INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendation for Customized Leather Shop Tlaquepaque

+2
CheenaGringo
MyHomeSweetHome
6 posters

Go down

Recommendation for Customized Leather Shop Tlaquepaque Empty Recommendation for Customized Leather Shop Tlaquepaque

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:31 am

Looking for a customized leather shop in Tlaquepaque? Turn around time? Having purses made.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for Customized Leather Shop Tlaquepaque Empty Re: Recommendation for Customized Leather Shop Tlaquepaque

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:54 am

While there are a number of excellent leather shops on Independencia in Tlaquepaque, I would recommend starting with Leo's Piel (Independencia #150). Kathy has been shopping there for over 10 years and I would bet they have produced 100's of purse designs in hat period. They are the type that if they could get what you wanted produced, they would give you a referral to someone who could. Leo's oldest son runs the operation, is a very pleasant guy and he does speak decent English.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://jimenezpiel.com/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dleo%2527s%2BPiel%2Btlaquepaque,%2Bmexico%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DXKU%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for Customized Leather Shop Tlaquepaque Empty Re: Recommendation for Customized Leather Shop Tlaquepaque

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Leo and his son are excellent. Purses, jackets, whatever. And Leo is a great guy who will insist you take a dram of the fine tequila from his little barrel on display.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:49 pm

Thank you sooooo much! I called, will be sending pics right now, get a quote & turn around time from the comfort of home. If all is set, we'll go in, pick out the leather, give our 1/2 down deposit, and he said 15-20 days tops!

Very Happy

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Super! I am thinking you you made contact with the oldest son since Leo is now in his late 80's or early 90's and pretty much fully retired. Please tell him that Kathy from Albuquerque referred you as she is one customer he never forgets. Once you do business with them, you will always be greated by your first name. They have their own shop/manufacturing facility in Leon and a local repair shop somewhere in the local area. All of their products come with a lifetime warranty and any necessary repairs have been timely and free.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:58 pm

leo made my custom riding pants based on an old pair of levis of mine. it took him 6 months to get natural tanned leather,which seems to be really harder to get then dyed product for some reason.i had given up, but leo called and asked if i still wanted my pants. came to my house with a black prototype and had me sit on the moto to make sure of the length.. then brought the finished product to mi casa. i cant give these guys enough cudos for a job over and above. they are calf skin but look like deer hide. someone buy them black ones-i'm sure they will be a good price.
$3300 pesos for mine.
leo is not much older than me and his father lives in ajijic and that's why he came to my house,neil.
when i get around to it,i will post the pic. the people at the last swarm got to see them,in any event.

Last edited by Pedro on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:58 pm

after everything I've been through with the guy in Ajijic, I may just take that shot of fine tequila even though I don't drink lolololol

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Sent out my email for a quote, can hardly wait...worse than a kid at Christmas...I mentioned both of your names & the forum, thank you again.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lilikoi Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:57 pm

good for you, myhomesweethome,,,, glad things are going to work out for you. that other scene was obviously getting OBscene.
lilikoi
lilikoi

Humor : Radical

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:28 pm

there is nothing wrong with the guy in ajijic if you know how to deal with him. he is not dishonest.
i never gave anyone permission to use my name as a reference and i resent that implicitly, myhomesweethome. don't do it again. gracias
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Wed May 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Thanks again Neil and Kathy from Albuquerque, for your recommendation. Since you're known for your taste for quality, I'm sure their work will also be quality.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed May 01, 2013 6:53 pm

I am sure the recommendation from Neil and Kathy will mean a lot to him. It is always good to use the names of people who are good customers and probably a joy to work with when starting out with a new vendor. Do let us know how things go.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down