INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Powdered Eggs - Where to buy?

+2
Jim W
gatosigi
6 posters

Go down

Powdered Eggs - Where to buy? Empty Powdered Eggs - Where to buy?

Post by gatosigi Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:47 pm

A study of 400 eggs for sale in Mexico City found "One hundred thirty one (131) isolates corresponding to 12 different bacterial genuses were obtained, ..."  1 had salmonella.   http://www.tecnicapecuaria.org.mx/journal/publicacion04.php?IdPublicacion=515
So if you make your own mayonnaise to avoid the junk in commercial stuff, you can reduce your chances of contacting salmonella by not using the yolk, where it is more likely to reside.  But a better option is to use powdered eggs.  Do you know where powdered eggs are available in the Lakeside area or in Guadalajara?

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Powdered Eggs - Where to buy? Empty Re: Powdered Eggs - Where to buy?

Post by Jim W Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:07 pm

If one is that anal about the possibilities of getting sick, why not totally eliminate eggs from your diet? When I moved here 8 years ago I was shocked eggs weren't refrigerated.......now.....who cares. We go thru 2 dozen eggs per week, no salmonella....me gonna roll the dice, as to old to sweat the small stuff.

Just curious gatosigi, is home made mayo that much better, to run the risk of salmonella?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Jim W wrote:  When I moved here 8 years ago I was shocked eggs weren't refrigerated.......now.....who cares.  

Classic!Very Happy 

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Jim:

Having been raised in SE Asia in teh 50's & 60's where preapred mayonaise wasn't available, homemade mayo was the only option other than a sometimes supply of Miracle Whip.  From my point of view, nothing better and it has nothing to do with preservatives or other considerations.  If you have a blender and what former bar owner wouldn't?  It is easy to make but do it in small batches as long as you use quality ingredients and one can add flavoring like wasabi, garlic, etc.  

I would be willing to bet that that there are fewer health issues with Mexican eggs than what we could have experienced with eggs in Bombay, India in the late 50's and early 60's!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:26 pm

viajero wrote:
Jim W wrote:  When I moved here 8 years ago I was shocked eggs weren't refrigerated.......now.....who cares.   

Classic!Very Happy 

I do!...when I crack em, I just throw away the ones with baby chicks.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:05 am

Jim W wrote:If one is that anal about the possibilities of getting sick, why not totally eliminate eggs from your diet?  When I moved here 8 years ago I was shocked eggs weren't refrigerated.......now.....who cares.  We go thru 2 dozen eggs per week, no salmonella....me gonna roll the dice, as to old to sweat the small stuff.  

Just curious gatosigi, is home made mayo that much better, to run the risk of salmonella?  

Remember folks some of us have better immunity systems than others.  I can eat anything. My brother in law and I could eat the exact
same food here. He would be sick I would not.  He is not healthy and has lost his immune system compared to a normal person. I eat eggs others should not. My brother in law went home and that was probably a good decision. Seen same thing is other folks. Always sick.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down