INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simapa bill

+7
MexicoPete
solajijic
E-raq
joec
hound dog
Jim W
CanuckBob
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Simapa bill Empty Simapa bill

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:03 am

Can someone tell me where to pay the Simapa bill in Ajijic?

Gracias
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Simapa bill Empty Re: Simapa bill

Post by Jim W Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 am

I think you pay it in Chapala, same building you pay your property taxes.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 am

You pay your Ajijic water bill one street down toward the lake from the Farmacia Guadalajara on the carretera. Walk down the street adjacent to the pharmacy one block and turn left. Walk about about a half block and it will be on your left up some stairs.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 am

Thanks Mr. Dawg. I thought it was close by.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:11 am

CanuckBob wrote:Thanks Mr. Dawg. I thought it was close by.

Our bill stayed the same this year as last year as the year before. Must be the only thing that doesn't increase a lot in Mexico.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Joec writes:

Our bill stayed the same this year as last year as the year before. Must be the only thing that doesn't increase a lot in Mexico.[/quote]

Ours went up but not by that much. I must say, municipal water is damned expensive in Ajijic compared to any other place we have ever lived in California or France. We pay about the equivalent of $40USD a month for water here and much less in Chiapas. Admittedly, we have a large garden and a swimming pool but that is still a lot of money for the water we use as we are very conservative in its usage. We thought of going on metered water but are afraid to try it as who knows what Pandora´s (unreclosable) Box that would open. I can say that I have reviewed the last annual bill paid by the previous owner of this property from whom we bought it in 2001 and in those 12 years, the annual cost of water on this property at least, has gone up over 400%.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:00 pm

hound dog wrote:Joec writes:

Our bill stayed the same this year as last year as the year before. Must be the only thing that doesn't increase a lot in Mexico.

Ours went up but not by that much. I must say, municipal water is damned expensive in Ajijic compared to any other place we have ever lived in California or France. We pay about the equivalent of $40USD a month for water here and much less in Chiapas. Admittedly, we have a large garden and a swimming pool but that is still a lot of money for the water we use as we are very conservative in its usage. We thought of going on metered water but are afraid to try it as who knows what Pandora´s (unreclosable) Box that would open. I can say that I have reviewed the last annual bill paid by the previous owner of this property from whom we bought it in 2001 and in those 12 years, the annual cost of water on this property at least, has gone up over 400%. [/quote]

Geebus, I know one couple in Ajijic who pay 8,000 pesos a year. Don't go bitchin' about $40.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:16 pm

E Raq - Could be, but what size is their property, # of bathrooms and size of pool? Not me compaining at 5,540 pesos ($ 445 a year), but mine is higher than others here, but I don't care. Ten years ago I paid $ 375. USD for our house in MA.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:24 pm

E-raq wrote:

Ours went up but not by that much. I must say, municipal water is damned expensive in Ajijic compared to any other place we have ever lived in California or France. We pay about the equivalent of $40USD a month for water here and much less in Chiapas. Admittedly, we have a large garden and a swimming pool but that is still a lot of money for the water we use as we are very conservative in its usage. We thought of going on metered water but are afraid to try it as who knows what Pandora´s (unreclosable) Box that would open. I can say that I have reviewed the last annual bill paid by the previous owner of this property from whom we bought it in 2001 and in those 12 years, the annual cost of water on this property at least, has gone up over 400%.

Geebus, I know one couple in Ajijic who pay 8,000 pesos a year. Don't go bitchin' about $40. [/quote]

Thank you for pointing that our E-Raq. The water bills in our neighborhood seem to make no sense. We have a neighbor whose property is no larger than ours, also with a similarly sized swimming pool and that neighbor´s water bill is over $9,000 Pesos a year versus our $4,900 Pesos year for no rational reason that we can figure out. Meanwhile, who knows what the huge mansions on the lakefront are paying. Because of the Alice In The Looking Glass nature of Mexico, we are reluctant to put in a water meter as is our option even though we only live here half the year because who knows what might happen. We have heard horror stories of what happened to some who metered their water usage and, subsequently, incurred huge bills. The key to avoiding trouble in Mexico regarding many things seems to be to lay low.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Dawg we paid over $8000 pesos for every year we were on the street. We even had them out 3 times, 2007, 2009, 2011 to measure and recalculate as we covered up grass with patio and stone. We pointed out the lack of use of one entire wing of the house with a bath in it. There was never an adjustment down. We did that because we had friends with similar lots all over the area who were half or more than our bill. No figuring it out.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:42 pm

