INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie Klestadt Injured

+5
ferret
oncesubtle
Pedro
slainte39
joyfull
9 posters

Go down

Charlie Klestadt Injured Empty Charlie Klestadt Injured

Post by joyfull Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:38 pm

This was posted on TOB........... Most everyone in Lakeside knows Charlie and his good work with Cruz Roja. Lets all send our positive thoughts and/or prayers.

"Posted Today, 01:39 PM
Late this morning, Sunday June 2nd. Charlie and a Mexican man were hit by a drunk driver, while driver was on his cell phone and swerving back and forth while trying to cross the street. The driver fled the scene, but the police caught him and he is now in jail!

Both Charlie and the Mexican man were taken to Cruz Roja (Dr. Sam on duty). The Mexican man is less seriously injured. Charlie has a broken pelvis in 2 places, a deep gash and severe head concussion and other minor scrapes. Dr. Sam was unable to see any internal bleeding in the head impact area, but an MRI in Guadalajara will tell what is occurring in greater detail. When I was there he was semi conscious and they were preparing the paper work and stabilizing him for immediate transport to a private hospital in Guadalajara where a trauma team is waiting as well as his regular doctor.

Ann is with him and will follow in her car. Personally don't believe the gravity of the situation has hit her yet. I mentioned to both of them that many at lakeside will be praying for them.

Above is all I know until I hear from Ann later this pm. We may need blood donors and I will let you know.
Norm Pifer"
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Charlie Klestadt Injured Empty Re: Charlie Klestadt Injured

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Joyfull....there are 16 posts in the crime report forum going on since 11am, if you want more update on this tragedy.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:00 pm

yes it was reported here first[when and where it happened] with ongoing info. i put it in the crime etc. forum because it's for members only who may actually know either or both victims

Last edited by Pedro on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Thanks Pedro...was so upset I didn't look there. We will be looking for the little car wash guy to give him a couple hundred pesos. We love Delicias and he always helps us or washes our car. Am very fond of him. This is all so sad.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:05 pm

He is one hard working guy, always there and always helpful. We're in and will match your gift Joyfull.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:27 pm

I am so embarrassed that I don't know his name even though we have shared a mutually respectful relationship whenever we go to Delicia's. Could someone please enlighten me? We, too, would like to help him out.
The other aspect of this disaster is getting donations to Cruz Roja while Charlie is on the mend. The man is EVERYWHERE during the week so he's a well known face to whom we donate and enjoy a chat with. Should we go directly to Cruz Roja to donate? or what? I want to be donating the money to an entity that will get it where it's supposed to go. I'm also sure that, knowing an alternative "Charlie" has been organized, the real Charlie will fret less.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:31 pm

ferret wrote:I am so embarrassed that I don't know his name even though we have shared a mutually respectful relationship whenever we go to Delicia's. Could someone please enlighten me? We, too, would like to help him out.
The other aspect of this disaster is getting donations to Cruz Roja while Charlie is on the mend. The man is EVERYWHERE during the week so he's a well known face to whom we donate and enjoy a chat with. Should we go directly to Cruz Roja to donate? or what? I want to be donating the money to an entity that will get it where it's supposed to go. I'm also sure that, knowing an alternative "Charlie" has been organized, the real Charlie will fret less.

Charlie has been taken to San Javiar Hospital in GDL.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Thank you Jim but that doesn't answer either one of my questions.
1) Actual name of "the car wash guy"
2) Where or to whom to donate money for Cruz Roja while Charlie is incapacitated.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:47 pm

ferret wrote:Thank you Jim but that doesn't answer either one of my questions.
2) Where or to whom to donate money for Cruz Roja while Charlie is incapacitated.
why don't you read the original thread?

Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:03 pm

There are multiple threads on both boards on this topic...so sorry I missed A post of yours Pedro.
The "car wash guy's" name is Manuel...thank you.
The other question remains unanswered. Charlie doesn't need donations personally, he has really good insurance according to another thread...I'm sure you can find it.
I'm talking about the donations that Charlie normally COLLECTS for Cruz Roja...who or where is the official place to do that now? The man is a collecting machine and it will leave a void in their operating budget due to his absence.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Charlie hasn't been collecting for many weeks now Ferret, He had eye surgery, and was really lookin forward to getting back at it.

Yes he does work his butt off for CR.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Jim W wrote:Charlie hasn't been collecting for many weeks now Ferret, He had eye surgery, and was really lookin forward to getting back at it.

Yes he does work his butt off for CR.
charlie has been going to delicias for weeks every sunday to collect and that is why he was probably there. i am sorry if i witnessed this a minute after they were hit, and dealt with some of it all day. i am done with it now. carry on ferret et al.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:24 pm

ferret wrote:There are multiple threads on both boards on this topic...so sorry I missed A post of yours Pedro.
The "car wash guy's" name is Manuel...thank you.
The other question remains unanswered. Charlie doesn't need donations personally, he has really good insurance according to another thread...I'm sure you can find it.
I'm talking about the donations that Charlie normally COLLECTS for Cruz Roja...who or where is the official place to do that now? The man is a collecting machine and it will leave a void in their operating budget due to his absence.

ferret, You can take the money to Cruz Roja in Chapala. When you enter there is a glass booth on the left. Hand the man the money thru the window, and he will give you a CR receipt for donation.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Thank you.
I also picked up this from TOB...
Young Mexican who was injured (bumps and bruises) may need a little financial help so if you would like to, place a few pesos in envelope indicating "Injured Mexican 6/2/2013" and drop off at Cruz Roja LCS table or Chapala clinic and we will get it to him.
So, I'm assuming that anyone can make a donation to Cruz Roja at the LCS table for either the young man (Manuel) or Cruz Roja. The LCS is closer to us than the Red Cross in Chapala.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:24 pm

The Cruz Roja Table would be an excellent alternative. THere is also a gentleman collecting for Cruz Roja at Super Lake on some days, I know on Tuesdays.

Thanks

Strong healing thoughts for Charlie
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:44 am

ferret wrote:Thank you Jim but that doesn't answer either one of my questions.

LCS has a Cruz Roja table and the LCS table would give it to Cruz Roja later if they are not around.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:11 pm

I went to LCS today...they accepted donations for both the Red Cross and had a separate envelope for donations for Manuel. On the envelope it states that Manuel is 50 years old...relatively young compared to most of us but it's probably still going to take a bit of time 'til he's back on his feet.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Rumor has it Manuel, the Mexican guy who was hit by the drunk who also sent Charlie to hospital is back at work, on crutches! Good grief, we'll stop by tomorrow morning to help him out and I hope others will too.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:34 pm

I would like to know if he has received the money that was collected at the LCS table for him.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:00 am

ferret wrote:I would like to know if he has received the money that was collected at the LCS table for him.

He will I promise.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:50 am

somebody has provided him with a brand new brace on his leg as well!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:59 am

ferret wrote:I went to LCS today...they accepted donations for both the Red Cross and had a separate envelope for donations for Manuel. On the envelope it states that Manuel is 50 years old...relatively young compared to most of us but it's probably still going to take a bit of time 'til he's back on his feet.

if you are a skinny 50 year old who has been injured many times[the femur on the same leg was broken,just a few months ago],including now, and must continue with physical labour for the rest of his life to eat and keep a roof over his head he ain't "relatively young".
are you really this far out of touch with reality ferret. or are you just plain insensitive?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down