INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take my dog... please!

+7
gringal
CanuckBob
Carry Bean
Zedinmexico
RoofBob
Lady Otter Latté
Tony_In_Mexico
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Take my dog... please! Empty Take my dog... please!

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:22 am

Hiya folks. Trying to find a new home for my dog. He's a 2.5 year old black lab mix named Negro. Very smart, well behaved and affectionate. He's never had an accident in my house, never chewed anything or knocked anything over. He rarely barks. He's good with other dogs and loves kids. He's had all his shots but hasn't been snipped. That hasn't been an issue, but I'm told you should have it done for health reasons. I just can't afford to get it done. Can't really afford to feed him either. Not that he eats so much, but just that I've had a hit in the pocket recently and it's made things really tight. Also, I may not be the dog person I thought I was. I spend all day and night sitting at my computer, so Negro suffers for affection from me, I'm sad to say. You really couldn't ask for a better dog. Can't tell you how many people have told me that over the last few months. I don't want to be forced to take him to a shelter. He deserves better.

If you have any questions please contact me at 765-2004 or msg me here.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Take my dog... please! Empty Re: Take my dog... please!

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Tony, get up and away from the computer twice a day. Take Negro for a little walk. If you have an outdoor space, throw a ball or a Frisbee or a rubber bone and let him run after it. Teach him to bring it to you. If not an outdoor space, do it in the house. I have a small casita and throw a tennis ball for my mid-size dog who skids and slides along the tile as she chases after it. I do that until she´s done. It does not take a lot of time. Sometimes I talk to her about what I am reading on the computer. It does not matter what you say. Your attention and the sound of your voice is all they need. Really, Tony, the fun, exercise and affection of a good dog is better for you than more computer time. And, I spend a LOT of time on my computer too. You may be more of a dog person than you think you are.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:13 am

If that were the only issue I'd do more. I do walk him a couple times a day. He's not interested in fetching. Still, I can't afford him.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:23 am

I understand that situation, Tony. Is this a temporary problem? If it is and some help with dog food would get you over a bad time, let us know what you need. If it is not temporary then let´s find that boy a good home. Can you post a picture? That seems to help in placing pets.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:35 am

Why don't you stop by Tony, we'll help you out with some dog food while you find a new home for your mascota.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:38 am

Many of us would help if food is an issue and I don't think Tony feels good about this.

Z

Last edited by Zedinmexico on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:39 am

At least he's not just dumping the poor thing on the street. He's trying to get a home for him which is more than the disgusting snowbirds who get an animal for their stay & then just leave it behind.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:00 am

Some poor guy is simply looking for a home for his dog. I didn't see him ask for any opinions thus I have deleted the usual BS from this thread............

Tony, if you want me to post a picture for you, e-mail it to me at

bhowe11(at)hotmail.com
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:27 am

I agree with Carry Bean and Joec. Tony is at least trying to find the dog a home. If his budget is very tight and has taken an additional hit to the point where HE believes he can't afford the dog, he should know. It isn't just about food. Vet care and the bills for it are part of pet ownership. He tells us he can't afford to have him neutered.

Giving him a bag or so of dog food isn't going to be a long term solution.
Being judgmental about Tony's perceived attitude isn't, either. To me, he sounds like he's trying to do the right thing.

You've given us some good references, Tony. Let's see this guy's picture, too.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:33 am

Agree, Gringal. The food was offered as short-term help. What Negra needs is a new home. And, I am glad that Tony is doing his best to find that for him. He obviously cares about the dog.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:58 am

You know, Tony has done a great thing here for his pet. Instead of just a picture, he's given everyone a good idea of the personality of his dog as well. Maybe the animal shelters could take a leaf out of his book.

He sounds like a great companion, a doggy who would be welcome in anyone's home.