[quote="solajijic"]Dawg we paid over $8000 pesos for every year we were on the street. We even had them out 3 times, 2007, 2009, 2011 to measure and recalculate as we covered up grass with patio and stone. We pointed out the lack of use of one entire wing of the house with a bath in it. There was never an adjustment down. We did that because we had friends with similar lots all over the area who were half or more than our bill. No figuring it out.[/quote]

Yes, solajijc, yours was the property I was referring to and I miscalculated at over $9,000 Pesos but over $8,000 Pesos was outrageous enough when we were paying about $4,800 Pesos a year and felt we were being overcharged. I did not recall that you had challenged them but it did no good. That´s why we are afraid of the solution of a water meter. I guess we all save so much money in so many ways over places like California, it´s worth it living here.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:48 pm

You guys are lucky. I live at the edge of town where I could afford a larger lot, 3/4 of an acre. My water bill for 2012 was $17,263 pesos for an average of about $115 US per month.

Just to bore the shoot out of you, I consumed 1,712 cubic meters last year or an average of 143 cubic meters per month which is slightly less than 38,000 gallons per month, most, of course. was used to irrigate the garden.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:54 pm

hound dog wrote:
E-raq wrote:

Geebus, I know one couple in Ajijic who pay 8,000 pesos a year. Don't go bitchin' about $40.

Thank you for pointing that our E-Raq. The water bills in our neighborhood seem to make no sense. We have a neighbor whose property is no larger than ours, also with a similarly sized swimming pool and that neighbor´s water bill is over $9,000 Pesos a year versus our $4,900 Pesos year for no rational reason that we can figure out. Meanwhile, who knows what the huge mansions on the lakefront are paying. Because of the Alice In The Looking Glass nature of Mexico, we are reluctant to put in a water meter as is our option even though we only live here half the year because who knows what might happen. We have heard horror stories of what happened to some who metered their water usage and, subsequently, incurred huge bills. The key to avoiding trouble in Mexico regarding many things seems to be to lay low. [/quote]

No kidding about layin' low. We're practically hermits out here. Of course, as you know we live is a less than desirable neighborhood. Usually we just associate with the Ajijic people, who have great sympathy for our plight, but do like our cooking, so sometimes can be persuaded to visit.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:12 pm

No kidding about layin' low. We're practically hermits out here. Of course, as you know we live is a less than desirable neighborhood. Usually we just associate with the Ajijic people, who have great sympathy for our plight, but do like our cooking, so sometimes can be persuaded to visit. [/quote]

Dawg has been living with my dawgs for a few weeks now but when Brigitte gets back from Tuxtla Gutierrez tomorrow on Vivaerobus after a sojourn in Chiapas, perhaps we could pursuade Joe and John to fix us up a fine J&J Pizza in a truly high-class neighborhood. We know they don´t drink nor tolerate imbeciles but we´ll bring the wine pretend to be intelligent.

It really is too bad, E-Raq, that you lacked the discernment to buy property down here with potential for future appreciation but those street names like "Jimmy Connors Avenue" probably blinded you to the true valuable properties just a few kilometeres east where the "real people" live.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:17 pm

hound dog wrote:No kidding about layin' low. We're practically hermits out here. Of course, as you know we live is a less than desirable neighborhood. Usually we just associate with the Ajijic people, who have great sympathy for our plight, but do like our cooking, so sometimes can be persuaded to visit.

Dawg has been living with my dawgs for a few weeks now but when Brigitte gets back from Tuxtla Gutierrez tomorrow on Vivaerobus after a sojourn in Chiapas, perhaps we could pursuade Joe and John to fix us up a fine J&J Pizza in a truly high-class neighborhood. We know they don´t drink nor tolerate imbeciles but we´ll bring the wine pretend to be intelligent.

