INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telmex Internet Speed

+10
joec
ferret
Jim W
tictoc
ComputerGuy
Axixic
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
MexicoPete
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Telmex Internet Speed Empty Telmex Internet Speed

Post by MexicoPete Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:39 pm

Telmex Infinitum has three packages and perhaps 2 years ago they promised to upgrade their speeds. I have the middle ($599) package. They promised a while back to raise the package speed from up to 2 megs down by, I think, up to 0.384 megs up and I was regularly getting about 85% thereof. For more than 18 months they have been bragging that for the same price we would get up to 5 megs down by and I'm guessing here, 0.768 megs down. Well last May the finally upgraded me to on the average of what is shown below:

Telmex Internet Speed 2476973937

and when I went into the modem, I would see downloads speeds entered of 6.016 on another day 6.017 and today at about 5.9 megs. It's like they go in and change the speeds every day. And they're not at the promised up to speed of 5 but higher ensuring that I get the 5Mb's down.

I guess I'm one of the lucky few who is getting about what was promised, something that has never happened to me before last May. Oh I live maybe 1.2 Km from the Telmex office where I guess and it's only a guess my DSLAM card is.

Would others like to share their speed test results?
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Telmex Internet Speed Empty Re: Telmex Internet Speed

Post by MexicoPete Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:52 pm

To see the three packages offered by Telmex go to the below link.

packages

EDIT: Today when I entered my Modem I saw up/down set at 761/5.987
Weird.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:49 am

MexicoPete wrote:Telmex Infinitum has three packages and perhaps 2 years ago they promised to upgrade their speeds. I have the middle ($599) package. They promised a while back to raise the package speed from up to 2 megs down by, I think, up to 0.384 megs up and I was regularly getting about 85% thereof. For more than 18 months they have been bragging that for the same price we would get up to 5 megs down by and I'm guessing here, 0.768 megs down. Well last May the finally upgraded me to on the average of what is shown below:

Telmex Internet Speed 2476973937

and when I went into the modem, I would see downloads speeds entered of 6.016 on another day 6.017 and today at about 5.9 megs. It's like they go in and change the speeds every day. And they're not at the promised up to speed of 5 but higher ensuring that I get the 5Mb's down.

I guess I'm one of the lucky few who is getting about what was promised, something that has never happened to me before last May. Oh I live maybe 1.2 Km from the Telmex office where I guess and it's only a guess my DSLAM card is.

5.05 and .62 with Telmex medium bundle. I get what I pay for and it never goes down in the rain ever. I won't ever touch it or try to upgrade.
Been this way for 1.5 yrs. This is at my house next to Ajijic plaza.

New Line at LCS 5.10 and .65. Old Line at LCS 3.00 and .30. Both lines are suppose to be 5 down package. We upgraded wifi to allow for all the
palmtops/tablets/laptops using skype and such. Slow line is on one of the slow Telmex boxes and we don't expect it to be fixed until .......well
we don't expect it to be fixed and we tried even had Telmex guys down. They obviously have a shortage of equipment and have to crank down
some folks to keep everyone going in certain neighborhoods lakeside.

Z

Last edited by Zedinmexico on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added LCS info)

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:02 am

Telmex Internet Speed 2478305815

Jajaja........this in Los Arroyo Sur with the $999 package. I guess it's time to downgrade.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:06 am

[img]Telmex Internet Speed Speed10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:22 am

Nice Neil, and it still says you are slower than 58% of the US.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:27 am

So am I! So I guess it fits?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:34 am

Although maybe they meant your Internet speed......jajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:42 am

Telmex Internet Speed 2478380128

Internet is included in my rent so I assume that I have the least expensive Infinitum package. All in all then, I can't complain about the speed but I sure do miss the 18 MB down speed I used to get from Rogers Cable.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:51 am

CanuckBob wrote:Telmex Internet Speed 2478305815Jajaja........this in Los Arroyo Sur with the $999 package. I guess it's time to downgrade.
I have a couple of customers in your 'hood; one is getting lousy service, too, (.75 down) but paying for the lowest level. The other seems to be fine. One mentioned they are upgrading the infrastructure there to fibre... ?

One tactic is to talk to TelMex in Mexico City (01-800-123-2222) and ask them to drop your rate without changing your speed, since you are only getting the speed of the lowest package. This has worked for a couple of folks, including me last year.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:24 am

I am actually moving out of here and into the village shortly so I am not really worried about it at this point.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 am

CanuckBob wrote:I am actually moving out of here and into the village shortly so I am not really worried about it at this point.
AAAh crap there goes the village...

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 am

MexicoPete wrote:

I don't think they are going in and changing your speed. I would tend to think it was changes in the cable feeding your house. Especially seeing how the plant looks down there. Heat, gauge of wire, resistance, distance, bridgtap are all factors in DSL speed. Any time one of them changes, you will see a change in you speed. Also I don't think their package if for 5mb bi-directional. Most phone companies don't offer their DSL this way. Some do have packages for businesses looking to have allot of uploaded content but they are pricey. One more thing, If Telmex is any thing like the phone companies in the states, their product is for "up too" not "at least". So if you pay for 5mb down, than you can expect to receive up too 5mb...

