INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aduana car Import Duties

3 posters

Go down

Aduana car Import Duties Empty Aduana car Import Duties

Post by papa chango Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:32 pm

I went online and found an official website for calculating the fees that Aduana wants to import my car into Mexico. It shows  total fees of 3712.19 pesos or at today's exchange rate 295 USD.

Of course, this does not include fees for the facilitator service.

Link to the Mexican Govt's Official VIN Checker to get Import Duties : 

http://paisano.prevalidadorcaaarem.org.mx/Cotizador/

Does anyone know a respectable facilitator that could accomplish importing a car into Mexico? Or does anyone have any personal experience in getting their car imported by themselves?

mariachi
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Aduana car Import Duties Empty Re: Aduana car Import Duties

Post by Gamina Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:24 pm

From the amount of the fees you are quoting, it seems you are asking about temporary importation of your car. In which case you don't need a facilitator. If you are asking about nationalizing your US plated car and putting Mexican plates on it, that price sounds really good. If your facilitator doesn't charge too much, you will be getting a good deal. If seems that around here people are saying it's at least $2000US.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:17 pm

There are a few parts. While $300US is possible, gas and tolls both ways may run you another $600US or more plus hotel for a few days?? Also the plates in Jalisco another $3,000 pesos and this is doing it yourself.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:37 pm

I contacted TioCorp for a quote on getting my car nationalized in Mexico. I discovered that they do not do it but that they have a customs broker in Guadalajara that they needed to forward my quote request to. TioCorp responded and informed me that it would take a few days to get a quote. If they are using a customs broker in Guadalajara then perhaps a trip to take the car to the border is not necessary.

I read somewhere that if you do hire a person to take the car up to the border to get it nationalized that you must sign a power of attorney. I don't like that idea at all.

I know a local Mexican that has bought US plated cars and got them nationalized in Mexico. I have not asked for details yet but I suspect that it may not be legal and may involve mordida.

So unless I find a local person who can get this done for me legally, I may have to drive the car up to the border and try and do it myself. Again I ask has anyone else done this by themselves?

Smokealot

papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down