INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know where I might get some patent leather mens shoes Lakeside?

+3
gringomojado
David
Clueless
7 posters

Go down

Anyone know where I might get some patent leather mens shoes Lakeside? Empty Anyone know where I might get some patent leather mens shoes Lakeside?

Post by Clueless Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where I might get some patent leather mens shoes Lakeside? Empty Re: Anyone know where I might get some patent leather mens shoes Lakeside?

Post by David Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:05 pm

What size do you need?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where I might get some patent leather mens shoes Lakeside? Empty Re: Anyone know where I might get some patent leather mens shoes Lakeside?

Post by gringomojado Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:34 pm

Not even in WalFart,gotta go to the tux rental or shoe shops in GDL

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:04 am

All I can say is WTF!!!!

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:48 am

Clueless, could you post a photo of your feet? That might help us.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesehead Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:32 am

I took a pair of size 9s to Mia's a while back. I'd check there.
Cheesehead
Cheesehead

Humor : Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Clueless wrote:Thanks.

US 7 1/2
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:58 pm

Cheesehead wrote:I took a pair of size 9s to Mia's a while back.  I'd check there.

Just called Mia's; was told they have only one pair, size 9 Anyone know where I might get some patent leather mens shoes Lakeside? 851398

Tnx
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Depending on how long you need to wear the  shoes you could always make do with size 9 by wearing a heavy sock, then put your dress sock on over the heavy sock and then stuff the toe with newspaper.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:44 pm

It could come to that.

I don't remember how to give a spit-shine as when I was in the Army.

One time, and this is true, I forgot my black shoes and only had tennies.

I took a pair of black socks and fitted them over the tennies, and apparently no one, other than my g/f knew about it.

I went to two rental shops and they didn't have any shoes.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:20 pm

Clueless wrote:It could come to that.

I don't remember how to give a spit-shine as when I was in the Army.

One time, and this is true, I forgot my black shoes and only had tennies.

I took a pair of black socks and fitted them over the tennies, and apparently no one, other than my g/f knew about it.

I went to two rental shops and they didn't have any shoes.

gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:27 pm

Buy paste wax polish, set polish on fire, wet dryer sheet cloth, cotton balls or micro cloth with water, dip in melted, fire extinguished polish apply polish and rub in in small circles then wipe with clean section of cloth (wax on/wax off) repeat many times until leather pores are filled (ten paciencia) and patent appearance is achieved .

Quicker to use banana oil or Amway spray floor wax, but hard on leather, and gets yellow with the banana oil and cracks after heavy amway applications

Go to a lustrador in plaza and ask for "espejo especial"

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesehead Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:33 am

If you get the ones I gave to Mia's, they don't need any shine ... worn one time for about 4 hours. And I'd say they are a small 9.
Cheesehead
Cheesehead

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:33 pm

gringomojado wrote:Buy paste wax polish, set polish on fire, wet dryer sheet cloth, cotton balls or micro cloth with water, dip in melted, fire extinguished polish apply polish and rub in in small circles then wipe with clean section of cloth (wax on/wax off) repeat many times until leather pores are filled (ten paciencia) and patent appearance is achieved .

Quicker to use banana oil or Amway spray floor wax, but hard on leather, and gets yellow with the banana oil and cracks after heavy amway applications

Go to a lustrador in plaza and ask for "espejo especial"

gm

First, I found out even 20-year old shoe polish burns; and I mean REALLY BURNS.

When the Bomberos left, I was more careful. but then I found I made the assumption that the shoes were leather; I'm guessing cat, goat or whatever. After an hour of "wax on - Wax off" they looked quarter way decent.

Haven't tried them on yet.

I'm wondering what some high-gloss spar varnish would do.

If all else fails, I may look at the small size 9.

Thanks (I think). Very Happy
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesehead Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:05 am

What have ya got to lose? I suspect they're dirt cheap.

Cheesehead
Cheesehead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down