INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.coursera.org

4 posters

Go down

www.coursera.org Empty www.coursera.org

Post by solajijic Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:00 pm

My brain is atrophying and I need some mental exercise. These courses were recommended to me by my eldest. I have signed up for several over the next 6 months. The first, Intro to Philosophy begins late January. It seemed like an easy introduction to studying and thinking again...anyone else interested in taking it, no cost, and discussion between sessions? PM me. Thanks.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

www.coursera.org Empty Re: www.coursera.org

Post by Trailrunner Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks for this, Solajijic! Let us know how it goes when you start using it, I see 2 medical courses I'd like to take.

One of the only things I miss about the states is my neighborhood community college. This just might fix that!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

www.coursera.org Empty Making a Good Brain Great

Post by Kiri Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:33 am

FYI:A club in the Chapala area devoted to the game of Table Tennis. We meet every Monday / Wednesday / Friday at HOTEL DANZA DEL SOL between the hours of 2:30 to 4:30. New members are welcome to join and play. http://groups.yahoo....leTennisChapala

Why? In a recent study, Clinical neuroscientist and psychiatrist Dr. Daniel Amen argues in his book, "Making a Good Brain Great", that playing table tennis can increase brain activity. In his book, Amen calls table tennis the best brain sport. It improves hand-eye coordination. It's aerobic, uses both upper and lower body and causes you to use many different areas of the brain to function. In an article entitled, "Stupidity and the brain", Dr. Amen says, "Golf is good. Tennis is terrific. Table tennis is the best sport in the world!" So if you're a child, adult, or senior, looking for something fun and extremely healthy for your body and brain, take up table tennis. - http://www.lanetable...4_Benefits.html
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:45 am

Thanks for the info. Some interesting classes that my husband might like. I'll pass this on to him.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down