INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where not to move

+10
hockables
confused
MexicoPete
LaChula
Bob Bender
Flamingo
Lady Otter Latté
Zedinmexico
johninajijic
espíritu del lago
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where not to move Empty Where not to move

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:16 am

Anyone even contemplating buying here is insane.. A comment found in one of the posts "Mexico begins outside the walls" I truly feel sorry for the innocent owners. Anyone considering moving into a gated community is nuts. This is a must read..

http://el-parque.blogspot.mx/2005/10/first-post.html?m=1
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Where not to move Empty Re: Where not to move

Post by johninajijic Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:41 am

espíritu del lago wrote:Anyone even contemplating buying here is insane.. A comment found in one of the posts "Mexico begins outside the walls" I truly feel sorry for the innocent owners. Anyone considering moving into a gated community is nuts. This is a must read..

First, you have insulted all those people who have bought in gated communities. They buy in these Communities for several reasons, one is security and another are well kept homes with balanced colors so homes do not lose value. In other words you can live in the village or any Fracc and have the nice well kept home, yet if a few people around you let their houses go to crap, your value decreases significantly.

Almost "everything" posted in this "old" article is TOTALLY UNTRUE and does not apply tp any Gated Community that I know of in Ajijic. I've been here 12 years, how long have you permanently lived here?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:47 am

So you did not go and read the whole blog. I suggest you read the whole blog and listen to the recordings of the meetings. Also you can read the article in Pagina sp.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:48 am

Our friends went to visit another friend and apparently we were not driving on
the proper 2 inches or something and a very grumpy man came out and bitched. BUT if you don't like it don't live there. Obviously the majority likes
the rules or they would be changed. I don't go there to work visit or do anything but if that's what the owners want hey go for it. Kinda reminds me
of dorm rules at a bad conservative southern Baptist school.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:00 am

Yikes! Living there would make me crazy. Okay, crazier.
But, some people like, want and need their lives and the lives of everyone around them to be THAT regulated. I guess.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:58 pm

I would point out that this was written in 2005. Good chance many of the rules have been rewritten. Anytime you move into a gated community or FRAC, you need to read the by-laws and rules first. Same is true NOB. Most associations have reasonable rules that benefit everyone but there are exceptions.

My former boss lived in a neighborhood where the HOA ruled how many bird feeders he could have in his backyard. His F-I-L built custom decorative bird house and feeders so he had half a dozen or more and was told he was attracting too many birds.

razberry
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Bender Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:10 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Yikes! Living there would make me crazy. Okay, crazier.
But, some people like, want and need their lives and the lives of everyone around them to be THAT regulated. I guess.

And some people buy in gated communities because they find a home that meets their requisites and don't necessarily like, want or need regulation. Economics plays a large role.

Bob Bender
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:15 pm

"And some people buy in gated communities because they find a home that meets their requisites and don't necessarily like, want or need regulation. Economics plays a large role." Bob Bender

In your opinion how do those people fair in that environment once they are actually living in it?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Flamingo wrote:I would point out that this was written in 2005. Good chance many of the rules have been rewritten. Anytime you move into a gated community or FRAC, you need to read the by-laws and rules first. Same is true NOB. Most associations have reasonable rules that benefit everyone but there are exceptions.

My former boss lived in a neighborhood where the HOA ruled how many bird feeders he could have in his backyard. His F-I-L built custom decorative bird house and feeders so he had half a dozen or more and was told he was attracting too many birds.

razberry

The original post was in2005.if you read to the end, the dates are current.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Flamingo wrote:I would point out that this was written in 2005. Good chance many of the rules have been rewritten. Anytime you move into a gated community or FRAC, you need to read the by-laws and rules first. Same is true NOB. Most associations have reasonable rules that benefit everyone but there are exceptions.

razberry

Every gated Community has its own set of By Laws and Rules. They are not made up by a few Board Members. They MUST be approved at an Extraordinary Meeting by 75% of the Homeowners.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:09 pm

John I have teased you a lot. I always did it with a smile. But I probably went overboard. I just couldn't help it when responding to your posts.

Please keep on posting once you head north. Oh and John, that last statement you just made might be so for your gated community, but not for mine Very Happy
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:51 pm

The original post was in2005.if you read to the end, the dates are current.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by confused Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:26 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:Anyone even contemplating buying here is insane.. A comment found in one of the posts "Mexico begins outside the walls" I truly feel sorry for the innocent owners. Anyone considering moving into a gated community is nuts. This is a must read..

You seem some what invested in promoting this blog. Why is that? Why do you care? I think the blog is full of silly and misleading info but does illustrate some of the problems in organizing and managing such a large complex. No matter how hard the non paid Board of Directors works, people will bitch and complain. What a thankless job. I would never want to do it.

Condo living is not a good place for people who do not like rules. There are many restrictions. The bylaws at El Parque are really very cookie cutter, in many respects. There are some that are unique to the development and others that are almost identical to templates found in the US and Canada.

There are over 100 homes in that development. Over 100 owners that all have their own ideas of what a home should look like, how late their neighbors should be able to party etc etc. You need rules, voted on in a democratic process, to keep the majority happy.

Clearly there are owners who are really upset and angry that they can not persuade the majority to their way of thinking and they have resorted to other methods in a attempt to be heard. Not working though. What is really sad is this small group of people are treated very badly, I am told. Their neighbors want them to leave and tell them so. I think that is wrong. People should be allowed to enjoy their home, even if they are "trouble makers" and part of a small minority of unhappy owners. They are entitled to their opinion as you are. Be happy you don't live there is that is the way you feel.

confused

Back to top Go down

Post by confused Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Our friends went to visit another friend and apparently we were not driving on
the proper 2 inches or something and a very grumpy man came out and bitched. BUT if you don't like it don't live there. Obviously the majority likes
the rules or they would be changed. I don't go there to work visit or do anything but if that's what the owners want hey go for it. Kinda reminds me
of dorm rules at a bad conservative southern Baptist school.

