INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICE Now Tracking Wire Transfers to Mexico

5 posters

Go down

ICE Now Tracking Wire Transfers to Mexico Empty ICE Now Tracking Wire Transfers to Mexico

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:37 am

So far they've gotten data from Western Union and Maxi, but wonder if they will expand to other service companies used more frequently by expats.

https://tucson.com/news/state-and-regional/why-is-ice-tracking-millions-of-wire-transfers-to-mexico-critics-raise-questions/article_6a6f05c8-a0d8-11ec-86b4-97febf71fd64.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

ICE Now Tracking Wire Transfers to Mexico Empty Re: ICE Now Tracking Wire Transfers to Mexico

Post by Jreboll Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:46 am

Money laundering has been going for decades. I just heard that bit coin was another way of transferring being used. Expats will just have to keep up with working around ICE’s roadblocks.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

ICE Now Tracking Wire Transfers to Mexico Empty Re: ICE Now Tracking Wire Transfers to Mexico

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:54 am

As always, the honest people will be put through the wringer while the crooks will easily find ways around it.

I opened a bank account in Texas last year and had to lie through my teeth about addresses, phones, etc. and had to pretend I’m rich and travel a lot. It’s a joke.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:13 pm

Under the Patriot Act, a US citizen without a US residence cannot open a US bank account.  

However a Russian Oligarch (or any non-US citizen), CAN open a US bank account with proof of a US residence.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:40 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:Under the Patriot Act, a US citizen without a US residence cannot open a US bank account.  

However a Russian Oligarch (or any non-US citizen), CAN open a US bank account with proof of a US residence.

How ridiculous is that?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Lucky Girl and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:52 pm

I have a bank account in the U.S. that sends correspondence to my Mexican address. Never had a problem there.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:00 pm

gringal wrote:I have a bank account in the U.S. that sends correspondence to my Mexican address.  Never had a problem there.

Bank or Credit Union? All the CU's I belong to are ok with MX address but none of my banks are.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:48 pm

I even had to email the bank (Wells Fargo) and had to answer some security question with a password so then called them and the man who set up the account had NO access to any info on my account. It was like trying to break into Fort Knox.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:18 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:Under the Patriot Act, a US citizen without a US residence cannot open a US bank account.  

Yet the IRS considers anyone whose parent was a US citizen when they were born, even if they were born outside the US, have never set foot in the US, or held a US passport, to be a US citizen and taxed on their worldwide income.

Am I ever glad I left the US when I was 17, became a Canadian citizen and relinquished my US citizenship.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down