INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retorno Seguro update

5 posters

Go down

Retorno Seguro update Empty Retorno Seguro update

Post by Intercasa Fri May 24, 2013 4:52 pm

So today we got 2 people their Retorno Seguro travel permits and 2 people were denied this week.

The denials were due to inane differences in some documents and a maiden name being on another document of a lady.

Both Zapopan and Guadalajara today, changed their rules. We are trying to roll with the punches. I did ask for a hearing with the guy in the legal department in Guadalajara today and we also did the same in Zapopan in the morning.

Zapopan wants original documents but I reminded them that they must accept notary certified copies and they conceded but now people living in Joco and Tuxcueca will pay a bit extra as we do not want to be carrying originals around for a few days so we will charge 250 pesos extra which will be paid to the notary to make certified copies.

Zapopan wants to inspect each vehicle. Guadalajara at first didn't then said they did then said they would send someone to Chapala but today told us that while they have vehicles, the government will not pay for the gasoline. Now they will do spot checks requiring vehicles to be presented on a random basis.

Guadalajara also really wants to check documents to see if they have jurisdiction to give the permit, if not they will reject it, while it seems each office may be hesitant to want to take on extra work, the rejection is formal and 2 pages long and requires reviewing the documents, the retorno permission is 3 pages long.

If people are rejected due to the local office declining jurisdiction to do the permission, people will have to do the permissions through the office in Mexico City and this will create planning problems as you will submit papers and they will return them to you within a few days but the mail will take 2 to 3 weeks to get here so one day the doorbell rings and then your 5 days starts.

Both offices are now asking for extra sets of documents, web page says 3 sets, they told us 2 and we would make 3 so SAT had copy, us and client, now SAT wants 2 sets.

Things change weekly. It is just like immigration with abrupt changes although we hope to see some method to this madness and see patterns. Please be patient as it will be dicey the next few weeks as we learn what they want and they figure out their end.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Retorno Seguro update Empty Re: Retorno Seguro update

Post by Intercasa Wed May 29, 2013 7:29 pm

So, had another Retorno Seguro rejected today. 2 wasted trips to Guadalajara. Why? Oh the vehicle owner is Canadian and we didn't present the title or factura. WRONG, Canadians do not have facturas to prove ownership like Mexico nor these pretty title documents like the US, they only have an insurance statement if from BC or a registration if from other provinces. So I asked for a hearing and the head guy agrees BUT we need to get a letter from the Canadian Consulate in Mexico stating that Canada doesn't issue titles and these aforementioned documents act as the title, even if expired and that the consulate doesn't renew vehicle docs.

It is a hassle but we are paving the way and teaching the Mexican authorities about Canadian documents to prevent any future issues for all Canadians whether we handle their case or someone else does.

I will post what happens but if the consulate is reluctant to issue a general letter explaining things I may need all of you to contact them so that Canadians will not have their requests rejected and be trapped in Mexico with their vehicles. My girlfriend is an attorney for the administrator of the World Trade Center towers and tomorrow morning she will present a written request to the consulate as it is in the towers (I just finished the request and hope to get a proper response soon) and then hopefully I will have it by lunch time to present to the SAT office.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed May 29, 2013 7:43 pm

So the required documents Canadians needed to get a TIP in the first place are no longer good enough for SAT to issue a Returno Seguro?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed May 29, 2013 8:00 pm

YES! Strange but true as they are different offices and the local offices are not used to this volume of requests nor the variety of documents being presented from various states and provinces.

I had a hearing with the guy that authorizes the permits and hope to get a document from the Canadian consulate so that this will no longer be a problem.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu May 30, 2013 2:12 pm

The Canadian consulate is awesome and is super attentive and has given us a response and offered to speak to the Mexican tax office. It makes me wish I was Canadian!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu May 30, 2013 3:18 pm

all the provinces and territories in canada issue a REGISTRATION DOCUMENT. none of these other documents from other countries exist in canada. the registration matches your license plate and has all the info about the vehicle on it[vin,etc.].
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 30, 2013 8:07 pm

Intercasa wrote:The Canadian consulate is awesome and is super attentive and has given us a response and offered to speak to the Mexican tax office. It makes me wish I was Canadian!

Well if you keep up the hard work maybe in 15 or 20 years we will grant you honorary Canadian citizenship...........maybe.

Jajajajaja.

Retorno Seguro update 411125
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Thu May 30, 2013 8:39 pm

A fine Canadian you would make Spencer! "Free" healthcare from birth to death and inbetween! I hope you like skiing, ice skating and hockey!

I hope all this is solved by the time we return early in July so we can nationalize our 1991 Ford Ranger camioneta at the border or airport.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down