INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes.

+17
arbon
CanuckBob
holdrja
espíritu del lago
Carry Bean
susan
Jim W
raqueteer
gringal
hound dog
simpsca
ferret
johninajijic
Rolly
Parker
SusieSunshine
Chapalagringa
21 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes. - Page 6 Empty Re: For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes.

Post by raqueteer Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:27 am

Parker wrote:People, be real, the thread will die when there’s no one is left that is still interested. If you’re bored, then just bow out. There is no requirement on your participation so you can, without permission, just move on and let those that are enjoying themselves talk to each other. This incessant need to dominate what others say or the feeling that others will go astray, if you don’t control them is self-telling.

And so is this little gem Parker, telling people to drop dead, or dig themselves a grave.

"Susan wrote": if you continue to tell people to drop dead than i will be forced to report you. you are very mean. dont flatter yourself, our paths wont cross. You are kidding, right? I still believe you should “dig a grave and jump in” and think rationally for a short period of time, this may be a new experience for you but sometimes this really can help

I will notify board management to stop sending me emails about this, the biggest waste of time on the entire internet. Do have a nice day.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes. - Page 6 Empty Re: For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes.

Post by arbon Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:36 am

¿"Why do women always have to have the last word"?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 pm

raqueteer wrote:
Parker wrote:People, be real, the thread will die when there’s no one is left that is still interested. If you’re bored, then just bow out. There is no requirement on your participation so you can, without permission, just move on and let those that are enjoying themselves talk to each other. This incessant need to dominate what others say or the feeling that others will go astray, if you don’t control them is self-telling.

And so is this little gem Parker, telling people to drop dead, or dig themselves a grave.

"Susan wrote": if you continue to tell people to drop dead than i will be forced to report you. you are very mean. dont flatter yourself, our paths wont cross. You are kidding, right? I still believe you should “dig a grave and jump in” and think rationally for a short period of time, this may be a new experience for you but sometimes this really can help

I will notify board management to stop sending me emails about this, the biggest waste of time on the entire internet. Do have a nice day.

This is what I said in response to susan post. As you can see I did not tell her to drop dead just to dig a grave and jump in, a rhetorical (theatrical) statement. You need to read all of susans post to understand my response.

Re: For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes.
by Parker on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:24 am

.susan wrote:
i dont think you have a maid who knows how to clean, or has had any experience. its a no brainer to see that. this person would not last 2hours w/me. id pay them to go home early. i did that once, heres the money, go. cut your losses, why are you wasting your time? are you an employer or a social worker? in general i donot hire people who work for americans, as many of you have no boundaries, & have created monsters here. like the one i fired in 5 minutes. i hire people who work for upper middle class mexicans. i am senora i am not a friend. i dont get what this 30day business is, or severence. no one who worked for me who was awful got severence $. dont think you know how to deal w/employees, & seem to want companionship. that is not appropiate. i would try someone new, now since you know what you want & read these posts. i will never fire my maid, shes been w/me 4 years. shes good, but i also show her how i like certain things done. like iron on the reverse side, use this detergent for hand laundry etc. sometimes she will forget something important-like she will not use the heavy towel while ironing on the wood table. i set it up for her, so my table dosnt get burnt. i also prepare & separate the laundry for her, stack the dishes etc. i have my own cleaning stuff, she tells me when i run out. she comes regularly 1 day minimal 3 hours. that is my commitment to her. she will work more if i need her for additional hourly pay. 1 or 1 1/2 hrs more in general. if i need her sometimes for an extra day she will fit it in. usually i have a routine, but sometimes that changes. (i sometimes use a written list, but she does better if i remind her as a backup). the regular routine is: kitchen, bathrooms, floors, dust& polish furniture, clean glass table tops. each time she comes, there is an additional chore which changes each week: some times windows, or patio, or clean closet or arrange draws. she also picks up & drops off laundry, goes to the supermarket for me that is part of the routine. because of that, it takes around 4 hours. i always have food she likes, special for her. if someone works more than 3 hrs they should get a sandwich in addition to soda & water & a snack. she sometimes just takes bread & yogart & goes home. sometimes she will stay & toast tortillas w/cheese. i also give her all my bedding towels clothes dishes etc that i dont need. she offered to buy my dining room chairs, & had her husband come by to pay me & take them before the consignment store came. she never missed a day, if she needs to change the day, she calls. when its her vacation i get a weeks notice, & pay her what is legal or more. xmas a bonus always. oh, never a key. she has teen boys, no one ever get a key to my house ever. i trust her personally but something can happen. she knows my habits, my food, my personality, there is no weird games. shes direct, we get along. most of all she knows how to clean.

