INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adios Pedro?

+11
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
ComputerGuy
Zedinmexico
MexicoPete
Trailrunner
Ms Mac
CheenaGringo
sparks
Grizzy
hkrause
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Adios Pedro? Empty Adios Pedro?

Post by hkrause Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Ajijic News is reporting on their Facebook page today that Pedro has passed. Anybody with more info? Must have been fairly sudden as we saw him recently.

Heather

BTW, sorry for an confusion... referring to "Pedro Loco." Here's a link to the mention on Ajijic News Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AjijicNews?ref=stream

Last edited by hkrause on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Adios Pedro? Empty Re: Adios Pedro?

Post by Grizzy Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:21 pm

So sad. He was a sweet kind colorful soul. RIPPedro, you were well loved.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Thought you meant the other Pedro Loco from the Polar Bear Swim
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:09 pm

Sorry, Sparks... wasn't aware there were so many Pedro Locos! I'm referring to the one who previously had the donkey cart and Vino Blanco. See above link for a photo (I don't believe you need a Facebook account to view).

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Heather:

There are other Pedros who only wish they were as well known and as well liked as Pedro Loco! To my knowledge, none go by the Pedro Loco designation.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Whatever happened to the infamous one? Guess he has no other forum left to ban him. Shit stirring

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:14 pm

sparks wrote:Thought you meant the other Pedro Loco from the Polar Bear Swim

So did I. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Although both Pedros are/were from Canada, there is such a difference between the two, one from Millet, and the other from GTO. Pedro Loco, you shall be missed by all. (I didn't know he was also from Vancouver)

I enjoyed so much talking to you when I would see you walking around town, at first with your Donkey and later in you wonderfully wild outfit
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 am

Pedro had severe mobility problems that last few weeks of his life. He was using
a walker instead of his traditional walking stick.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:07 am

My Mom and I were long-time friends of Peter. He started a new life here after his divorce, when alzheimer's was already setting in. Often, he couldn't find his own way home. He drank an awful lot in those days. But he gave all that up, as far as I know, and slowly became the colorful character we all knew and loved. It was his way to fight back against the underbelly, and it freed him.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 pm

From Pedro's Facebook page, I believe there will be a ceremony this Sunday, January 13th, at 5:30 pm on the shore of Lake Chapala, near Yves restaurant. Here is the post, translated by Google, and the original Spanish. If somebody can translate this better than Google and provide additional details, please do!

=================
NEWS TODAY MY FRIEND PEDRO CRAZY!

ALREADY ashes in Ajijic

AJIJIC he loved so much!! WANTED TO STAY HERE,,,, FOREVER! A QUIIII!
CONFIRMATION BECAUSE THERE
WATERING CEREMONY OF ASHES WILL THIS SUNDAY 13 JANUARY 2013 IN AJIJIC JAL MEXICO AT 5:30 PM IN THE LAGUNA Ajijic.
WHERE THE ALWAYS used to be,,, (LAGUNA AND FRONT STREET CATELLANOS MARCOS Restarante Ivess),,,,, BETWEEN SPRING AND AJIJIC CRUCITA
WHERE chose to stay!!

KNOWN TODAY .....! ASHES ARE NOW ... AT HOME IN COLON 67 A QUI in Ajijic, at his E
(YA went to ask) And thanks to those who personally called us and had a talk CONEL VERY INTERESTING!

(THE NEXT MSG is my friend BEIRNIE CRUZ PACHECO)
Newsflash: now collect the ashes of Peter the crazy
will spread in the Lake Chapala, in the coming days, when we do not know neither the day! But asked to stay in Ajijic, so has research to fire!

THANKS Bernie, he will also be checking PA CONFIRM THE TWO DAY TIME AND PLACE OF EVENT THAT I ASK TO BE CAREFUL OUT AT THIS TIME,, THANKS
PLEASE share this message and translate it into English by FA!
THANKS
MY CUTE AJIJIC

=================
NOTICIAS DE MI AMIGO PEDRO LOCO HOY!!!