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:10 am

[url=Telmex Internet Speed 2522223994

So there you have it. My internet speed in the village with the $599 package is twice as fast as what we had in West Ajijic with the $999 package
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 am

Tictoc posted: "I don't think they are going in and changing your speed."

In my case that is what they did. When it was time to increase my $599 package speed to two. some years ago, one day the settings were set to about 2048 down by 384 up. They then promised to increase our speeds to up to (hasta) 5 megs down by something up. I went in and asked them to increase my speed, they knew me, and told me they couldn't raise everyone's speed, because they did not have sufficient bandwidth. But said that they would put me on a waiting list and upgrade me ASAP.

A person across the street who has the same infrastructure as I is still getting 2 meg and was told the faster speeds were not available in our area; yet once my settings were changed, I am getting the speed promised. Some others in the computer club in various parts of the village also had settings changed to the same settings. But most did not. So far only a small % here lakeside are getting the promised "up-to speeds.

Yet there are people closer to the DSLAM card on the same lines as I who have been told that they have to stay at 2 for various reasons, to include they are too far away etc.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:57 am

......ours sucks......D- in Chapala Haciendas.......599 package

Telmex Internet Speed 2522351631,

Smokealot

Just checked it again for giggles......Telmex Internet Speed 2522367286..talk about getting screwed, not getting kissed! Who does one complain to for correction?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:29 pm

CanuckBob wrote:[url=Telmex Internet Speed 2522223994

So there you have it. My internet speed in the village with the $599 package is twice as fast as what we had in West Ajijic with the $999 package

We're in West Ajijic but on the SOUTH side of the highway. We have the $999 package and our download speed is always between 600 kb/sec and 628 kb/sec.
Besides checking out rentals with our surge protector with the ground light notification, we also took our laptap and checked out internet speed.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Much of what is being posted here are sadly very much like the results of many of those who come to the LCS computer club. One guy who was paying $999 and getting less than 5 megs figured that he should simply change to the middle package ($599) where about 5 meg was correct. Well guess what happened?

Once he downgraded to the $599 package, the lowered his speeds. When he entered his modem he found out that they lowed his speed to I think 3 megs down.

Yes many clients are very mad with Telmex. I sure feel lucky to get what I'm paying for, for the first time in many years.
Telmex Internet Speed 2522910851 In fact here I am getting slightly better than 5.0 which is even better than promised.

But remember folks, about the best you are going to get is about 85% of what the modem says your speed will be. But there are all kinds of reasons why some of you have such slow speeds. And someone like helperguy, might discover that there is much you can do to increase you speed to closer to your set speed than what you are getting.

Jim W Your results are really bad. I just guessing that someone like helperguy could make things much better, much if not most of the time. As least I hope so.

Gosh your ping times seem even more out of line, which really makes me wonder.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:51 pm

I have been very happy with Lagunanet for 11 years. From the complaints I see about Telmex Prodigy I would have dumped them a long time ago. 599 pesos for what???

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 pm

We have been Lagunanet for the past 9 years, and while they may not be the fastest, they sure are the most reliable.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:51 pm

I to have Lagunanet. I've had them since the fall of 1997. When I go north which I used to more than 7 months per year and now closer to 4, Lagunanet doesn't charge me. Sadly, Prodigy does charge me.

Why do I have two ISPs? Because in the old days, it was a good idea. Today, I like the telephone package offered by Telmex, which also includes internet.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 pm

Sorry if I confused you. I meant that they were not going in every day changing you're speed. Yes they do throttle the speed and can/do make "up to" changes, just not the small changes like you were reporting.
MexicoPete wrote: Tictoc posted: "I don't think they are going in and changing your speed."

In my case that is what they did. When it was time to increase my $599 package speed to two. some years ago, one day the settings were set to about 2048 down by 384 up. They then promised to increase our speeds to up to (hasta) 5 megs down by something up. I went in and asked them to increase my speed, they knew me, and told me they couldn't raise everyone's speed, because they did not have sufficient bandwidth. But said that they would put me on a waiting list and upgrade me ASAP.

A person across the street who has the same infrastructure as I is still getting 2 meg and was told the faster speeds were not available in our area; yet once my settings were changed, I am getting the speed promised. Some others in the computer club in various parts of the village also had settings changed to the same settings. But most did not. So far only a small % here lakeside are getting the promised "up-to speeds.

Yet there are people closer to the DSLAM card on the same lines as I who have been told that they have to stay at 2 for various reasons, to include they are too far away etc.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Jim w - we are in Haciendas too - lower part - the oldest- I cannot upgrade to the $599, I am lucky to get any connections at all. Many calls to Mexico City, to be told they cannot offer an upgrade here. 1.4 on a rare, good day, usually .5 or lower. All the lines have to be upgraded to at least 1990's. They say they send in the reports to higher ups. Just keep complaining. I am surprised Telecable doesn't sweep in here and scoop all the dissatisfied customers.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:56 am

Chillin, send me a PM if you'd like to meet and approach the Frac office on this issue. Since this is the oldest frac @ lakeside, Telmex, should have plans to upgrade their outside plant to solve the problem. Possibly, we could get the office to submit some sort of petition, signed by the residents of our frac to Telmex. Certainly wout to try.

Jim W Smokealot
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:27 am

Is Telecable not available in that area?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next