INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TEST ME

+3
MexicoPete
Smartalex
espíritu del lago
7 posters

Go down

TEST ME Empty TEST ME

Post by espíritu del lago Sat May 11, 2013 5:30 pm

https://panopticlick.eff.org/

See what identifying info your browser reveals.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

TEST ME Empty Re: TEST ME

Post by Smartalex Sat May 11, 2013 5:35 pm

I would check this out before pushing the button. Just saying....
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat May 11, 2013 7:32 pm

It is a reputable source I tested no prob. There is some very good info for internet users.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat May 11, 2013 7:37 pm

I did click on the link. The page opened and showed much non important stuff about my software to include a very long list about all of the fonts I could use. It mentioned one of my browsers as my browser. It was not the one I usually run.

A security program I'm running on this laptop popped up on the screen warning me that this program wanted to have access to additional info. I followed the security program's advice and did not allow this program to get any personal information.

So, yes, I took a risk. And luckily my anti malware, anti virus etc software warned me and suggested I not allow this program to go any further. I chose that option, so not that much was shown.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat May 11, 2013 7:48 pm

http://lifehacker.com/5458513/panopticlick-shows-how-easy-your-browser-is-to-track

Panopticlick Shows How Easy Your Browser Is to Track:

Copied from Life hacker

You've disabled cookies and opened a private browsing window, so you're confident nobody can see what you're visiting on the web. The Electronic Frontier Foundation begs to differ, and their Panopticlick webapp will show you how track-able you really are.

No matter what reason you might have to disguise your web path from a site owner, IT administrator, or other snoopy type, they can see where you've been; the EFF's Panopticon tool is an eye-opening look at how identifiable you really are online. Using a Chromium build on Linux, for example, means that you're traveling the web with a certain set of installed fonts, usable plugins, and browser identifications, and from a particular time zone and operating system. Put it all together, and if you were wondering whether SuperPanMegaCorp could tell whether you hit two of their different sites, well—yeah, they probably can guess it's you.

Now that you're sufficiently reminded of the web's voyeuristic capabilities, you can read up on the theories and tech behind Panopticlick at the EFF's explainer. If there are other aspects of browsing that you wish more browsers were aware of, tell us about it in the comments.

It is legit. called my super geek said same..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat May 11, 2013 7:50 pm

https://www.eff.org/about

Read about the company and their mission.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Sat May 11, 2013 10:33 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:If you really want to get creative, take the seized drugs back to the country of origin and resell them to undercut the growers price. Puts the growers out of business.

This is about the stupidest thing I've ever seen on one of these boards. How long do you think you would last if you started to hurt the cartels business?

Basta
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon May 13, 2013 9:18 am

Pretty funny that this site tries to run an unidentified Java program after a few seconds. Any site that purports to be showing you your vulnerabilities should be a little more explanatory before that happens.

From their basic page, I see no identifying information that is any different or helpful to anyone else. Add-ons are never hidden, and having them or not makes no difference it you get hit by an exploit. Listing your system fonts is just silly.

But interesting, espiritu.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Mon May 13, 2013 1:15 pm

papa chango wrote:
espíritu del lago wrote:If you really want to get creative, take the seized drugs back to the country of origin and resell them to undercut the growers price. Puts the growers out of business.

This is about the stupidest thing I've ever seen on one of these boards. How long do you think you would last if you started to hurt the cartels business?

:35:

It's pretty much in line with all of his posts.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon May 13, 2013 2:42 pm

This is tech section be nice folks or I will start deleting which I don't want to do.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down