INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denon - amazing cat 5 wire $10,000 U.S.

+3
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
CHILLIN
7 posters

Go down

Denon - amazing cat 5 wire $10,000 U.S. Empty Denon - amazing cat 5 wire $10,000 U.S.

Post by CHILLIN Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Its on Amazon. The reviews are quite -extraordinary Shocked
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000I1X6PM/b3ta-20
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Denon - amazing cat 5 wire $10,000 U.S. Empty Re: Denon - amazing cat 5 wire $10,000 U.S.

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:04 am

Wiring has always been a controversial subject in high end audio.  Different wires do sound
different on speaker wire and interconnects. You can actually tune up the high end or down
the high end depending on wires. I have a solid set of silver speaker wire 14 gauge that sounds
no different than the normal two wire OFC 14 gauge that most people use. Not sure I hear
good enough to tell wires apart anymore but at one time I could.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Denon - amazing cat 5 wire $10,000 U.S. Empty Re: Denon - amazing cat 5 wire $10,000 U.S.

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:40 am

Speaking of Cat 5 cable. I finally found a little electrical shop about 5 doors east of Computerland in Riberas that can order in any length of Cat 5 cable you need. I recently purchased a 50 meter cable for $550 pesos. They get the cable overnight. So now I have 1 wireless router/modem (TelMex) in the main house and two additional wireless routers, one in each casita, for full coverage inside and out. Muy bueno.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:31 pm

You guys aren't getting it - it is the reviews that are hilarious there. All the ubergeeks trying to outdo each other explaining the magical effects of this cable and its influence on the quantum field.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Excellent find, and thanks for a good laugh, Chillin'. I'm going to order one so I can watch the spontaneous regrowth of lost human limbs when accidentally spilling Tuscan whole milk on the thing.

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/06/22/amazon-reader-review.html
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Mike, and others:

I've got some of that very special Cat 5 cable for sale at only $10 per foot. I will even through in the RJ-45 connectors for free.

Don't tell anyone, but I get this high quality cable at WallyMart and then simply change the label and asking price.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:32 pm

CHILLIN wrote:You guys aren't getting it - it is the reviews that are hilarious there. All the ubergeeks trying to outdo each other explaining the magical effects of this cable and its influence on the quantum field.

No I read it and it is a normal thing for high end audio. Don't you remember putting a cyan highlighter on the outside edge of a CD? Sometimes to
be fair the dumbest sounding thing can actually improve the sound.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Yes - sometimes it does get sort of nutty. I don't know if these guys are serious. Then I know of people who set up their sound system, once a year, in a remote field, and have enough battery juice for only a few songs.

You can buy the audio equivalent of tin foil hats here:
http://www.machinadynamica.com/
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:45 am

Oh how funny we have new magic markers for Blu ray disks Chillin.  Funny thing was I swear
some old CD did sound better with a cyan magic marker painted on the thin edge.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:53 am

The sad truth is that cable is actually available all over the web for the true price of 500 smackers. I worked with a couple of guys once who did sound-systems for celebrities (names like Chris Tucker and Carol Burnett), and we went over the whole "cable quality" thing. They bought good basic stuff, but never the high-end overpriced cables. They had arrays of proper audio test equipment, and were satisfied that there really is no audible difference.

My son worked at a stereo/TV chain back home for a number of years, and they knew why Monster cables cost so much: because they gave massive prizes, like Caribbean vacations, to their best in-store salespeople.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:35 pm

HelperGuy wrote:The sad truth is that cable is actually available all over the web for the true price of 500 smackers. I worked with a couple of guys once who did sound-systems for celebrities (names like Chris Tucker and Carol Burnett), and we went over the whole "cable quality" thing. They bought good basic stuff, but never the high-end overpriced cables. They had arrays of proper audio test equipment, and were satisfied that there really is no audible difference.

My son worked at a stereo/TV chain back home for a number of years, and they knew why Monster cables cost so much: because they gave massive prizes, like Caribbean vacations, to their best in-store salespeople.
Problem is some ears are better instruments than some instruments. Hard to measure this stuff. I agree best bang per buck is the way to buy cables. I bought my 12/2 by the spool from Liberty cable and even got my name put on it LOL. I don't think I can hear well enough anymore to play the cable
game but when young I passed some pretty scary double blind tests and could pick out some of the different CD players but so many of them were
awful it was much easier than it is now.  I don't even want to talk about digital cables. Could never figure out why they sounded different but they do
sometimes. It makes no sense when you consider error correction and such. It just tells me we really don't understand all about digital like we think
we do.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:18 pm

I had a customer in GA that made kits for high power audio kits for cars.  All the cables had a distinctive color so that you knew that it was their product.

They bought white cable from Belden and painted it their color in a dip bath.  Then they printed their name every foot or so on my equipment.  They did put gold plated connectors on the ends of the cables.

They built kits.  If you had a 2000 Chevy, they had all the wiring necessary to wire up the power and speakers and they were expensive.

Their engineer told me that he couldn't see or hear and difference but he got a paycheck every week so he didn't care. 

I saw some kits in an audio store for $165 that probably had $30 worth of parts in them.  Kept my paycheck coming also so I was all for it....

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:10 am

I have some solid flat Silver twin lead 14 gauge cable for sale LOL. Actually it is only silver
coated but it is flat so it goes under rugs and such. I got it as a sample when I was involved
in a high end home audio/video dealer. Well I really don't want to sell it but I probably
should to some tweak down here but I would feel guilty. It doesn't sound any better than
Liberty cable 12/2 OFC which is cheap and like you say you can get your name on it which
is pretty cool! Spent many an hour playing with this stuff and still do somewhat.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:29 am

CHILLIN wrote:You guys aren't getting it - it is the reviews that are hilarious there. All the ubergeeks trying to outdo each other explaining the magical effects of this cable and its influence on the quantum field.

New sport on Amazon seems to be writing outrageous reviews of certain products, just to be entertaining. George Takei (one of the reviewers on the cables) has taken up the sport, and has posted several such comments. Click his name to read some of the others... so funny!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down