INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take my dog... please!

+7
gringal
CanuckBob
Carry Bean
Zedinmexico
RoofBob
Lady Otter Latté
Tony_In_Mexico
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Take my dog... please! - Page 2 Empty Re: Take my dog... please!

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 am

VERY well cared for. Good job, Tony.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:19 am

Actually, that pic was taken pretty soon after he was taken off the streets. He's filled out well since then. I'll send Bob another pic.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:26 am

He looks a lot better than most dogs do right after they come off the street.
Had he been in a shelter? How did he come to be with you?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:50 am

Tony, since you do seem very concerned about this dog's happiness, what if you could feed him a perfectly adequate diet on about $3 a week? How about toys? Does he have any? I'm quite serious about the $3 a week bit. Many people in Europe don't use commercial dog food. Their dogs are generally healthier.
As for neutering him, there are programs here so you could probably get that done at no cost.

Some people have bought toys for their dogs, which the dogs don't like. Take our golden retriever as an example, he hates hard chewy toys and will only play with soft stuffed toys. His prized possession is a very large teddy bear.

What if somebody donated toys like that, would it make any difference? Our last girl, pictured in my avatar, who was half labrador loved the hard chewy toys. They're all different.

He is a very good looking dog, so it shouldn't be all that hard to find a new family.

Of course if you have absolutely made your decision that dog ownership is not for you, we can drop the subject and just focus on finding him a new home.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:05 pm

I have been thinking along the same lines as E-raq. I don´t want to nag if you have your mind made up, Tony. But, if you are feeling ambivalent and want to see if you could work it out, I would be happy to help out too. Just let us know. Sometimes it takes a village, ya know?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:14 pm

You folks are well-intentioned, but as Tony himself said: he isn't enough of a dog person to give the pup the attention he needs and deserves. So, quite aside from any financial considerations.........the dog needs a new home with an attentive owner. It's a little like having a baby. Lots of people think they want one until they discover they aren't really cut out to be moms or dads. If it weren't for the guilts, a lot of human kids would be taken to shelters. Sadly, some of those parents don't have sense enough to get neutered, and the production line continues.

I hope the new year brings Negro a new home.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Take my dog... please! - Page 2 Empty Negro es pero bueno

Post by A/C Gypsies Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 pm

Tony,

So sad to hear of you're troubles. You are absolutely right; Negro deserves a much better fate than a return to the shelter (where he has already been a resident).

To all those who follow this post, and may be considering taking in this dog, I would like to give a personal recommendation. My wife and I have met Negro several times, and found him to be extremely mellow and easy going. He is a large Labrador mix, and would be fantastic security for anyone who is alone or has concerns about intruders.

We would love to adopt him ourselves, but already have a 13 year old Lab who is used to getting all of our affection. In addition, our landlord would not approve and it would cause issues.

These two issues are the only things standing in the way... otherwise we would already be in the car, headed for Chapala to give this sweet dog a new home!

Best of luck to you both, Tony!

A/C Gypsies

Humor : Willing to laugh, if you're funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:22 am

You'll excuse me for bumping my own thread. Wanted to remind folks that I'm still looking for a good home for Negro.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum