INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where not to move

+10
hockables
confused
MexicoPete
LaChula
Bob Bender
Flamingo
Lady Otter Latté
Zedinmexico
johninajijic
espíritu del lago
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where not to move - Page 2 Empty Re: Where not to move

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:09 pm

How about this: Live where you prefer.

And then let whomever cast judgment about your choice. Because you don't care what they think. Rolling Eyes

Does that work for everybody?

Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by confused Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:21 pm

hockables wrote:R there not any affluent Mexicans who are snobby and don't want to live in gated communities?

Ha. I don't know...... its just weird. I know lots of Expats that turn their noses up at the idea of living in a gated community. I know quite a few middle class Mexican families that would love to live in a gated Community. It does seem to be a very common housing style in Guadalajara, in the Zapopan area. Its we NOB people that seem to be judging each other all the time. A lot of immigrants go to Canada for economic reasons, and they often move into neighborhoods where there is a population from "home". Why is that so bad? Not everyone is confident and adventurous. Moving to another Country is a big step. Perhaps moving to a gated community is just a little easier for some people. It does not mean they don't want to live next to or know Mexicans.

I think the title of the post and the blog are just kind of over blown.

confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:00 am

Confused makes an excellent point. Can´t we just be happy with where we live and be happy for people who are happy somewhere else? Does where and how we live HAVE to be "better" than what other people prefer? Do other people have to be wrong about their choices so we can feel right?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:09 am

confused wrote:
hockables wrote:R there not any affluent Mexicans who are snobby and don't want to live in gated communities?

Ha. I don't know...... its just weird. I know lots of Expats that turn their noses up at the idea of living in a gated community. I know quite a few middle class Mexican families that would love to live in a gated Community. It does seem to be a very common housing style in Guadalajara, in the Zapopan area. Its we NOB people that seem to be judging each other all the time. A lot of immigrants go to Canada for economic reasons, and they often move into neighborhoods where there is a population from "home". Why is that so bad? Not everyone is confident and adventurous. Moving to another Country is a big step. Perhaps moving to a gated community is just a little easier for some people. It does not mean they don't want to live next to or know Mexicans.

I think the title of the post and the blog are just kind of over blown.

good answer... had me worried for a minute
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:12 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Confused makes an excellent point. Can´t we just be happy with where we live and be happy for people who are happy somewhere else? Does where and how we live HAVE to be "better" than what other people prefer? Do other people have to be wrong about their choices so we can feel right?

Good questions we all may want to ask.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:13 am

confused wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Our friends went to visit another friend and apparently we were not driving on
the proper 2 inches or something and a very grumpy man came out and bitched. BUT if you don't like it don't live there. Obviously the majority likes
the rules or they would be changed. I don't go there to work visit or do anything but if that's what the owners want hey go for it. Kinda reminds me
of dorm rules at a bad conservative southern Baptist school.

Z

except El Parque has some fabulous marguaritas at their weekly happy hour! If you ever get an invite, go. They have a really fun group of people who put on a party every Friday with food and cheap drinks so they can raise money to continue to improve the club house. I went to a couple of events there and I was impressed. Its actually a real party place, but the parties and coctails end early so the old folks can get their sleep.

However..... yeah.... No speeding and cars are supposed to move over for joggers and walkers that use the smooth walking path in the middle of the road. I got a polite talking to when I first visited there as well. Later, I rented a small house for a couple of weeks one summer. I had a great time and the old folks at the pool were nice to my visitors. I still have friends I met that first week.

It is not for everyone. It has a "Front Porch" design so, if you like interaction and you never want to be lonely..... its the place. Just very little privacy. Its a trade off. And

This is beyond polite talking. A fat Canadian hands on hips lecturing us like we were children. Put up a sign if the damn rule is so important that guests
need to know. I also know where I am not wanted. One can feel the energy. I have no arguments with different strokes for different folks but lecturing
guests rudely for a minor violation is wrong. Guests should be treated nicely not abused.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:59 am

Here we are discussing opinions of what people prefer Gated Communitie vs. Village or single homes on lots on a street anywhere in Ajijic and who lives in them, Americans, Canadians or Mexicans.

In our community we have 2 Mexicans out of 19 homes. We have about 6 snowbirds.

Most of the Gated communities I see being built here, there residents are Americans or Canadians either full time or part time (snowbirds). Some communities are built with lesser priced homes to draw snowbirds. There are many snowbirds in Birds of Paradise, Los Sabinos, etc.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by confused Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:05 am

This is beyond polite talking. A fat Canadian hands on hips lecturing us like we were children. Put up a sign if the damn rule is so important that guests
need to know. I also know where I am not wanted. One can feel the energy. I have no arguments with different strokes for different folks but lecturing
guests rudely for a minor violation is wrong. Guests should be treated nicely not abused.

Z[/quote]

Who ever that was, why assume they represent everyone in El Parque? What does it matter if they were Canadian or fat. Would you have accepted it better if a skinny American gave you the same scolding? You met a jerk. There are assholes living everywhere.......

...... example: A skinny American honking his horn at me when I stopped to let a Mexican family cross the street. This was in Chapala near the Legion. The dude lives near there. I still like Chapala and don't blame all the skinny Americans that live there.

confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2