INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Chapala Crime is back in business

+6
Lake Chapala Crime
Rosa Venus
Sideways
Lady Otter Latté
hockables
simpsca
10 posters

Go down

Lake Chapala Crime is back in business Empty Lake Chapala Crime is back in business

Post by simpsca Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:18 am

Lake Chapala Crime is Back! Due to health problems Lake Chapala Crime owner had to return to the US but is now back. Check the website at http://www.lakechapalacrime.com/ for the latest. This one below was a shocker. Haven't gotten gas in Ixtlahuacan but don't plan on doing that!

July 17, 2013 Avoid gassing up in Tlajomulco & Ixtlahuacan at The 7-11s and mini marts between Guadalajara airport and Chapala. A person reports that there are people who prey on those stopping to get gas or snacks on the road to Chapala, some have only had their window smashed and wallets and computers stolen and others have been forced into the bathroom at gunpoint and had their vehicles stolen.

Gas up in Guadalajara or in Chapala and don't stop in between. If you do stop, be alert!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Lake Chapala Crime is back in business Empty Re: Lake Chapala Crime is back in business

Post by hockables Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:52 am

simpsca wrote:Lake Chapala Crime is Back!  Due to health problems Lake Chapala Crime owner had to return to the US but is now back.  Check the website at http://www.lakechapalacrime.com/ for the latest.  This one below was a shocker.  Haven't gotten gas in Ixtlahuacan but don't plan on doing that!

July 17, 2013  Avoid gassing up in Tlajomulco & Ixtlahuacan at The 7-11s and mini marts between Guadalajara airport and Chapala. A person reports that there are people who prey on those stopping to get gas or snacks on the road to Chapala, some have only had their window smashed and wallets and computers stolen and others have been forced into the bathroom at gunpoint and had their vehicles stolen.

Gas up in Guadalajara or in Chapala and don't stop in between. If you do stop, be alert!

What bothers me is that none of this is verifiable... How do we know that " the person " didn't just get a " Bad Gulp " and for a lark, has decided to trash the local 7-11?

I believe Chapala Crime is trying to do good work... but some of the sources might be nothing more than a " gossip column "
Think about some of the infamous characters who have amused themselves trolling around here...

just say'n is all......
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lake Chapala Crime is back in business Empty Re: Lake Chapala Crime is back in business

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:07 am

Hocks, I thought the exact same thing when I read it.
"A person reports" could mean someone with a grudge or someone passing on a rumor they heard or, as you said, a troll.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:22 am

Past owners did their best to keep out trolls by asking for local phone numbers, addresses of those reporting crimes. I think it's a good site as crime here goes mostly unreported, especially thefts. While it pays to always be vigilant, often burglaries here run in 'sprees' in specific neighborhoods and it's good to know when that's happening near you.

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:26 am

I just thought it was lame. Sort of like...

"A person reports that there are people who prey on passengers traveling through the Guadalajara airport. Some have had their luggage stolen, including laptops, others have been robbed after using an atm in the terminal. Try to avoid using the Guadalajara airport, but if you must, be alert!"

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:44 am

Not sure that I understand the motive for all the comments and belittling of the information.

This source happens to be a trusted one - who said it recently happened to three people.

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:20 pm

I know personally 2 victims of the mini mart stuff, one local attorney who does immigration and a civil court asst to the judge who picked me up late and told me the story to explain why he was an hour late. I have been told of other crimes there but do not doubt those that told me however do not personally know the victims.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Some?....others?....all sorts of vandalism, thefts, and robberies?
It sounds like an epidemic.
But then, it is attibuted to a  trusted, un-named source who said it happened to three other un-named people, of which neither layer is verified by a second source.
Layer upon layer of heresay. Could have happened but very sketchy on substantiation.

I think crime reports should be based on verifiable information and not rumours....even if some go unreported.
Better a guilty man go free than an innocent man be hanged.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:38 pm

It said "a person reported." It did not say "a trusted source." It did not say "a trusted source said three people were recently...." It also did not say "Spencer personally knows two victimes" nor that one was an attorney nor any of the other stuff now being added. What some of us said was that "one person reported" was not enough for us--not that it wasn´t or could not be true. Instead of complaining about the reception of the report it might be better to note what it lacked and include more information on why you give credence to the report and maybe we will to. "Because I said so" doesn´t work for some of us.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:42 pm

a white pickup truck was speeding through the middle of ajijic at 80mph?-SNORK! did the witness to this have a radar gun on it before he/she screamed as it missed him/her by a mere 18 inches with a tape measure in hand?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Lake Chapala Crime wrote:
This source happens to be a trusted one - who said it recently happened to three people.

And that would have been worth reporting, as has been mentioned. Thanks for clarifying.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:It said "a person reported." It did not say "a trusted source." It did not say "a trusted source said three people were recently...." It also did not say "Spencer personally knows two victimes" nor that one was an attorney nor any of the other stuff now being added. What some of us said was that "one person reported" was not enough for us--not that it wasn´t or could not be true. Instead of complaining about the reception of the report it might be better to note what it lacked and include more information on why you give credence to the report and maybe we will to. "Because I said so" doesn´t work for some of us.

Well, Lady Otter why don't you gas up there, and just ignore the crime reports? Why complain about them on a public board? People do have the where-with-all to make up their own minds. If that report prevents one retired person from being robbed at gunpoint -- that would be good, would it not? It's not like there aren't any other places in which to get gas.

That website provides a very essential service. While yes, sometimes you have to take things with an ounce of salt, it is very helpful to know when crime is breaking out and in what neighbourhoods it is occurring.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:16 pm

For God's sake. It's only as useful as the reports it generates.

Have you COUNTED how many possible Pemex/mini-mart locations there are between here and the airport? On each side of the highway? Just because it hasn't been reported to Lakeside Crime, do you think this kind of activity doesn't happen at other similar locations all over the zona metropolitana?

I know for my own peace of mind, I'm only going to fuel up at the safe ones. I know which ones they are. I can tell. And I've got them all plotted on my GPS. Rolling Eyes

Yes, if there is a pattern that's been established, and a persistent problem in certain areas, THAT'S worth knowing! Maybe subsequent reports WILL confirm THIS first one, and we'll get useful information. That would be GOOD.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:52 pm

Spencer, the lawyer's friends first hand accounts are not good enough? YOU go ahead and make up your own mind.

It's very nice to know where armed robberies have occurred.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:11 pm

For me, the only safe Pemex and convenience store is the one located in Canacinta, west of Ajijic, but only when the army returns to the nearby base.
Oops, I forgot...isn't that the one where the the guys were seen with the guns that later turned into a gunfight at the OK corral.

Otherwise, I agree with Rosa Venus.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:18 pm

lotusflower wrote:Spencer, the lawyer's friends first hand accounts are not good enough?  YOU go ahead and make up your own mind.

It's very nice to know where armed robberies have occurred.

How long do we have to remember?  I remember when Super Lake was robbed (armed)...went there the next night.  Can't remember how many times Bancomer in Ajijic has been robbed.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:40 am

2 places crime happens alot, Walmart in Ajijic which consists of stealing parts and your purse or wallet and the gas stations and mini marts between the airport and Chapala. Easy fix for the gas stations and mimi marts, don't go. As far as Walmart, don't take a nice car and don't take a purse just take enough to pay for what you buy. These places seem to have the same repeated crimes, you can prepare and avoid being a victim, get lucky or have the same fate as others.

I learn from others. Sometimes you cannot avoid going to a certain place but if you know there is a potential for problems, you can prepare.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down