YA ESTAN SUS CENIZAS EN AJIJIC

EL AMO TANTO AJIJIC!!!!! QUE QUISO QUEDARSE AQUI ,,,, PARA SIEMPRE!!! A QUIIII!!!
HAY CONFIRMACION YA QUE
LA CEREMONIA DE EL RIEGO DE CENIZAS SERA ESTE DOMINGO 13 DE ENERO 2013 EN AJIJIC JAL MEXICO A LAS 5:30 PM EN LA LAGUNA DE AJIJIC.
DONDE SOLIA ESTAR EL SIEMPRE ,,,(LAGUNA Y CALLE MARCOS CATELLANOS FRENTE AL RESTARANTE IVESS) ,,,,,ENTRE LA CRUCITA Y EL MUELLE AJIJIC
DONDE EL ESCOGIO QUEDARSE!!!!

.....SEGUN SE SABE HOY !! YA ESTAN LAS CENIZAS ...EN SU CASA EN COLON 67 A QUI EN AJIJIC, EN CASA DE SU E
,(YA FUIMOS A PREGUNTAR) Y GRACIAS A QUIEN NOS LLAMO PERSONALMENTE Y TUVE UNA PLATICA CONEL MUY INTERESANTE!!!

(EL SIG MSG ES DE MI AMIGO BEIRNIE CRUZ PACHECO )
Noticia de última hora : hoy recogen las cenizas de Pedro el loco,
las van a esparcir en el lago de chapala, en los próximos días, la hora no se sabe ni el día ! Pero el pidió quedarse en ajijic, así que ha investigar para despedirlo !

GRACIAS BERNIE ,,EL TAMBIEN ESTARA CHECANDO PA CONFIRMAR LOS DOS EL DIA LA HORA Y EL LUGAR DE DICHO EVENTO AL QUE LES PIDO ESTAR ATENTOS DESDE EN ESTE MOMENTO ,,GRACIAS
FAVOR DE COMPARTIR ESTE MENSAJE Y TRADUCIRLO AL INGLES POR FA!!!
GRACIAS
MI LINDO AJIJIC
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:38 pm

The news today of my friend Pedro Loco.

His ashes are now in Ajijic.

he loved Ajijic so much!!! That he wanted to remain here Forever!!! Here!!!

There is confirmation now that the ceremony of the sprinkling of his ashes will be this Sunday, Jan 13th at 5:30 pm in the lake at Ajijic.
According to as known now.
Where he chose (wanted) to be.

Where he will remain forever.....the lake and calle Marcos Castellanos, between the cross and the Ajijic pier.
According to as it known now.

The ashes are here at his house on Colon #67 in Ajijic...in the house of ?
(can't figure that out).
We already went to ask???
And thanks to the person who called us personally as I had a very interesting converation with him

Thanks Bernie...He will be checking in order to confirm both the day, the hour, and the place of the ceremony...and that I asked them to be respectful at that time.
Please share this message and tranlate to English...please.
Thank you
My beautiful Ajijic

Sorry...a little too literal on the translation but can't get my head wrapped around English when I'm reading Spanish.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:39 am

Thanks for the translation and update.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:39 pm

For those who might not be part of TOB and didn't see, there was a very nice post from Peter's brother today, with some background information. I hope he won't mind me re-posting for those who haven't seen it yet:

===========
Hello to all of Pedro Loco's friends,

I am Peter's brother Jim and could not help but be moved by the kind comments about him being posted on your forum. Thus, permit me to add a few words of my own which may bring you even closer to him although he has left your shores.

First, let me tell you that he did have a loving family composed of 5 siblings, rather distant in these last few years but caring followers of his colorful adventures despite the miles between us. Yes, immediately upon hearing of Peter's departure the tears were there, and he will be fondly remembered as one of many 'characters' in our brood. Indeed, while I find it difficult to disclose the following message I sent to one of our sisters with you, as such matters are very personal in nature and usually kept private, I sense a genuine yearning on your part for a little more knowledge of the 'real' Peter, so I have decided to share it with you.

"Yes, I got the news and although we probably all expected to hear something like this someday it sets you back nonetheless.

I found myself recalling all of those fun times when we were young and in that sense I have nothing but grand memories. Trips to Florida, the pool at Hampton, working on the farm, raising impish hell and carefree college days, to cite but a few --- good times and lots of them.

Then I googled Pedro Loco and watched a video of a man I did not know --- BUT --- I still detected that amiable sense of humor Peter was always known for, that innocent mind that tenaciously challenged convention throughout his life and, to a certain extent, that abiding awareness within all philosophers who live their lives as they see fit for lack of any answers to the questions the rest of us simply choose to ignore. Perhaps, therefore, he had the upper hand. Who knows?