Parker wrote; What, are you for real? If you are dig a grave and jump in. I’m really glad you have no relationship to me otherwise I might find myself in situations I find intolerable. Apparently heart and compassion means nothing to you and it’s all about, “ what’s for “ME!!!” Sorry but the likes of you are not the kind of people anyone needs to know, IMHO,.
Parker

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Dead Horse

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Amen GG
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:34 pm

I think they should ban those idiotic emoticons. And some people around here say those who swear are incapable of intelligent expression.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:21 pm

gringal wrote: Dead Horse

Gringal, to be totally honest I don’t understand your meaning. Are you saying that no matter what is stated “raqueteer” will confuse the issue? I get that “martygraw” agrees with you. I just happen to believe that issues should continue if someone is getting some kind of enjoyment out of it, even though I may find it boring as hell! Who does it hurt? IMHO. Perhaps a PM might be appropriate here I really don’t want to offend anyone, including myself.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:29 pm

My "emoticon" was not directed at you or any other person who posted on this thread. I lost internet connectivity earlier this week, and upon getting service back, I quickly skimmed through the last ?? pages of this thread and IMO, people were just "beating a dead horse". I couldn't believe it was still going on..........so that's all there is to it. Okay?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm

gringal wrote:My "emoticon" was not directed at you or any other person who posted on this thread. I lost internet connectivity earlier this week, and upon getting service back, I quickly skimmed through the last ?? pages of this thread and IMO, people were just "beating a dead horse". I couldn't believe it was still going on..........so that's all there is to it. Okay?

O.K. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:43 pm

My post was not aimed at one poster in particular. You use that dorky crap less than many others. The beating a dead horse et al should be beat to death.

Or at least design a new one like that little yellow dude beating the crap of a keyboard.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:12 pm

I will find one for you when I get a few minutes tomorrow Solo.

Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:45 pm

ferret wrote:ROTFLMAO!

Haha! You did learn something.

Take it easy with your back...or you'll need the massage more than once a week.

Yes! After pondering this hormonal mess for a good week, I've learned something.

1. Reliability wins!
2. Character wins!
3. We have some of those new fiber cleaning rags that can leave spots on the mirrors that are heck to get off! Paper towels and other old bath towels leave lint behind. What type of fabric, perhaps a shammy? would not leave unwanted lint or spots behind? Newspaper left permanent scratch marks in both my window block wall and mirrors.
4. Even I haven't gotten all of those hard water spots off the window block, although a lot of it! Perhaps now, my original maid CAN maintain the cleanliness.
5. What looked to be a powder cleanser or soap residue on the flagstone shower is now, Pato spray, which does NOT scrub off easily w/a brush. sigh, now looking for something to get that off with.
6. In regards to the detailed checklist, which needs to be done every week to keep up. We'll(me & her) complete the list throughout the week.
7. I am very demanding. She's here to assist me and there's not enough time to do it near perfect in 4 hours if she's going to help me. I keep thinking of solovino's words: She's not expected to do it perfect either. I need to not get uptight about it.
8. The maid I thought was thorough, turned out not be thorough and unreliable.

I'd do it myself all of the time, but knowing myself, I'll get burned out on it and come the holidays will not be able to keep up with the house and do all the cooking. Especially being it's all from scratch. I think I'd like my wall oven by Thanksgiving please Very Happy

Really, 90% of the time I'm much more relaxed about things but everything built up & came to a head. Maybe it was the construction of the fireplace mess that got on my nerves.

Hopefully Monday, we'll be back to our new regular program. Regarding pay...will let DH deal with it. He's smart, he'd already told her that she may be coming back when he told her not to come last week. mariachi

It's hard to find people you can trust, and when you do find them, you want to keep them around. Nobody's perfect, especially me.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:31 pm

This thread is a joke, congrats.... we are neighbors....My "housekeeper" of 5 years, and my yardkeeper of 6 years, have keyes to my home. .....never an issue....treat them like family....pay fairly.....far more than you pay.....40 pesos
per hour for house keeper, 60 pesos for yard and pool. WE are never their for satisfactory work. Approximately, 1000 per week total...they work 3/2. Also pay my yard guy....120 per day to care home....when out of town

Either I am lucky or you are cheap and expect to much....bottom line ...you get what you pay for......... razberry razberry razberry Beer Dead Horse Dead Horse
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:
ferret wrote:ROTFLMAO!

Haha! You did learn something.

Take it easy with your back...or you'll need the massage more than once a week.

Yes! After pondering this hormonal mess for a good week, I've learned something.

1. Reliability wins!
2. Character wins!
3. We have some of those new fiber cleaning rags that can leave spots on the mirrors that are heck to get off! Paper towels and other old bath towels leave lint behind. What type of fabric, perhaps a shammy? would not leave unwanted lint or spots behind? Newspaper left permanent scratch marks in both my window block wall and mirrors.
4. Even I haven't gotten all of those hard water spots off the window block, although a lot of it! Perhaps now, my original maid CAN maintain the cleanliness.
5. What looked to be a powder cleanser or soap residue on the flagstone shower is now, Pato spray, which does NOT scrub off easily w/a brush. sigh, now looking for something to get that off with.
6. In regards to the detailed checklist, which needs to be done every week to keep up. We'll(me & her) complete the list throughout the week.
7. I am very demanding. She's here to assist me and there's not enough time to do it near perfect in 4 hours if she's going to help me. I keep thinking of solovino's words: She's not expected to do it perfect either. I need to not get uptight about it.
8. The maid I thought was thorough, turned out not be thorough and unreliable.

