INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does a Carta Responsiva need to be Notarized?

+4
Intercasa
CanuckBob
lunateak
lilikoi
8 posters

Go down

Does a Carta Responsiva need to be Notarized? Empty Does a Carta Responsiva need to be Notarized?

Post by lilikoi Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Selling my car this Sunday on a Carta Responsiva. Is filling out the paperwork and copying enough? Who gets the original? The buyer I imagine, and keep a copy for myself. Right. Needs a notary????

Any insight and experiences selling old junkers this way is appreciated. However it comes out I really don't give a rat's tail at this point. I'm pretty disgusted with the fact that, as a Temp Res worker, I can no longer use my vehicle to get to some of my jobs.

So, it's a very good time to leave the country. Don't care about deposit, nor what happens to an uncancelled TIP.
Kind of over it all I guess.

But still trying to do it right if i can. mama needs a drink......... Beer
lilikoi
lilikoi

Humor : Radical

Back to top Go down

Does a Carta Responsiva need to be Notarized? Empty Re: Does a Carta Responsiva need to be Notarized?

Post by lunateak Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:08 pm

"But still trying to do it right if i can."

If it's a foreign plated vehicle there is no "right" way to sell it in Mexico.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Does a Carta Responsiva need to be Notarized? Empty Re: Does a Carta Responsiva need to be Notarized?

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm

I didn't think there was anyway to relieve yourself of responsibility of a foreign plated vehicle if you leave it or sell it here. Now if you are leaving and never returning to Mexico then I guess it won't matter......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:30 pm

A notarized signature only makes the person accept that they signed such a letter but really they are indemnifying you and what do you think will happen when a plaintiff with a huge claim finds that your poor gardener cannot pay???
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:41 pm

So when will someone rent a large car hauler and start taking these foreign plated pieces of junk to the border, cause in most cases they ain't gonna make in on their own after spending 15 years @ Lakeside trashing their balljoints on the coble stone streets........just sayin Shit stirring
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:44 pm

.....And that brings us right back to my "Demolition Derby" for charity idea. I still want to stage this one.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Jim W wrote:So when will someone rent a large car hauler and start taking these foreign plated pieces of junk to the border, cause in most cases they ain't gonna make in on their own after spending 15 years @ Lakeside trashing their balljoints on the coble stone streets........just sayin Shit stirring

Who is going to pay to rent that car hauler to haul worthless cars?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:27 pm

The guy that wants to put on a Demolition Derby in Laredo? Or back to CB, Charity idea, don't need a car hauler if we do it in GDL.

playaboy, some people may want to get the car back to the border, remove their TIP, and be legal, depending on cost of course.
What might it cost, budgetarily, to ship a car to the border?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:23 pm

About 5 years ago my parents moved from Oaxaca to Los Angeles. They hired a professional car transporter to take the Mini Cooper north. It cost them $3500 US. The company drove the car to the border instead of putting on the hauler as contracted. The car got held up for over a month at US Customs before finally being delivered to LA. There were extra scratches to the paint too.

They never canceled their TIP. Being in their 80's they don't plan on coming back and didn't care.

I have talked to used car wholesalers about these kind of old cars. They won't pay anything for them. These old, beat up cars are only worth the tax deduction you can claim from donating them to a charity. I am taking another car north on Saturday and will look into some of these charities for people in this situation.

I will drive old cars to the border for people that want to keep being legal in the computers. All my expenses have to be covered and my fee.

None of this is an easy situation for anybody going Permanente.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:32 pm

i started another thread on here somewhere about used trucks to belize where they are worth more than junk in the us. my 88 ranger which looks like shit but is mechanically sound is worth between $2500-3000 usd i was told when i phoned a dealer there.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lilikoi Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:51 pm

So I guess it is Adios to Mexico permanently. I do not have the means to drive this car to the border. I'm selling it and I don't care what happens from there.

Color me stupid, but what Spencer said gave me no insight at all.

Most of the replies were pretty vague, but entertaining. I love the demolition derby idea. Hilarious.

The Mexican government can kiss my --------------- for all the people I taught English to while falling deeper and deeper into a hole.

I'm so out of here.
lilikoi
lilikoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Pedro wrote:i started another thread on here somewhere about used trucks to belize where they are worth more than junk in the us. my 88 ranger which looks like shit but is mechanically sound is worth between $2500-3000 usd i was told when i phoned a dealer there.

Pedro, How much would it cost you to make the trip to Belize, collect your money and return to Lakeside? NET NET NET ?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Jim W wrote:
Pedro wrote:i started another thread on here somewhere about used trucks to belize where they are worth more than junk in the us. my 88 ranger which looks like shit but is mechanically sound is worth between $2500-3000 usd i was told when i phoned a dealer there.

Pedro, How much would it cost you to make the trip to Belize, collect your money and return to Lakeside? NET NET NET ?

I lived 4 hours from Belize for 10 years and have many friends in Corozol. A couple of years ago I tried to sell my diesel pickup truck there. Even though I had interested buyers we couldn't get it imported. The only way to legally import the truck was to pay a 50% import tax and have export paperwork from the USA and Mexico. I didn't have the paperwork Customs wanted.

Your truck might be worth $2500 once imported. You could sell it in the Zona Libre but you won't get anywhere near that $2500. Check with Yucalandia, he sold a car in the Zona Libre.

It is a hard 1000 mile drive with the last 350 miles on 2 lane hwy with lots of topes. Belize isn't a viable option for the majority of folks needing to get rid of their old cars.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:10 pm

lilikoi wrote:So I guess it is Adios to Mexico permanently. I do not have the means to drive this car to the border. I'm selling it and I don't care what happens from there.

Color me stupid, but what Spencer said gave me no insight at all.

Most of the replies were pretty vague, but entertaining. I love the demolition derby idea. Hilarious.

The Mexican government can kiss my --------------- for all the people I taught English to while falling deeper and deeper into a hole.

I'm so out of here.

I think Spencer was trying to tell you that the document won't be worth the paper it is printed on, Notarized or not. At the end of the day you will still be liable for anything that happens in that car as you will always be the "importer on record" (albeit a temporary importer) as it was not nationalized. If you are never returning to Mexico then adios..........don't worry about it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lilikoi Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:42 pm

canucky , you are the man...
they said they are going to nationalize/legalize it. can these mexicans do that. the guy buying it is a lawyer from tonala.
lilikoi
lilikoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:45 pm

There are more options for some people (older car, US, Japan, or Canadian-made, and the owner must be intelligent). I will not post the option here because too many fail the third requirement. There are other options. Enough said.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lilikoi Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Ok. This is what I'm deducing. A car such as mine, 1996 Subaru, CAN be sold to a Mexican person on a Carta, and even though they may be able to nationalize it, it would always be traced back to my TIP.
So if ya never live in MX again, no biggy. The only TIP left anyway, it seems, is for the tourist visa.

Question:
Say I do come back to Mexico someday. Would the fact I never cancelled an old TIP intefere with buying a Mexican plated car?
lilikoi
lilikoi

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:31 am

I don't think they have computer systems tied between Aduna and the Motor Vehicle Branch that sophisticated YET. Your bigger concern if you ever return will be that the vehicle you left here wasn't involved in a serious accident and you are wanted for the liability on it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down