INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic soccer - A new season kicks off!

+5
slainte39
zenwoodle
gvprod
Mainecoons
TrueBrit
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ajijic soccer - A new season kicks off! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajijic soccer - A new season kicks off!

Post by Jim W Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:46 pm

TrueBrit wrote:Lots of news about the soccer teams...

FIRST - the next game :  Sunday (7th) at the lower field.  The younger ones are playing at 2pm and the big kids at 4pm.  We are playing Los Charales de Chapala, so it should be a lively crowd with lots of visitors.  I have only seen friendly rivalry in the past.  Great atmosphere.  The younger ones now play in the InsideLakeside uniform.
Regarding the eligibility confusion, I have just found out that we have 10 ineligible players who are too old to play with the big kids.  The plan is to start a third team - which is good, 'cos there is more opportunity for more kids to play, but is bad news in that they have to incur the costs of a third team.  They are looking to be in the same division, but in the higher age group (3rd division).  Each division has its own age range which overlaps.
Phil,  will their be games the 20th/21st?    Really want to see the boys play!

Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ajijic soccer - A new season kicks off! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajijic soccer - A new season kicks off!

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:14 am

TrueBrit wrote:Lots of news about the soccer teams...

FIRST - the next game :  Sunday (7th) at the lower field.  The younger ones are playing at 2pm and the big kids at 4pm.  We are playing Los Charales de Chapala, so it should be a lively crowd with lots of visitors.  I have only seen friendly rivalry in the past.  Great atmosphere.  The younger ones now play in the InsideLakeside uniform.
Regarding the eligibility confusion, I have just found out that we have 10 ineligible players who are too old to play with the big kids.  The plan is to start a third team - which is good, 'cos there is more opportunity for more kids to play, but is bad news in that they have to incur the costs of a third team.  They are looking to be in the same division, but in the higher age group (3rd division).  Each division has its own age range which overlaps.

This means more money.... Is this expanding faster than we with open wallets can fund? Do we need some fun fundraisers to get the purses and wallets open. We also need more steady money. I will commit to $200 per month again. Anybody else? I have never got better value for my money!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:28 am

I can commit to that also!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:59 am

I am in for 200 a month.
Hope to be back by the end of October. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:48 am

Me too......

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Jim W wrote:

I am not aware of any holidays around that time, so there should be games that weekend.  The only question is where?  It usually follows the alternating home/away schedule - so as they are home this weekend, they should be home again on the 20th/21st.  I've never seen an actual fixture list for the season - it may be because of teams dropping out and games adjusted to fill the gaps.  All I ever see is a one page print-out that gives last weekend's scores and who is playing whom on the upcoming weekend.  I will check tomorrow.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:01 pm

TrueBrit wrote:
Jim W wrote:

I am not aware of any holidays around that time, so there should be games that weekend.  The only question is where?  It usually follows the alternating home/away schedule - so as they are home this weekend, they should be home again on the 20th/21st.  I've never seen an actual fixture list for the season - it may be because of teams dropping out and games adjusted to fill the gaps.  All I ever see is a one page print-out that gives last weekend's scores and who is playing whom on the upcoming weekend.  I will check tomorrow.
Thank You Amigo, see you at the Swarm. Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:04 am

Phil and I were at the second game, didn't seen any of you there.

They won, but it was an ugly win.  This problem with the age requirement basically gutted the older team.  A number of the guys from the younger team stepped in, playing, and winning, two games in a row, wow!

You can tell that although there was a lot of individual talent, there wasn't a lot of quality passing and ball control.  Basically, our goalie made one serious error but theirs made two so we won. The lack of coordination wasn't surprising given that our coaching staff basically fielded a last minute pick up team. To win even so was a great accomplishment!

The coaching staff deserves very high marks for managing to put together a winning side having just lost all of that excellent preseason work that had them working so well together in the first game. I think we can count on them to put things back together in a hurry.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Yikes, I keep forgetting about the games.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:59 pm

I believe we are the only unbeaten teams in both divisions.  I hear there will be 17-and-under forming in the next weeks or so, which will mop up the 10 players who are too old for the teams now.  We had to borrow so many players from the younger team - around 5 or 6 played two games in a row.  There were some very tired legs out there, but they never lost heart.
Here are pics of the younger ones https://www.flickr.com/photos/true_brit/sets/72157647382326602/
and the big ones (but notice how bigger Charales looks compared to us) https://www.flickr.com/photos/true_brit/sets/72157646981213060/

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:04 pm

These kids who played two games back to back are simply incredible!

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:48 pm

We have two games this week, both in Guad. Tomorrow evening and early Saturday (9 and 11) so everyone will be back in time for the globos. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will find out more details.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:33 pm

Both teams lost yesterday. Hopefully we will bounce back tomorrow.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:59 pm

There will be a game of the new big kids team - with all your favorites Peruzi, Facundo, etc. - on 16th of September at 2pm. They will be playing the under 17 team of Leones Negros. Leones are the University of Guadalajara, Guad's third first division team. So it should be a quality game.
The other two teams will play on Sunday 21st and we are hoping Jim W will be there. We would like to recognize his contribution to local youth soccer.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:15 pm

I have more info on the game on Tuesday. The new Union Ajijic under 17 team will be playing the Leones Negros from University of Guad on Tuesday 16th at the lower field starting at 2pm. This is a friendly as Leones Negros are in Division 1 and our new team will be in Division 3.
After the game at 4pm there is a final of two local (Ajijic) teams. I mentioned Peruzi would be playing in the 2pm game, but he will not as he is in one of the local teams playing at 4pm. I do have it on good authority that the big lad, Facundo, has returned from a summer in the USA and will be playing at 2pm.
And buried at the bottom of the news is that we lost two games in Guad on Saturday.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2