It really is too bad, E-Raq, that you lacked the discernment to buy property down here with potential for future appreciation but those street names like "Jimmy Connors Avenue" probably blinded you to the true valuable properties just a few kilometeres east where the "real people" live.[/quote]

Nope, the house blinded us to the real potential. As you may have forgotten our first choice was that lovely home in Las salvias. Loved the place. However with a moving truck full of furniture freshly unloaed into the dump, soon to become a beautiful swan we were trapped. That's what can happen when you deal with unscrupulous realtors, who shall remain nameless because they threatened to bust our kneecaps or worse. Fargin bastages.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:17 pm

[quote="MexicoPete"]You guys are lucky. I live at the edge of town where I could afford a larger lot, 3/4 of an acre. My water bill for 2012 was $17,263 pesos for an average of about $115 US per month.

Just to bore the shoot out of you, I consumed 1,712 cubic meters last year or an average of 143 cubic meters per month which is slightly less than 38,000 gallons per month, most, of course. was used to irrigate the garden.[/quote]

So, Pete. Obviously you are telling us your property water usage is metered. Ours is not. Apples and oranges. What´s your take on this? Should we get a meter of just accept things the way they are?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:00 pm

I don't know if metering is good for me, because I didn't keep records.

Second. All I know is that once they started measuring my water usage, I started using much less water and really began to economize. And about a year ago there were between 600 and 650 homes with meters in the Chapala municipality which of course includes San Antonio, Ajijic etc. So they would be smart to force all of us to pay by usage.

Why did I get the meter? Well someone from Simapa came to my house which was under construction and said I had to have one. That may not have been true because when he went to get the money for the meter from my property manager and she questioned why I was getting a meter, and he said because I asked him for the meter. (No I did not want the meter)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Anyone knows if water flow meters are available in Guadalajara?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:20 pm

brigitte wrote:Anyone knows if water flow meters are available in Guadalajara?

Water is Like Sex & Air... you hardly even think about.... till it's all gone Shocked
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:47 pm

hockables wrote:
brigitte wrote:Anyone knows if water flow meters are available in Guadalajara?

Water is Like Sex & Air... you hardly even think about.... till it's all gone Shocked

It's like this Hocks,we get so much of everything. Drinking eating sex etc. Once you've used your portion all up, it's game over for that particular item. Just Saying Beer .
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 pm

If you know how much you consume you can cut back and know how much you are cutting back.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:06 pm

If you do get a meter, get one that's made of brass. The plastic water meters are pieces of shit.
Now, you MAY be opening a can of worms but I really agree with Brigitte's last post. We knew how much water we consumed from having a meter in San Miguel for nine years (yes, I had all the bills)...that's why we chose to have a meter installed in San Pancho and made allowances for the fact that we now had a pool.
You will end up being very conscious of the water you consume and will probably end up hunting for leaks. If your water is pressurized, be very aware that a tiny 1/16th of an inch hole in a copper pipe, will lose 1,000 litres every eight hours.
Best of luck with your choice. IMHO, it's better to be part of the solution to save water than be the cause of wasting it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 pm

Just had another thought. If you do not want to outright change to a water meter on the street because it may cause you problems, you could install the water meter on your property away from prying eyes. It would give you the opportunity to see if your actual consumption will actually affect your bill positively or negatively.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:51 pm

ferret wrote:Just had another thought. If you do not want to outright change to a water meter on the street because it may cause you problems, you could install the water meter on your property away from prying eyes. It would give you the opportunity to see if your actual consumption will actually affect your bill positively or negatively.

And finally someone makes a statement of common sense, Thank You

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:51 am

ferret wrote:If you do get a meter, get one that's made of brass. The plastic water meters are pieces of shit.
Now, you MAY be opening a can of worms but I really agree with Brigitte's last post. We knew how much water we consumed from having a meter in San Miguel for nine years (yes, I had all the bills)...that's why we chose to have a meter installed in San Pancho and made allowances for the fact that we now had a pool.
You will end up being very conscious of the water you consume and will probably end up hunting for leaks. If your water is pressurized, be very aware that a tiny 1/16th of an inch hole in a copper pipe, will lose 1,000 litres every eight hours.
Best of luck with your choice. IMHO, it's better to be part of the solution to save water than be the cause of wasting it.

Another way to tell if you have a leak is if your pressure pump continually kicks on/off for no apparent reason.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next