INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delores Hidalgo and Guanajuato

+4
Rosa Venus
David
camillenparadise
solajijic
8 posters

Go down

Delores Hidalgo and Guanajuato Empty Delores Hidalgo and Guanajuato

Post by solajijic Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:43 pm

In Delores Hidalgo we would like to see the manufacturing and painting of crockery. Where would we be able to see the process? Many many years ago, about 6, we stopped at a shop and were able to go into the back and see the whatever back there (husband went for about an hour I did not). Does anyone know a guide or friendly local with connections?

What to see in Guanajuato besides the already seen mummies. Is there a particular silver mine tour? Anything else?

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Delores Hidalgo and Guanajuato Empty Re: Delores Hidalgo and Guanajuato

Post by camillenparadise Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:46 am

Queretaro, hands down! A beautiful and well-maintained Centro, lovely B&B's..., restaurants....

camillenparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:14 am

solajijic wrote:In Delores Hidalgo we would like to see the manufacturing and painting of crockery.  Where would we be able to see the process?  Many many years ago, about 6, we stopped at a shop and were able to go into the back and see the whatever back there (husband went for about an hour I did not).  Does anyone know a guide or friendly local with connections?

What to see in Guanajuato besides the already seen mummies.  Is there a particular silver mine tour?  Anything else?

The Opera House that was opened by Arturo Toscanini. The covered mercado designed by Gustave Eiffel. Diego Rivera's home. The Alhondiga museum. Drive about 20 miles beyond Guanajuato to Santa Rosa and you can see the most incredible Talavera pottery facility. Their products make the stuff from Dolores Hidalgo seem second class.

There's more: http://www.visitmexico.com/en/guanajuato
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:32 am

Visit Exhacienda San Gabriel de Barrera, in Marfil neighborhood, just outside of Guanajuato centro. All kinds of gardens of different styles (but not so big it's overwhelming), beautiful house restored with period furnishings. Imagine yourself living there. Pretend your other half is a slave and order him around. Etc.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:11 am

"Pretend your other half is a slave and order him around. Etc."

The other sex do that anyway
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:07 pm

DaveP wrote:"Pretend your other half is a slave and order him around. Etc."

The other sex do that anyway

Always true... No matter who says it! razberry 
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 pm

I really enjoy a weekend in Guanajuato. It's a great city for strolling and shopping, then relaxing over a drink. Don't miss the troubadours at night. Look for a guy in a Shakespearean outfit hanging around the plaza. His job is to tell tourists where to meet that night. You join the troubadours, who squirt wine into your mouths, then sing and walk, then squirt some more wine. After 15 minutes or so they'll ask for a small amount, maybe $100 pesos, to continue on. Then they'll give you a frog vessel to hold your wine.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:32 pm

solajijic wrote:In Delores Hidalgo we would like to see the manufacturing and painting of crockery.  Where would we be able to see the process?  Many many years ago, about 6, we stopped at a shop and were able to go into the back and see the whatever back there (husband went for about an hour I did not).  Does anyone know a guide or friendly local with connections?

What to see in Guanajuato besides the already seen mummies.  Is there a particular silver mine tour?  Anything else?

Dolores
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down