Of these things I am certain, however, I'm glad he was a part of my life. I am glad for all those moments of laughter he gave us, even in his final years as he continued to endear himself to us from far away --- albeit in his own unique fashion. In this sense he delightfully enriched my life even long after we had lost contact. The bottom line? I am glad he was my brother.

I too have a heavy heart."

On a lighter note, Peter's Great Uncle, Dr. William Inglis Morse, once wrote a book called “Eccentrics in Paradise and Other Essays.” a witty tome of a mere 94 pages inspired by the work of an unknown scribe from London around the year eighteen hundred. It was called “Eccentric Biography,” and consisted of sketches of the lives of extraordinary characters, whether these people were remarkable for their splendid talents, singular propensities or wonderful adventures. WIM described this original missive as “typed poorly and far harder to read than many Spanish books published three hundred years ago!” It appears our dear blood relative had a wry sense of humour and a caustic wit. This is a rather seductive affliction, nurtured by those of us who cannot resist making light of events so as to avoid the far worse fate of taking life too seriously. That was Peter (!) And he would definitely have found a place in our Uncle Will's book had he lived in earlier times.

Undoubtedly, Peter inherited a fair number of the good doctor’s more eclectic genes. They both had Morse in their names. Peter's friends refer to him as Pedro Loco and considered him truly eccentric --- in a kind way --- one of a kind! And he did grow up just five miles down a dirt road from that village named Paradise. (Trust me. There is such a place!) Uncle Will drank too much, became an ordained preacher and married a rich lady. To wit, in between sermons he was able to travel the world with maids and chauffeurs. As for Peter, he has always driven his own jalopies --- or should I say donkeys --- but like Uncle Will he was hardly a teetotaler. He got hitched to two gals, neither one of whom were wealthy, though we can assume they enriched his life in other ways. But the closet he ever got to being a doctor was “I’ll show you mine if you’ll show me yours” when the mystery of differing young anatomies became too much to bear! I recall that day when we were kids as if it were right now!

Of one thing I am certain, Peter was an imp and always loved to have fun. I recall visiting our mother in London one New Year's eve, typical teenagers too fond of the grape given any excuse to have a ball. After touring the pubs we all returned to mama's flat to watch the revelers on the telly at midnight before retiring in anticipation of yet another typical hangover on the 1st of January --- all except Peter that is!! Somehow we had lost him! Not to worry mate, when the gong struck 12 we 'found" him. There he was on live television --- soaking ringing wet on the top of the fountain at Trafalger Square --- waving to us all and being broadcast accross the land.That was our Peter.

Other snippets to fill in a few blanks --- during his last year at high school he had a 1932 Modle A Ford convertable, rumble seat and all. We had a good life as kids growing up in a carefree fashion in a thriving small hamlet of 1,000 folks during the 1950's. When we weren't swimming at Bloody Creek, (site of an ancient battle between the British and the English) riding horses or making hay for the cattle on our Father's farm, we were playing cowboys and indians, teasing the girls, or attending the Saturday matinee at the local theatre --- for 15 cents! Typical small town kids.

Peter and his twin Susan were "A" students, perpetually at the top of their class. But with a twinkle in his eye and a penchant for devilry he was always in the mood for fun. The stories I could tell you would bring many a smile, time and space permitting. Suffice it to say, Pedro Loco had a full life, an interesting life, atypical though it may have been at times. He did it his way. So should we all.

As for personal sagas that are incomplete without a smattering of genealogical trash to flesh out our bones, I don't think Peter gave it a moment's thought. He was not one to go back in history searching for the privileges of an hereditary aristocracy or seeking a pedigree of warriors and fame. Most such efforts bear little if any fruit anyway, and Peter would have told us that unlike the ancient Greeks and Romans, he do not seek to relate himself to gods and sons of gods. If his ancestors crossed the Channel with William the Conqueror, he could care less. And as Carlyle once said, “Coats of arms are the most useless of all coats.” So while his journey may have been a little more irregular than most, it was his choice and rightfully so.

As for me, “Wisdom in this sort of business lies in knowing when to stop,” or so sayeth my Great Uncle Will. So I will.

Please laugh a little and enjoy the thrills of stepping outside of the box once and a while.That, friends of Pedro Loco, was Peter's most endearing feature, his legacy to us all ---- a wise lesson for each of us to ponder.

