INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good example of a Brain Study:

+3
Eldergeek
Zedinmexico
Parker
7 posters

Go down

Good example of a Brain Study:  Empty Good example of a Brain Study:

Post by Parker Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:17 am

For those that think the presentation is more important than the message.

Good example of a Brain Study: </SPAN>

If you can read this OUT LOUD you have a strong mind.

And better than that: Alzheimer's is a long, long, ways down the road before it ever gets anywhere near you.

To my "selected"
strange-minded friends:

If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to your friends and the person that sent it to you with 'yes' in the subject line. Only very good minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!

7H15 M3554G3

53RV35 7O PR0V3

H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N

D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!

1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!

1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG

17 WA5 H4RD BU7

N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3

Y0UR M1ND 1S

R34D1NG 17

4U70M471C4LLY

W17H 0U7 3V3N

7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,

B3 PROUD! 0NLY

C3R741N P30PL3 C4N

R3AD 7H15.

PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F

U C4N R34D 7H15.

If you can read this, you have a strangemind, too.Only 55 people out of 100 can.
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseaethe huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed this forwrad it

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Good example of a Brain Study:  Empty Re: Good example of a Brain Study:

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:48 am

Here is another one. Delay your hearing into your ears and try to read something out loud . You can't. It turns you into an idiot. It is called Delayed audio feedback and my father did much research into this as he was was a behavior psychologist. I remember in the 60s sitting in a sound proof room with my father trying to develop the equipment to delay the sound to my ears. The trick was to ignore your voice which not all folks can do. After that he sent me home and got a student to continue the work develping the experiment as I was useless as a test subject. You can beat it by saying one word at a time with a pause but I did
it so much I could read by ignoring my own voice. You can use a computer or a three head tape recorder to delay your voice and give it a try. Lots more information on D.A.F. on the internet but I couldn't find my fathers study which was disappointing but it was a long time ago.

Actually if you are one of the 55 out of 100 who can read the base post above you do not have a strange mind but a normal one. The folks who can't read it are the strange mind as they are in the minority assuming this is a peer reviewed stuff and the data holds up under statistical analysis.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldergeek Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:10 am

Before I retired, we had a similar thing come through our office. Curiously, a native Russian speaker in our office had no trouble reading it.
Eldergeek
Eldergeek

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:20 am

I am French and I have no problem reading it but I would think that if you were just a beginner you could not read. it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:54 am

Parker,that was easier to read and understand than some of your posts. Very Happy

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:15 am

viajero wrote:Parker,that was easier to read and understand than some of your posts. Very Happy

You got that right. I had no problem reading it, however read three languages so that may be why.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:51 pm

Everyone did note that the majority can read this (55%) so it’s not all that much of a brain teaser but fun none the less.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:08 pm

I proofread medical dictations. The only way to do it is to run the cursor word per word. The most common mistake is dropped words and if you just read and listen to the tape, your mind will "see" the word even if it is not there.

I can proof a page and have no idea what was said because I proof like reading a dictionary, just a series of words. If I want to know what was said, I have to go back and read it again.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down