INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scotiabank

+6
Zedinmexico
borderreiver
CanuckBob
Frijoles
georgetoo
Pedro
10 posters

Go down

scotiabank Empty scotiabank

Post by Pedro Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:00 pm

wow! i called the 416 tranna number to cancel a cheque and guess what. i got rerouted to their new call centre in mexico city.
i am so glad that we went with scotia before we moved for many reasons and now here is another one.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

scotiabank Empty Re: scotiabank

Post by georgetoo Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Yesterday I called Bright Star, a cable provider for my NOB home Ocala Fl.
Call center in Monterrey....so who knew..

georgetoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Frijoles Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:37 pm

So, what are the other benefits of using Scotiabank? Thanks.
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:43 pm

No ATM charges when using the Scotia ATM's here in Mexico.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:21 pm

Just a note. The Scotia ATM on the carretera is a Scotia ATM, however the service is provided by a 3rd party, check ur statement. I'm sure lots of banks contract out their ATM services, makes $ sense, but it does give rise to some responsibility questions. I would not suggest using that ATM twice in the same day. The second time u may be sol as I have observed the frustration of some folks. Love Scotia.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:03 pm

borderreiver wrote:Just a note. The Scotia ATM on the carretera is a Scotia ATM, however the service is provided by a 3rd party, check ur statement. I'm sure lots of banks contract out their ATM services, makes $ sense, but it does give rise to some responsibility questions. I would not suggest using that ATM twice in the same day. The second time u may be sol as I have observed the frustration of some folks. Love Scotia.

I do two withdraws in a row when I need to and have had no problems using BOA card at the Dominos Scotia ATM.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:45 pm

borderreiver wrote:Just a note. The Scotia ATM on the carretera is a Scotia ATM, however the service is provided by a 3rd party, check ur statement. I'm sure lots of banks contract out their ATM services, makes $ sense, but it does give rise to some responsibility questions. I would not suggest using that ATM twice in the same day. The second time u may be sol as I have observed the frustration of some folks. Love Scotia.

Nope, that ATM is pure Scotia according to the Scotia people in Canada. That is what they told me last time I had a problem there.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:00 pm

No ATM charges using Western Bank of Casa Grande, AZ., write checks up to $4000.00 @ Intercam...no fee.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:15 am

CanuckBob wrote:

Nope, that ATM is pure Scotia according to the Scotia people in Canada. That is what they told me last time I had a problem there.

CB you are correct. Do as many withdrawals a as you want.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:30 am

i have taken both our cards there and used them for a total of 4 times. and i just remembered that i used mine 3 times in a row once. the people that had trouble probably reached their max withdrawal limit. that is something you set with your scotia branch yourself. i believe you can also do this by calling the 800# on the back of your card.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:29 am

Yep, I have also used this machine several times per day with both cards. If it cancels the transaction it usually means you have hit your daily or weekly limit OR the machine is out of money. I have only had a problem there once where the machine shorted me 3000 pesos. It took 45 days to get the money deposited back into my account as Scotia Canada was waiting for Scotia Mexico to provide some information.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Only ATM we use.
Can use same card multiple times, like Pedro says, up to your limit. We've used the same card as many as 3 times in one day.
When we had a shortage (just one time) they made a provisional credit to our account until their audit was complete, at which time they made it permanent.
No chance of machine eating your card.
Great ATM
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:24 pm

I, the Dawg, pay no fees when using a Scotiabank ATM machine or the ATM machines of any other bank here in Mexico or anywhere in the world as my U.S. bank refunds any fees charged by any bank or any other entity charging me fees for the use of their ATM machines whether at a stand alone ATM such as that operated by Scotiabank next to Dominos Pizza in Ajijic or at numerous ATM machines utilized by my wife and me all over Mexico in Guatemala or Honduras or anywhere in France. I will bet I can find a machine I can use without a fee even in the frozen tundra as long as I have the time for the horse drawn sleigh to re supply the cash available coming in from Montreal if they are not snowed in en route.

No need to deal with some hayseed Canadian bank using only their machines to avoid the fees. Such a myopic view of the world of banking.

Choose the right bank before moving here or just shut up and pay the fees.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:31 pm

hound dog wrote:I, the Dawg, pay no fees when using a Scotiabank ATM machine or the ATM machines of any other bank here in Mexico or anywhere in the world as my U.S. bank refunds any fees charged by any bank or any other entity charging me fees for the use of their ATM machines whether at a stand alone ATM such as that operated by Scotiabank next to Dominos Pizza in Ajijic or at numerous ATM machines utilized by my wife and me all over Mexico in Guatemala or Honduras or anywhere in France. I will bet I can find a machine I can use without a fee even in the frozen tundra as long as I have the time for the horse drawn sleigh to re supply the cash available coming in from Montreal if they are not snowed in en route.

No need to deal with some hayseed Canadian bank using only their machines to avoid the fees. Such a myopic view of the world of banking.

Choose the right bank before moving here or just shut up and pay the fees.
as a former bank employee[i can't bring myself to call someone a "banker" unless they at least reached the lofty heights of vice president of something], you should know that scotia bank is far larger than any piddley assed bank you were ever employed by. by the way,we used our scotia visa at a cambio in habana, cuba, which would have rejected any of your cards, chumley-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down