INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More fun and Games by America Food Suppliers, this Time Eggs

4 posters

Go down

More fun and Games by America Food Suppliers, this Time Eggs Empty More fun and Games by America Food Suppliers, this Time Eggs

Post by drmike Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Minnesota food company recalls eggs in 34 states
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

More fun and Games by America Food Suppliers, this Time Eggs Empty Re: More fun and Games by America Food Suppliers, this Time Eggs

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:25 pm

Or how about this one? Taco Bell Implicated in 10-State Salmonella Outbreak

http://blogs.laweekly.com/squidink/2012/02/taco_bell_implicated_in_10-sta.php

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

More fun and Games by America Food Suppliers, this Time Eggs Empty Re: More fun and Games by America Food Suppliers, this Time Eggs

Post by drmike Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:33 am

Eggs recalled in 34 states

Sorry, I failed to put in the link. Friday was a tough day for me...

http://www.batangastoday.com/egg-recall-2012-michael-foods-recalls-cooked-eggs-in-34-us-states-du
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:35 am

CheenaGringo,
Bad food is all around us. I think the large agribusinesses have gotten too big, too productive and too dangerous. Having recalls are almost a daily happening...

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:08 am

drmike wrote:CheenaGringo,
Bad food is all around us. I think the large agribusinesses have gotten too big, too productive and too dangerous. Having recalls are almost a daily happening...

Dr. Mike

We all know the old jokes about English sportscars and how unreliable they were. You use to have to hit the fuel pump under the tank with a wrench or hammer
to get old MG's going. Lucas was the electrical supplier who made all these non working parts. Jokes would be told with Lucas in the joke like why do the english
drink warm beer? Because they have Lucas fridges and on and on. What are the three positions on a lucas light switch? Dim flicker and short. Well it got so
bad that something had to change. Lucas was told that if they wanted to sell parts they had to change. Well of course they didn't until they had to replace
every bad part with two parts and pay for it themselves. Lucas today is a very high quality company with good products. Well why all this?? If you treat
agribusiness like Lucas they will clean up there act. No reason for all this cross contamination. If a company causes problems they should be hit hard and long
so that they change there corporate culture. It is really the only thing they understand. Fines would be based on how big the company is. Bigger company
bigger fine. This would stop them paying fines as a cost of doing business. They view cross contamination and the consequences as a cost of doing business.
So a million dollar fine for some big agribusiness is nothing but puts a small business out of business. Traffic fines in parts of Scandinavia are based on your
income. The president of Nokia had a half a million dollar traffic ticket which would be like us getting a $150 ticket in US. Fine em til it hurts and they will
fix the problem. Give a 5 billion dollar company a year a million dollar fine is nothing. Make it 100 million and publicly shame them for there bad deads. That
works. Not sure the cross contamination problem can be solved in large scale agribusiness farming and we might have to scale back to more local smaller
farms and processing plants but right now the situation is getting worse not better. Corporations are amazing things when they want to be but they got
to want it!!!! FYI I worked for three fortune 50 companies and worked in everything from Intellectual properties, clean rooms, and worked on designing
electronics. I even worked with the currency traders and auditors so I do have some experience with large corporations.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:24 pm

You forgot "Lucas - Prince of Darkness". I know, I once owned a "bug eyed Sprite".
Wish I still had it, minus the electronics. I'm a "Woodstock wannabee". Half way there (Buffalo, N.Y.) The car's electrical system fried itself. Thanks Mr. Lucas, you probably saved me from myself.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:30 am

borderreiver wrote:You forgot "Lucas - Prince of Darkness". I know, I once owned a "bug eyed Sprite".
Wish I still had it, minus the electronics. I'm a "Woodstock wannabee". Half way there (Buffalo, N.Y.) The car's electrical system fried itself. Thanks Mr. Lucas, you probably saved me from myself.

Yea I wish I had my highly modified TR6 that I dropped a Pontiac OHC in line six motor from the 60's. Cut up the pontiac wiring system and put it in the TR6 so I had
12 volts negative ground. That motor had a four barrel carb on it slightly unusual for a inline six. Had to move the raidiator forward and hit the firewall with a hammer
to make it fit. It was a great car which sounded like a tr6 but had 215 HP. European looks US electric reliablity.

Had a Fiat 850 (yes CC) spider that had an electrical system that could either run the starter or run the ignition but could not do both if it was below 40F (3C). In cold
weather had to park on hill and coast down and bump start it. To this day I can still push start a manual car with very little forward momentum. I did love that car as
I could drive it full bore flat out and nobody knew I was racing them :-) Even the cops I knew laughed when I went screaming by at 6K rpms and accelerating about
as fast as a VW on a slow day. Funny car but good for young man with too much testosterone. Lack of HP probably saved me from mucho tickets.

My last toy which I sold a few years ago as my new wife would put her nails into the armrest every time she rode with me was a fully built Miata with a very large
supercharger and intercooler. We figured it was 250 HP or so. Full racing suspension with soft springs so it was streetable. Even put all new slightly harder bushing
in it. Heavy clutch in it not fun in parade. I miss that car as it was a sleeper with no evidence of modification on the outside. I use to enjoy eating up 5.0 litre
mustangs on the straights. You can imagine how it handled in the curves. Anyhoo time to grow up now I drive a pickup truck. How mundane LOL.

We might as well finish the jokes of European cars of the 60's.

F.I.A.T. Fix it again Tony
F.O.R.D. Dound on road derelick (sp)
F.O.R.D. Fix or repair daily
Any others??

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down