INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet speed?

3 posters

Go down

Internet speed? Empty Internet speed?

Post by WillieRae Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:41 am

I'm getting between 2.1 and 2.67 on download and .49 to .88 upload...those are the highs & lows of several speed test sites.
I really am not tech savy so should I be calling Telmex about the speed? Or do I need a tech to clean up our laptop? Maybe a combination?
TIA for any quidance!

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Internet speed? Empty Re: Internet speed?

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:59 am

You can factory-reset your modem to see if that helps. Hold a pen tip or a paper clip in the little hole on the back until the lights flash. 5 or 6 minutes later, the Internet will be back on.

However, it sounds more like the malaise infecting lakeside sporadically all over right now, where many people's speeds have dropped to 2 or so. TelMex must be doing some heavy work at their server ends. They are extremely negligent in that they don't make plans to offload problems or switch systems while they work, so everyone suffers differently.

On the other hand, if your speed has always been that bad, it's probably the infrastructure in your 'hood. Call 800-123-2222 and ask for English help to see if anything can be offered.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:05 am

Or if your speed hasn't always been that bad, it may be as easy as buying a new Telmex modem from Mercado Libre.
Don't think for a minute that you're going to get a "new" modem from Telmex Ajijic... they just recycle modems that have been turned in without even checking to see if they work.
Mike the ComputerGuy can confirm if it's your modem that's the problem... he arrives with a back pack full of modems that are known to work.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:09 am

Thx all.

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down