INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invitation. Only bi-lingual Toastmasters club in Mexico (right by Superlake)

+4
Zedinmexico
CheenaGringo
viajero
Talosian
8 posters

Go down

Invitation. Only bi-lingual Toastmasters club in Mexico (right by Superlake) Empty Invitation. Only bi-lingual Toastmasters club in Mexico (right by Superlake)

Post by Talosian Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Invitation. Only bi-lingual Toastmasters club in Mexico (right by Superlake) 2l8w9yp
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

Invitation. Only bi-lingual Toastmasters club in Mexico (right by Superlake) Empty Re: Invitation. Only bi-lingual Toastmasters club in Mexico (right by Superlake)

Post by viajero Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:40 pm

Will you be speaking?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Invitation. Only bi-lingual Toastmasters club in Mexico (right by Superlake) Empty Re: Invitation. Only bi-lingual Toastmasters club in Mexico (right by Superlake)

Post by Talosian Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:41 pm

viajero wrote:Will you be speaking?

Everyone get a chance to speak either a 2-minute Table Topic or 5-7 minute prepared talk.

Very supportive group and it sure helps build confidence if it's lacking for either public speaking or just coming out of being maybe a little shy.

Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:02 pm

And those are worries at your age?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:22 am

Actually Toastmasters helped many of my friends with public speaking. It gives
you confidence in speaking which is very valuable.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:33 am

Do they educate people on how to keep their mouths shut and actually listen to what someone else has to say?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:06 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Do they educate people on how to keep their mouths shut and actually listen to what someone else has to say?

Yes they do it is called manners. Leave it alone you don't know what you are talking about.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 am

Chatted today with some fellows at Peacock Garden who mentioned this. That wasn't you, by chance?

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:09 am

Nope not me. Just knew some folks who used it to get over there fear of public
speaking.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:06 am

Public speaking fear is the most powerful fear, worst than the fear of death.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:09 am

Except, for some, when you're hiding behind a name on a webboard...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:11 am

you mean like you?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:14 am

Wasn't referring to you, Brigitte. They know who they are. My name is Mike Riley and I have never hidden that.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:20 am

I know you were not referring to me but most people do not put their real name on the internet so that covers a lot of ground. I also know your name but I thought it was funny for someone called Helper Guy to say that people did not use thier real name.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:56 am

HelperGuy wrote:Wasn't referring to you, Brigitte. They know who they are. My name is Mike Riley and I have never hidden that.

So you "outed" yourself...good on ya. Now I'll have to go turn of CNN and see what they have to say about you. Was there another name before "Mike Riley"? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:13 am

Mike the Great.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down