INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexico, Canada Brawl At World Baseball Classic

+4
Smartalex
Pedro
ferret
espíritu del lago
8 posters

Go down

Mexico, Canada Brawl At World Baseball Classic Empty Mexico, Canada Brawl At World Baseball Classic

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:13 am

PHOENIX – A massive brawl between Canada and Mexico broke out in the ninth inning of their World Baseball Classic game Saturday afternoon after Canada's bunt for a hit with a six-run lead prompted a retaliatory hit-by-pitch.
Dozens of punches were thrown, players were strewn about the ground at Chase Field and umpires needed nearly five minutes to separate the teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mexico--canada-get-into-ninth-inning-brawl-in-wbc--233806949.html

Tradition and code of the game say you don't bunt with a commanding lead in the end of the game. If you do, you will lose respect and risk a ball in the chin. Basta
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Mexico, Canada Brawl At World Baseball Classic Empty Re: Mexico, Canada Brawl At World Baseball Classic

Post by ferret Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:26 am

Yes, tradition and code state that but, the rules in this tournament were such that the MOST runs were necessary.
There were no signs of rancor until Canada catcher Chris Robinson bunted for a hit with a 9-3 lead in the top of the ninth, a debatable breach of baseball etiquette since run differential matters in tournament pool play
"What happened tonight is because of the rules they have," Whitt said, blaming the fracas on run differential. Canada (1-1) wanted to score as many runs as possible, in case of a three-way tie with the U.S. and Mexico that would be broken by which team had the greatest differential in games among the three.

Ridiculous rules for tournament pool play that should be changed to better reflect the normal rules of baseball. Embarrassing for both countries.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Mexico, Canada Brawl At World Baseball Classic Empty Re: Mexico, Canada Brawl At World Baseball Classic

Post by Pedro Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:30 am

espíritu del lago wrote:
Tradition and code of the game say you don't bunt with a commanding lead in the end of the game. If you do, you will lose respect and risk a ball in the chin. Basta
Wrong. In a tournament like this,total points are also crucial and not just baseball by the way.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:32 am

To paraphrase Rodney Dangerfield: "I went to the ballpark the other night...and a hockey game broke out on the field."
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:14 pm

The announcers didn't have any problem with the bunt, in fact they commented on what a great game that hitter was playing. They did make comments about how it appeared the Mexican pitcher was looking to hit that next batter. Best 10 minutes of baseball I have seen in a long time.........jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:47 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The announcers didn't have any problem with the bunt, in fact they commented on what a great game that hitter was playing. They did make comments about how it appeared the Mexican pitcher was looking to hit that next batter. Best 10 minutes of baseball I have seen in a long time.........jajaja.

If he hadn't drilled him, he wouldn't pitch for Mexico again and he knew it.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:56 pm

I have no problem with it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:00 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The announcers didn't have any problem with the bunt, in fact they commented on what a great game that hitter was playing. They did make comments about how it appeared the Mexican pitcher was looking to hit that next batter. Best 10 minutes of baseball I have seen in a long time.........jajaja.
Usually Mexicans and Canadians play well together. It must have been the air in Az. that made them go nuts!
The pitcher was only following the instructions of the catcher, who moved over almost behind the batter on each one of those pitches. He was a ringer, because I saw him several months ago outside the Glendale Arena carrying a hockey bag and when I talked to him and asked him what part of Mexico he was from he said and I quote: "I was born right here and my family has been here for 300 years. Why do you newcomers insist on racially profiling me-eh!"
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:20 pm

The nationality eligibility rules are pretty loose. Italy is a good example. If your great-great grandfather's next door neighbor came from one of the eligible countries you qualified.

USA is smoking Canada, no ringers.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Not sure, but I think I spotted Big Daddy in the Team Canada dugout.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:Not sure, but I think I spotted Big Daddy in the Team Canada dugout.

That's an insult to the Canadian baseball team. Those guys worked hard to get where they are and be successful.

P.S. I know it was said jokingly.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:59 pm

melwhitlock wrote:
The pitcher was only following the instructions of the catcher, who moved over almost behind the batter on each one of those pitches. He was a ringer, because I saw him several months ago outside the Glendale Arena carrying a hockey bag and when I talked to him and asked him what part of Mexico he was from he said and I quote: "I was born right here and my family has been here for 300 years. Why do you newcomers insist on racially profiling me-eh!"

Both the pitcher and the catcher were born in Mexico. So who is the ringer?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:11 pm

seisdedos wrote:
melwhitlock wrote:

Both the pitcher and the catcher were born in Mexico. So who is the ringer?
Read what I said again, which I may or may not, have said jokingly/jockingly.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Or you may be just full of shit.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:00 am

seisdedos wrote:The USA is smoking Canada, no ringers.

Jaja........Canada should have just brawled with them instead.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:56 am

CanuckBob wrote:
seisdedos wrote:The USA is smoking Canada, no ringers.

Jaja........Canada should have just brawled with them instead.
Why,just to be doubly humiliated?Jaja..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Are you insinuating the Mexicans double humiliated themselves by starting a brawl with Canada?????
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down