We're also happy to help with short term food help as well.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:10 am

Thanks all for the offer of food. Another friend has already helped me out in that area and has agreed to help keep him fed until I can find him a good home. Again, understand that this is not solely a financial issue. To quote men through the ages, "it's not you, it's me". He's a sweet dog. I just don't think I'm a great master. Lately, every little thing he does is not magic (sorry Sting) but annoying. I just don't think I'm cut out to own a hound. I feel bad thinking that he's not getting something from me that he should and I want him to have his best shot at happiness, because he really is a great dog. I've spent so many years alone that I think I'm just beyond change. Best to have found this out with a dog before getting involved with a woman, huh?

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 am

Women everywhere thank you for that, Tony.
Hey, we are not beyond change until we stop breathing, so there is hope for you yet!
How long have you had Negra?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:43 am

It's Negro. He's a boy. Had him about 4 months I think. Forgot to add a pic.

Well, that didn't work.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:47 am

CBob can help you with getting the picture up.
Sorry about the gender confusion. My dog is a girl.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:57 am

Tony_In_Mexico wrote:Thanks all for the offer of food. Another friend has already helped me out in that area and has agreed to help keep him fed until I can find him a good home. Again, understand that this is not solely a financial issue. To quote men through the ages, "it's not you, it's me". He's a sweet dog. I just don't think I'm a great master. Lately, every little thing he does is not magic (sorry Sting) but annoying. I just don't think I'm cut out to own a hound. I feel bad thinking that he's not getting something from me that he should and I want him to have his best shot at happiness, because he really is a great dog. I've spent so many years alone that I think I'm just beyond change. Best to have found this out with a dog before getting involved with a woman, huh?

So Tony, at one time this doggy did charm you enough that every little thing he did was magic it appears.
We also have a new adopted dog, rescued from an animal shelter which housed 1500 dogs. He had been there for 11 months. After about 6 weeks he's now a bit on the plump side. His coat is starting to look amazing and he's the absolute perfect dog for us.

We just love looking at him, he's the happiest most easy going guy I've ever seen. Everything he does is magic, at this point at least. I kind of figure after another 6 months or maybe a year he'll just become another family member without special care needs. This guy has hip dysplasia. We're getting on age wise and can't do a lot of walking with him, however he has appointed himself as guardian of the property, and makes three daily rounds up and down the hill every day. Dogs are that smart, amazingly clever at times.

To me, and this is just an opinion, you have fallen out of the falling in love phase, and clearly since you care so much for this dog, are simply moving into the love stage. The love stage, whether in a relationship with a person, or with a pet is not less, it's a lot more than the being in love stage.

Good luck, and if you put a picture up, surely someone on here will fall in love with him too.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Great post E-raq. I was relating to what Tony said. I have had my latest dog for 7 months. I remember at some point feeling like Tony. I thought I was not up to being what and who she needed. But, I decided we were sort of stuck with each other, and we plowed forward. We have settled into the comfortable stage. I know her. She knows me. No surprises. Well, not very often anyway.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Here is a picture of Negro:

Take my dog... please! Negro10

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Very cool dog, Tony. If I could manage more than one dog I would take him, but I can not.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:15 pm

he is a great dog, if we could, we would take him, but we already have three and two of them are 100 pound rotties who are a handfull. He is a sweet dog, i hope he gets a good home.
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:03 am

Lady Otter, I believe you just described my wife and I's loving married relationship of 22 years and counting. Oh, I can count the moments. We both can. We have a 23 yr. old gato named Felix, on his last legs (literally). We'll move on when he's moved on (frisky, in the meantime). The lesson - don't take on a mammal you can't handle, especially spouses.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:14 am

borderreiver said: "Lady Otter, I believe you just described my wife and I's loving married relationship of 22 years and counting. Oh, I can count the moments. We both can. We have a 23 yr. old gato named Felix, on his last legs (literally). We'll move on when he's moved on (frisky, in the meantime). The lesson - don't take on a mammal you can't handle, especially spouses."

I laughed at your response. It is filled with truth, love and wisdom. The problem with your advice is that we often learn not to take on a mammal we can´t handle when we have taken on a mammal we can´t handle. Very Happy
Blessings on Felix. Long may he frolic before moving on.
Happy New Year to you all!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:19 am

He's a beauty!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 am

And, he looks very well cared for.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 am

VERY well cared for. Good job, Tony.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum