INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swarm 13

+13
joyfull
Zedinmexico
frkshnwa
lunateak
Charliej
Jim W
hockables
slainte39
hkrause
CanuckBob
Axixic
hound dog
oncesubtle
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Swarm 13 Empty Swarm 13

Post by oncesubtle Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:23 pm

From a suggestion in the last swarm's thread by hkrause with follow up from Helperguy and CBob, lets do Mariscos Peter, Tuesday Jan 15th at noon. Here's the post:

"Don't know if it would qualify as "needy" but has anybody else been to Mariscos Peter? West end of the same building as La Huerta event center, west Ajijic, lake side of the carretera. We've been there several times and always had excellent food and good service. Seldom see other gringos there, so I wondered if they might be off the radar (and could benefit from an introduction to some new customers)? Great place for fried shrimp... very large with light crunchy coating. At least one of the waiters speaks some English, and we've seen a large group in there before, so there's room for a swarm. Even if we don't go as a group, I'd recommend it for individuals to try.

Heather"

Please do RSVP so we can give these folks the courtesy of a headcount the day before. Thanks!
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Swarm 13 Empty Re: Swarm 13

Post by hound dog Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 pm

What days and hours is Mariscos Peter open? Since it´s an open air place I have driven and walked by countless times, do they allow well-behaved pets to join their amigos while the amigos pig out on the shrimp?

No, Dawg shan´t be going to Mariscos Peter whilst The Swarm is there as I do not always relish dining amongst many others with whom I am not properly acquainted. While I have not bean there before, I shall try it whence I have an opportunity.

I don´t know what came over me. All of a sudden I felt the compelling need to sound like one of our northern brethren from the Frozen Tundra.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:41 pm

No, a Canadian would have known to say:"Which days and hours..." instead of the American: "What days and hours..."

Nice try though.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Count us in for two.

Guess you'll never get "acquainted" if you never come our eh Dawg!!!! Got yourself in a regular catch 22.

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm

[quote="Axixic"]No, a Canadian would have known to say:"Which days and hours..." instead of the American: "What days and hours..."

Nice try though.
[/quote]

Good try, Axixic. However, the first paragraph was written in American or, as my old Canadian boss used to say back in the 1980s, "United Statesism". Only the second paragraph was supposed to be written in the fossilized and archaic language of the Brits who gladly acquiesced to your departure as a colony without even engaging in a war. At least they fought for the United States because they knew that if they headed for Dawg´s Gulf Coastal Alabama (then part of the Mississippi Territory) , they would not freeze their asses off on the beach there and Brits are used to freezing their asses off on the beach so that is what they were trying to escape. The Scots were not as smart and tried to migrate from Scotia to Nova Scotia. A long, arduous journey with no ultimate purpose but at least their jackets came in handy when they got to their destination.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:05 pm

[quote="CanuckBob"]Count us in for two.

Guess you'll never get "acquainted" if you never come our eh Dawg!!!! Got yourself in a regular catch 22.

[/quote]

Well, since this is an open air venue where one can actually breathe, perhaps Mariscos Peter is a good place to get acquainted and also you can´t hide under the table the way you did when I was looking for you in that last place.

Tell me, wouldn´t one need to consume a large number of little bitty Marisco Peters to assuage any lingering hunger or is it the French Bread and wine that do the trick?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Since they're close to me, I'll try to stop in tomorrow and find out hours/days, and whether they allow Dawgs. Will get back to you with info. Will also be RSVP'ing a head count, but one for sure and maybe more.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Stopped by today - hours are 10:00 to 6:00'ish (sounds like they may stay open a little later if necessary). Closed Wednesdays. Yes, they allow mascotas.

Put me down for 1 person attending (hubby has Spanish class on Tuesdays, so he'll be otherwise occupied). We have company coming from out of town, but I don't know if they'll be interested... they were talking about doing a spa day on Tuesday. I'll let you know if they decide to come as well.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Can't make it - taking part in some trivia contest that afternoon.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Axixic wrote:Can't make it - taking part in some trivia contest that afternoon.

Well that is a trivial pursuit in lieu of a swarm. Shocked....demerits???

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:46 pm

Demerits if it's an unannounced happening at the Piano Rojo.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:54 pm

No...no...it's some charity event happening in Floresta. I got drafted because the "team" needed someone familiar with Canadian History (not that I am any kind of expert, except in comparison to the American members of the "team").

Win/Win as far as I am concerned - gets me out and mixing with other people which has, frankly, been a concern.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:59 pm

hound dog wrote:
Good try, Axixic. However, the first paragraph was written in American or, as my old Canadian boss used to say back in the 1980s, "United Statesism". Only the second paragraph was supposed to be written in the fossilized and archaic language of the Brits who gladly acquiesced to your departure as a colony without even engaging in a war. At least they fought for the United States because they knew that if they headed for Dawg´s Gulf Coastal Alabama (then part of the Mississippi Territory) , they would not freeze their asses off on the beach there and Brits are used to freezing their asses off on the beach so that is what they were trying to escape. The Scots were not as smart and tried to migrate from Scotia to Nova Scotia. A long, arduous journey with no ultimate purpose but at least their jackets came in handy when they got to their destination.

As Churchill observed: "America and Britain: two peoples separated by a common language."
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:44 am

Add two more for lunch... our house guests would like to come along. One has recently bought a house here and is down for a few weeks to get it setup, so she will be a neighbor soon.

See you there!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:36 pm

The Hoxx's will attend...save two places at the grown up's table
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Count Jim W in....one spot in the "Pig Pen"
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charliej Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Count me in for two.
Charliej
Charliej
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:59 am

Two more!
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by frkshnwa Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:36 pm

We won't be able to make it...we'll be in Tonala shopping all day. See you at the next one.
frkshnwa
frkshnwa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Ajijic, Jalisco & Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico (From Washington State)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 am

Two

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 am

Two for "The Ribera's" .....yes, that is our real name. Just one more good reason for moving here. Love to see our name all over the place razberry
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:18 am

lunateak wrote:Two more!

lunateak is back!!!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 am

SWARM 13 today..@ Mariscos Peter...I wonder what will be the hottest topic?Swarm 13 411125......SUICIDE DAWGS......not....Twisted Evil
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 am

Jim W wrote:SWARM 13 today..@ Mariscos Peter...I wonder what will be the hottest topic?Swarm 13 411125......SUICIDE DAWGS......not....Twisted Evil

Maybe you best NOT discuss the subject because it's such a bummer. Don't know why there are scumbag POS like this around. You'll just ruin your nice time out with good people.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Thumbs up Had a very nice time with the insidelakesiders! Thanks again for all the valuable information we have gleaned from you good folks over the time we were in transit....RoofBob, Hockables...joyfull...missed CanuckBob...I heard he may need a daytimer...lol.
The main topic....for those who need to know...was the shrimp cocktail...or lack thereof....right Jim?
See you all at the next one!
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next