I'd do it myself all of the time, but knowing myself, I'll get burned out on it and come the holidays will not be able to keep up with the house and do all the cooking. Especially being it's all from scratch. I think I'd like my wall oven by Thanksgiving please Very Happy

Really, 90% of the time I'm much more relaxed about things but everything built up & came to a head. Maybe it was the construction of the fireplace mess that got on my nerves.

Hopefully Monday, we'll be back to our new regular program. Regarding pay...will let DH deal with it. He's smart, he'd already told her that she may be coming back when he told her not to come last week. mariachi

It's hard to find people you can trust, and when you do find them, you want to keep them around. Nobody's perfect, especially me.

It's time for you to give up this posting nonsense. OK, you've been through what, 3 maids now? This is a webboard, not your personal blog. I, for one, don't want to hear about it any longer.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Stop watching this topic. No one is forcing you to read it silly.

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:54 pm

It IS silly. AMF.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Maid service is something that is expected from foreigners and unusual if you don't have it. If it's not something you're used to, it is benificial to others to know what they're expectations can be. Real life David. Real life here.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:05 pm

I've been here 7 years and our maid is here 5 days a week, 5 hours a day. She's been with the house for 13 years. So, tell me what I don't know. Please tell me. Talk to me about how you pay Holidays, Vacation, and Aguinaldo. Please tell me everything I need to know. But please, don't bore us with your daily trials and tribulations of learning how do deal with getting what you want out of your household help. Please, tell me and others something of value. Please, because what you're posting is neither helpful nor entertaining. If you want to entertain then start your own blog.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:14 pm

The point of the thread is expectations. This wasn't meant to be a tractor, trailer, wine, political or car thread that would interest you. That's why it says, "For the ladies." Ladies understand other ladies. This isn't a blog, it's a discussion for the ladies. Although I'm not opposed to hearing from the men that may understand, or who are tapped into their feminine side. A blog is one's point of view. I'm open to other's point of view. That is what a forum is for.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:19 pm

I think you're missing my point. I'll add that you have no idea what would interest me. This is not your personal blog, however your post has now run to 10 pages. Regardless of gender we all employ household staff. In the preceeding 10 pages I haven't seen a) many ladies participating or b) you offering any helpfull information, e.g. the topics I mentioned above. You're just being pedantic. If you have something usefull to contribute please do. Otherwise, please start your own blog.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:22 pm

David wrote:I think you're missing my point. I'll add that you have no idea what would interest me. This is not your personal blog, however your post has now run to 10 pages. Regardless of gender we all employ household staff. In the preceeding 10 pages I haven't seen a) many ladies participating or b) you offering any helpfull information, e.g. the topics I mentioned above. You're just being pedantic. If you have something usefull to contribute please do. Otherwise, please start your own blog.

Who the f%&# died and made you supreme message board ruler?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:23 pm

David wrote:I've been here 7 years and our maid is here 5 days a week, 5 hours a day. She's been with the house for 13 years. So, tell me what I don't know. Please tell me. Talk to me about how you pay Holidays, Vacation, and Aguinaldo. Please tell me everything I need to know. But please, don't bore us with your daily trials and tribulations of learning how do deal with getting what you want out of your household help. Please, tell me and others something of value. Please, because what you're posting is neither helpful nor entertaining. If you want to entertain then start your own blog.

My posts are entertaining. That's why people who don't post read them. I meet them in the streets and when I don't post, am asked to post again. They're women. It's been this way for 5 years now.

Never was trying to inform you of anything. Please feel free to click the, "Stop watching this topic," so I may continue this with the ladies. Thanks.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:26 pm

This is toooooooooooooooooo funny...the wife strikes back........no job...spending toooooooo much time on the WEB....get a job or take care of your kids..........BTW you contribute nothing....just extend a bull shit thread.......Solo was right on!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Jim W wrote:This thread is a joke, congrats.... we are neighbors....My "housekeeper" of 5 years, and my yardkeeper of 6 years, have keyes to my home. .....never an issue....treat them like family....pay fairly.....far more than you pay.....40 pesos
per hour for house keeper, 60 pesos for yard and pool. WE are never their for satisfactory work. Approximately, 1000 per week total...they work 3/2. Also pay my yard guy....120 per day to care home....when out of town

Either I am lucky or you are cheap and expect to much....bottom line ...you get what you pay for......... razberry razberry razberry Beer Dead Horse Dead Horse

I never disclosed how much we were paying my original maid that will be asked to come back. You may recall I'd stated we were paying too much. I'd hired the new maid at the regular rate to start w/promise of a raise after probation, but she turned out to be a no show.

The other maid that I had interest in, after further investigation, appeared to be less thorough than my maid and unreliable. Never hired anyone else. No one, except me has been cleaning since Monday, which I've enjoyed. :)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:42 pm

Sheeit give it up, you are becoming a huge bore, go back to looking after your kids and husband. Enough is enough
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:49 pm

LMAF.....MARTYGRAW COULDN'T SAID IT BETTER
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next