberg and things are sure to heat up plenty before, and if, they cool down. Just one of several reasons I opt out of Lakeside. I still have a lot of friends there and fond memories so stay connected, but it's not for me.

I would also add to avoid political rallies in the US!
State police arrest 10 in Chapala; Cartels retaliate 531444
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Yes, I'll avoid super markets and political rallies NOB because one recent tragedy now makes them all rival the violence that currently plagues Mexico and is being seen more and more at Lakefront - SMART! I spent my entire adult life in public safety. I choose not to continue constantly watching my butt and dodging bullets in retirement. I was smart enough NOT to buy a house there and I'm fortunate to be able to live anywhere in the world I want. My choice.

Truth is, there were many factors which led me to conclude Lakeside wasn't for me. If it's for you, like it still is for many a friend, God bless you and be safe. But, using the killings in AZ to suggest Mexico is as safe as America is naive and dumb.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:39 pm

I'll tell you what. Why don't you try enjoying your fond memories without boring the rest of us with your exaggerated and largely erroneous fears about safety here. You don't live here and, frankly, you don't have a clue. If you did live here, you would know that the simple exercise of common sense, you know like not being out on Chapala highway in the middle of the night (where if the drunks and loose animals don't get you the narcos might) enables those of us who DO live here to live quite freely and without fear.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Like I said, if it is for you, God bless you and be safe. Oh, and by all means don't you dare go out at night. Goodness knows we wouldn't want the drunks, loose animals or narcos to get you. Live long and prosper - on your Social Security checks and Mexican social services.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Demonio, you seem to dislike most of us on this board so why do you post here? I'm not trying to flame you, I just really wonder why so much negativity.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Carry Bean, please reread this thread (it's not too long) and see who made a personal attack first. I simply posted an informative news story and responded to Bob's comments. I'm entitled, like you, to post my views even if they don't jive with yours or those of others. It's what makes the world go round. I have my reasons for no longer wishing to live there and I'm not the only one who doesn't live there and frequents this board. I'm sure some would love to censor me and others, and live in ignorant bliss. I hope that doesn't happen, but if it does I'll survive.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:39 am

That didn't answer my question but whatever, and again, I wasn't attacking you.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:07 am

It's not a personal attack, guy, just an observation that you seem to be here to spread negativism and fear and you don't even live here. So what is your agenda?

Do you just not have enough to occupy your time?
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:56 am

You should talk MC re spreading negativism and fear. What about all the neo-con crap you have posted?
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:20 am

I sometimes frequent this and other boards re: Mexico and other parts of the world I may someday visit (including Lakeside) or live in (not Lakeside). I like to be informed and share my thoughts - both negative and positive. People throughout the internet or in public and private conversations are discussing these issues and many are considering whether they should continue to live in Mexico or rethinking their plans to retire there in the future. There are legitimate concerns and they are healthy to discuss. I'm sorry my posting published news stories and sharing my opinions scare or upset you, but that's your problem. I guess this could be like TOB (the one owned and operated by a real estate firm) and close threads when the discussion could affect the bottom line, but then most would go elsewhere. Till then, don't read what I post or take it for what it is - my opinion. But, do yourselves a favor and don't assume I don't have a clue cause I no longer live there (you don't know me or my background) or that you know more cause you do live there. Especially if you're afraid to go out at night. And, Carry Bean - I don't dislike you, since I don't even know you.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiva Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:01 pm

I have to agree that I see nothing but an observation and opinion in the original post, and I do think he has a point.

The incidence of violence Lakeside is up dramatically over the course of the last 12 months. There is evidence that cartel activity in the area has increased to the point of grenades being used at a police official's residence. That is indeed worrisome, and can affect one's decision.

Any reasonable person would be watching carefully to see which way this thing is going to go. I hope Bob is right and that the police remain vigilant and hopefully this current level of activity subsides, that would be nice. But the other side of the coin is what if the cartel activity continues to ramp up. PV is a long way from the border and it has been hit with a streak of violence that is pretty much off the charts. So, to think that it can't and won't happen Lakeside is not reality. Like I said, I hope not, but only time will tell.

I'd hate to see this board stifle opinions like the other boards do. I don't mean the administrators, I mean the people. We need places where all sides can be heard.
kiva
kiva

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:45 pm

kiva wrote:I have to agree that I see nothing but an observation and opinion in the original post, and I do think he has a point.