Thank you for caring,

Jim
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:11 pm

How nice of his brother to post that.
Thanks hkrause.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:17 pm

A beautiful eulogy from a caring brother...RIP Pedro...you were loved and that, after all, is what it's all about.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Here is the info on Pagina - using google translate

I wouldn't have posted it - but - since it is on the online chapala newspaper it is going to be public knowledge, if it isn't already

The Canadian Peter Morse Moir, better known as "Pedro Loco", who became famous in the delegation of Ajijic for his eccentric way of dressing, using a huge hat decorated with flowers and riding a white donkey, died poisoning by inhalation of carbon monoxide inside your home.

The incident occurred on January 8, at 10:30 am, when the maid came to work at home from abroad located in Water Street number 67. Upon noticing a strong smell of smoke, the woman went to her employer's bedroom and found him dead on the bed, so that immediately gave notice to the Municipal Police of Chapala. SUICIDE
According to initial investigations, the Public Ministry assumed it was a suicide, since he found a letter from the hand of the now deceased, which leaves instructions in case of death, plus several errands with addresses and phone numbers to call their families. The letter and the messages were pasted on the wall next to the entrance door.
Reviewing the room, investigating officers found evidence that the deceased had started a fire last night, where he took some hot coals, same as were found at the foot of the bed to pieces of foil. The doors and windows were closed, causing the heat and smoke to accumulate inside the chamber. Morse Moir's body was clothed and showed no signs of violence.

ASHES TO MALECÓN
In the letter, the Canadian gave several instructions such as not calling the police or an ambulance, and that his remains be cremated and his ashes deposited in the Ajijic pier next to a stone "golden".

THOUSAND PESOS FOR THE FUNERAL ... If he was crazy
Under questioning, Carmen Garcia Perez, who is domiciled in the street Marcos Castellanos number 56 in the delegation of Ajijic, said his employer, days before his death, he said he wanted to die for the suffering he caused their diseases as cirrhosis and alzheimer suffered, and she supplied the drugs daily. Even said that he gave him a pack of cigarettes containing thousand dollars in cash for funeral arrangements.
's body was lifted by the Forensic Medical Service personnel (SEMEFO) and taken to the morgue facilities of Ocotlan.

FAMILY
Morse Moir was born in Nova Scotia, Canada, on September 7, 1945 and lived alone in his home in Ajijic, it was separated from his wife of five years due to his drinking problem. A "Pedro Loco" is survived by a son, James Moir Kyle Williams, 39, who resides in Toronto, Canada.
Patricia Moir, 73, residing in Marseille street number 01 in Chapala, identified the body of her husband .
Regarding this case, the Public Ministry reported that is awaiting the results of the autopsy.

HOMELESS were not
close friends "Pedro Loco" reported that the donkey "White Wine" and the small "Pina Colada", were under the care of the restaurant owner Yve's located next to the restaurant La Vieja Posada.

http://www.paginaquesiselee.com.mx/
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Well, he was all about life on his own terms...and he decided it was time to go.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:46 am

Obviously a well-educated family.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:43 am

Ohhh the stories I can't tell here.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:01 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Ohhh the stories I can't tell here.

Z
Come to the Swarm and I'll sit next to you. He reminds me a lot of my great-grandmother, who was quite the character.

-Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:18 am

Pedro lived among us and yet apart from us in a place he created for his own reasons. I remember the first time I saw him shortly after arriving here. I knew I would love living in a place where a man like Pedro could be watched over while allowed to be just who he was. He had not only gotten out of the box, he had flattened it, torn it up and fashioned flowers from it. He placed them in his boots and on his hat. He had pushed the limits and discovered there was still a place for him. People took his picture, talked with him, tolerated his weaknesses and enjoyed the humor and wisdom that were also there. It is fitting then that he should also leave in his own way, choosing the timing and method rather than waiting for illness to slowly and painfully extinguish the light. Wherever he now is, I wish him peaceful shores and a continuing journey.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:04 pm

That was lovely, Lady Otter, I couldnt agree more.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:33 pm

He was/never will be, confined, be it heaven, hell, or earth...a rarity among the human species.

His freedom of the sprirt must have started about where most peoples' end.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Thank you, Ms. Thang.
I agree slainte.
A friend of mine said of Pedro: "Ashes to ashes, stardust to stardust."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder