INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem looking for a Suggested Solution

+2
Jim W
CheenaGringo
6 posters

Go down

Problem looking for a Suggested Solution Empty Problem looking for a Suggested Solution

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:00 pm

During our last two trips to Mexico, we been negatively affected by some terrible hotel beds that made for horrible night's sleep and made for bad moods. I had a thought about starting to carry self inflating foam pads that roll up into a compact pack when not being used, such as:
[img]Problem looking for a Suggested Solution Pad10[/img][img][/img]
I would have to believe that others have run into this problem and have come up with alternative solutions?

For the future, there is a simple solution - don't stay there again but we would like a solution to at the very least get a decent nights sleep when we make an unknown reservation in a new city/town. Even though I prefer a firm mattress, ones made from chunks of marmol just don't fit the bill!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Problem looking for a Suggested Solution Empty Re: Problem looking for a Suggested Solution

Post by Jim W Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Neil, not to mention the base under mattress is concrete! I take the spendy memory pads whereever I travel in MX, better safe than sorry! @ Agua Milpa the beds are so hard, I can't roll over without pain! CB takes an inflateable, and a hand pump! Sadly, doesn't work when travel is by air.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Problem looking for a Suggested Solution Empty Re: Problem looking for a Suggested Solution

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Jim:

In the interest of assuring a decent night's sleep, I am willing to pay extra to get these pads which can be rolled up into a compact package. We formerly had a place where we could store "special Mexico travel items" in between trips but we got kicked to the curb for paticipating on this forum comprised of: "moral midgets". We now have a new storage place where we don't risk being kicked to thje curb. Items such as these pads and a good travel coffeee maker go a long way to making travel pleasant!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:25 pm

I had an air mattress that self inflated several years ago. It is long lost since the move to Mexico, but it did help. Schlepping the twin sized memory foam pad was better but space impracticable.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPito Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:22 pm

A sheepskin mattress pad will make any bed comfortable, as well as warm when it's too cold or cool when it's too hot. Pricey but worth it.

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:58 pm

So, any good sources for these items NOB, and NNOB ? I would assume any good camping supply outlet would have them. Any personal experience ?
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 am

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=camping+pad+self+inflating&sprefix=camping+pad%2Caps%2C435

The above link is a fairly good start as to what is available. I am looking at pads in the 48" length as they would provide some comfort for ones shoulders to hips. One such model rolls into a sack 4" x 21"and easily fit in my suitcase for initial transport.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:36 am

Seen any in Mexico? Where?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPito Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:38 am

Here is a 78" X 24" camping pad that rolls up - about US$20.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-417259068-colchon-colchoneta-compacto-bajo-sleeping-para-campismo-_JM

Here is a sheepskin that is 72" X 44" for about US$120:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-414830213-tapete-de-piel-de-cordero-y-lana-natural-envio-gratis-_JM

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Neil, I don't know how big they might be, but should fit in a small sports bag, and qualify as carry on, under seat. Probably have to leave AK47 home though....LOL....they would extend to 72".
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Very true Jim. After this last trip, I have learned my lesson when flying Volaris. They give you the opportunity to purchase extra baggage (above their allowed 33lb checked bag and a 22lb carry on) at very reasonable rate when booking tickets. Once the tickets are booked, they offer another opportunity at a much higher rate as long as you do it 48 hours before the flight and then if you wait till you get to the counter, it costs you and arm and a leg! I figure a 48"pad would be enough to provide padding for shoulders to hips and my legs & feet don't much care how hard the bed is.

Sooner or later, we should develop a list of hotels across Mexico with good beds and won't need the pads for emergencies. Either that or refuse to accept rooms until we have checked out the beds!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Neil, at our age, comfort is of max importance, and extra $50.00 usd, for better sleep....7 days...PRICELESS! It's not going to weigh much....2 pounds max! Buy or try out what is most comfortable.....go for it!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down