The incidence of violence Lakeside is up dramatically over the course of the last 12 months. There is evidence that cartel activity in the area has increased to the point of grenades being used at a police official's residence. That is indeed worrisome, and can affect one's decision.

Any reasonable person would be watching carefully to see which way this thing is going to go. I hope Bob is right and that the police remain vigilant and hopefully this current level of activity subsides, that would be nice. But the other side of the coin is what if the cartel activity continues to ramp up. PV is a long way from the border and it has been hit with a streak of violence that is pretty much off the charts. So, to think that it can't and won't happen Lakeside is not reality. Like I said, I hope not, but only time will tell.

I'd hate to see this board stifle opinions like the other boards do. I don't mean the administrators, I mean the people. We need places where all sides can be heard.

Are you sure about PV hit with a streak of violence? perhaps you meant Maz' and Acapulco.

There has not been much news out of PV.

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Oh, I forgot. It is OK for lefties to have an opinion, not OK for libertarians or conservatives to do the same. So it is a sin when some lefty puts something up on a board to comment or correct them. Sorry Marty, I just don't understand the rules of free speech as dictated by progressives. Thanks for reminding me of them.

My point is simple--if you don't live here and haven't lived here you aren't qualified to lecture those who do live here about how unsafe you think it is. Which in this case is a great deal less unsafe than this fellow thinks it is. We are all aware of the problems of Mexico, which are hardly unique. While I was in Arlington, TX, getting some medical treatment, a cop was blown away less than a block from where our RV was parked. And this in a very good area. Not to mention a number of car jackings, burglaries, etc.

Three months up there was also a good reminder about how inaccurate and sensationalized the reporting is there about Mexico. To read the press there, banditos lurk at every turn and bullets fly nightly in every village in this country. It is 90 percent BS.

Shit happens everywhere. I think most of us here know how to minimize our chances of being victims of crime. Maybe it is because I lived in an inner city "gentrified" neighborhood for a few years, which was a damn sight more dangerous than here, I don't obsess on it. If this board wants to be a place for outsiders to come and post that kind of stuff, so be it.

Last edited by Mainecoons on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Oh, I forgot. It is OK for lefties to have an opinion, not OK for libertarians or conservatives to do the same. So it is a sin when some lefty puts something up on a board to comment or correct them. Sorry Marty, I just don't understand the rules of free speech as dictated by progressives. Thanks for reminding me of them.

Get over yourself, Marty. It will help you avoid getting thrown off or deleted on other boards for personal nastiness.

My point is simple--if you don't live here and haven't lived here you aren't qualified to lecture those who do live here about how unsafe you think it is. Which in this case is a great deal less unsafe than this fellow thinks it is. We are all aware of the problems of Mexico, which are hardly unique. While I was in Arlington, TX, getting some medical treatment, a cop was blown away less than a block from where our RV was parked. And this in a very good area. Not to mention a number of car jackings, burglaries, etc.

Shit happens everywhere. I think most of us here know how to minimize our chances of being victims of crime. Maybe it is because I lived in an inner city "gentrified" neighborhood for a few years, which was a damn sight more dangerous than here, I don't obsess on it. Our non-resident fear monger does. If this board wants to be a place for outsiders to come and post that kind of stuff, so be it.

MC, I can remember when you were down here looking for a place and stating for a fact that when you moved here you had all the experience to fix most if not all of the woes lakeside. And that was only three years ago. I have only met you once, but I must say that seldome have I met a person so full of himself. Now you posted that you also lived among those in the inner city, I suppose that was when you were paying income tax in the six fig's. Get a life and stop the BS and all the boarder promotions.

martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Marty, maybe you better try some memory pills for that faulty brain of yours. And some nasty-removal pills too.

razberry
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Marty, maybe you better try some memory pills for that faulty brain of yours. And some nasty-removal pills too.

razberry

No need Dan, you are what you are. Nuf said. razberry
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiva Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:32 pm

cane wrote:Are you sure about PV hit with a streak of violence? perhaps you meant Maz' and Acapulco.
There has not been much news out of PV.

You are correct, it was Acapulco not PV. Sorry about that, but it doesn't really change my point. Crime is on the rise in places other than the border area. One must watch to see whether it is going to spread to Lakeside ( I sincerely hope not) or whether the recent spurt of violence is a one-off. Time will tell.

kiva
kiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:44 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:42 pm

what was the retaliation by the cartel after the arrests? Does anyone have a link to a news story?
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next