INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purified Water Store in West Ajijic

+2
MexicoPete
hkrause
6 posters

Go down

Purified Water Store in West Ajijic Empty Purified Water Store in West Ajijic

Post by hkrause Sat May 25, 2013 11:39 am

There is a small storefront shop in West Ajijic, in the same shopping center as the Super Mini and Pacifico. It's next to a pool supply place, maybe called Aqua Technica. We thought it might be part of the same company since we don't see a name on it. Basically, you take empty water bottles there. They sterilize (?) the bottles and refill them with purified water, which has been through several processes (which are illustrated on the front of the shop). The price is very reasonable, compared to buying the water new at a store, and we prefer this to delivery since we can use smaller water containers, which are easier to handle.

They seem to be open intermittently, and haven't been open at all for the last couple of weeks. Was wondering if anybody knows anything about the shop, if it will reopen, and if there are others like it elsewhere in the area. We drove past a larger version of the same shop (could tell by the diagram on the front) someplace in Guad, but can't remember where it was and can't look it up since we don't know the name of the company. Maybe it's a chain? If anybody can provide info, would greatly appreciate it... we miss the convenience!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Purified Water Store in West Ajijic Empty Re: Purified Water Store in West Ajijic

Post by MexicoPete Sat May 25, 2013 12:05 pm

Yes it's one store that both purifies water and sells pool supplies. It is owned by a gentleman from Guadalajara. I too love the place. The prices are great

I'm up north, but ten days ago when I went there, CFE had turned their power off. If I understood correctly, there was a disagreement about how much was owed. I hope everything works out well for the business.

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Purified Water Store in West Ajijic Empty Re: Purified Water Store in West Ajijic

Post by juanrey Sat May 25, 2013 1:50 pm

I've been to the one you are talking about and it was 12 pesos per big jug. Which is reasonable.
The one I have been using for the past two years is DelCarmen, in Riberas, just west of the Telecable place lakeside.
Their jugs have been running me 13 pesos, so I have been happy.
I'll continue with Del Carmen as they have reliable hours and I can see their entire operation from the front door.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat May 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Del Carmen delivers, too, for 1 peso extra per garrafon (comes in very handy if you're sick at home). And the boss man happily hands out coupons: every 10th gets you a free refill.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 25, 2013 2:36 pm

I didn't know about Del Carmen! Awesome, thanks for this info. Agua Tecnica has been closed the last few times I've tried and I go to Katya in Chapala but it's inconvenient. Del Carmen will be perfect.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Sat May 25, 2013 3:39 pm

We also use Del Carmen in Riberas even though we live in West Ajijic. The place in W.Ajijic has been very unreliable as far as when they are open and twice their machine was out of service. We have. 3 jugs and refill when we have 2 empties.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat May 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Thanks, Juanrey. Will look for DelCarmen and take our bottles there to refill. Sounds like a similar system, and we're in Riberas often enough that's convenient.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down