Z

except El Parque has some fabulous marguaritas at their weekly happy hour! If you ever get an invite, go. They have a really fun group of people who put on a party every Friday with food and cheap drinks so they can raise money to continue to improve the club house. I went to a couple of events there and I was impressed. Its actually a real party place, but the parties and coctails end early so the old folks can get their sleep.

However..... yeah.... No speeding and cars are supposed to move over for joggers and walkers that use the smooth walking path in the middle of the road. I got a polite talking to when I first visited there as well. Later, I rented a small house for a couple of weeks one summer. I had a great time and the old folks at the pool were nice to my visitors. I still have friends I met that first week.

It is not for everyone. It has a "Front Porch" design so, if you like interaction and you never want to be lonely..... its the place. Just very little privacy. Its a trade off. And

confused

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:00 pm

A friend has had a house there since "before it was built" and she could hear the toilet flushing in the next house.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:09 pm

I'm with The Texan on this one... I prefer my big ole house on the hill...
I can hang mah laundry on the wall and piss out the second storie window if'n I want to!!
Now thatz FREEDOM
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:10 pm

I was going to say you can hear your neighbor fart. I am amazed at the number of people moving to Mexico, that only consider their realtors opinion, i.e. the village.....over 150 realtor sales wanna bees that most are broke trying to supplement their income, or lack there of, trashing communities at Lakeside......promoting the highly gringo populated! I LMAO when I had a debate with a locked into gated community idiot....My final question was, if you want to live in a community with 100 % NOB residents, WTF did you move to Mexico? Just Askin?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:16 pm

I encountered a woman at a gathering who asked me where I lived in Chapala. When I told her, she sniffed, "Oh, I could never live THERE....too many Mexicans." Shocked
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Jim W wrote:I was going to say you can hear your neighbor fart. I am amazed at the number of people moving to Mexico, that only consider their realtors opinion, i.e. the village.....over 150 realtor sales wanna bees that most are broke trying to supplement their income, or lack there of, trashing communities at Lakeside......promoting the highly gringo populated! I LMAO when I had a debate with a locked into gated community idiot....My final question was, if you want to live in a community with 100 % NOB residents, WTF did you move to Mexico? Just Askin?

I have lived in Ajijic since 1995 and have always had mostly Mexican neighbors. I speak Spanish quite well and moved here because I WANTED to live in Mexico, not because of the climate and better cost of living. I, personally, would not be happy living in a gated community away from "them," and where the only Mexicans around are the workers.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:27 pm

I know someone who actually said, "It would be great here if there weren't so many Mexicans!"
Also, there are people who say, "WHy don't THEY speak English?" in the US when a foreigner speaks their native language, those same jerks say, "THIS IS AMERICA!!!, They have to learn English."

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by confused Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Well..... I don't know if you realize it but there are Mexican's who own homes in the gated communities. I live in a gated community and my neighbor is Mexican and the first person I met in El Parque, when I rented, was a Mexican lady. We are still friends.

Most of the people in El Parque, Birds and some of the other condo developments are snow birds. They have their "real" home in Canada or the US. The homes are inexpensive, great security, really wonderful pool.... this is true for Birds, Los Sobinos and El Parque. They are really great places to be for single older people as well. I have a friend, in El Parque, who fell and yelled for help. Neighbors heard and she had help immediately. She was glad she moved from her La Floresta home where it could have been days until she was found.

If I were younger and married, I would live in a more rural area. As an older woman alone, a gated community is great.

confused

Back to top Go down

Post by confused Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 pm

LaChula wrote:
Jim W wrote:I was going to say you can hear your neighbor fart. I am amazed at the number of people moving to Mexico, that only consider their realtors opinion, i.e. the village.....over 150 realtor sales wanna bees that most are broke trying to supplement their income, or lack there of, trashing communities at Lakeside......promoting the highly gringo populated! I LMAO when I had a debate with a locked into gated community idiot....My final question was, if you want to live in a community with 100 % NOB residents, WTF did you move to Mexico? Just Askin?

I have lived in Ajijic since 1995 and have always had mostly Mexican neighbors. I speak Spanish quite well and moved here because I WANTED to live in Mexico, not because of the climate and better cost of living. I, personally, would not be happy living in a gated community away from "them," and where the only Mexicans around are the workers.

There are many, many Mexicans who live in gated communities all over Mexico. They own beach homes in gated communities and they own condos. The Mexican neighbors, I mentioned, have a lot more money than I do. They own multiple homes.

Any Los Sobinos owners here? I guess what I am saying is that it seems many of the Americans and Canadians are snobby about not wanting to be in a gated community, yet it seems to look like a good idea to affluent Mexicans.

confused

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 pm

R there not any affluent Mexicans who are snobby and don't want to live in gated communities?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lilikoi Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:23 pm

I enter El Parque 3x a week to teach a Mexican woman English. All the people I have met there are very nice and friendly. I am not a gated community person. but I have lived in my share of condos NOB out of necessity. Never liked all those rules.....

I was surprised that I thought El Parque was nice because I really worried I'd have an attitude about it.

I can see why it would suit some folks. I prefer to live among the Mexicans where I am about the only gringa they see. Better for me.
lilikoi
lilikoi

Humor : Radical

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:09 pm

How about this: Live where you prefer.

And then let whomever cast judgment about your choice. Because you don't care what they think. Rolling Eyes

Does that work for everybody?
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next