INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti Graffiti Paint

+9
hound dog
Axixic
viajero
ferret
slainte39
brigitte
joec
itsme
CHILLIN
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anti Graffiti Paint Empty Anti Graffiti Paint

Post by CHILLIN Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 pm

I can't believe this is not available in Mexico. I know that it works, and can even provide references. It contains liquid teflon, it makes a super hard coating which is resistant to all solvents, even MRK and acetone. It is like wiping one of those plastic blackboards - nothing will stick, not even those 'sharpie' pens http://www.endura.ca/products/Topcoats/release.html

Here's a new Mexican one, probably potassium silicate based http://www.economist.com/node/2173232
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anti Graffiti Paint Empty Re: Anti Graffiti Paint

Post by itsme Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:56 pm

VERY, EXTREMELY, EXPENSIVE.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 pm

CHILLIN wrote:I can't believe this is not available in Mexico. I know that it works, and can even provide references. It contains liquid teflon, it makes a super hard coating which is resistant to all solvents, even MRK and acetone. It is like wiping one of those plastic blackboards - nothing will stick, not even those 'sharpie' pens http://www.endura.ca/products/Topcoats/release.html

Here's a new Mexican one, probably potassium silicate based http://www.economist.com/node/2173232

Believe it. Mexico is waaay behind in products available.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:02 am

I looked into it for the Chiapas house and INAH will not approve it because it has a shine to it.
It is available in Chiapas so I would think you could find it in other places in Mexico. Joec so much for Mexico being behind in product availability. I would rather have grafitti on my walls than that paint anyways.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:45 am

brigitte wrote:I looked into it for the Chiapas house and INAH will not approve it because it has a shine to it.
It is available in Chiapas so I would think you could find it in other places in Mexico. Joec so much for Mexico being behind in product availability. I would rather have grafitti on my walls than that paint anyways.

What is INAH?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:02 am

Something you are very familiar with.

Information...Not Always Helpful Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy l

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:10 am

slainte39 wrote:Something you are very familiar with.

ROTFLAMO! Very clever!
John...it stands for Instituto Nacional de Antropologia e (y?) Historia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instituto_Nacional_de_Antropolog%C3%ADa_e_Historia
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:27 am

ferret wrote:
slainte39 wrote:Something you are very familiar with.

ROTFLAMO! Very clever!
John...it stands for Instituto Nacional de Antropologia e (y?) Historia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instituto_Nacional_de_Antropolog%C3%ADa_e_Historia

Now you've done it!
I was trying very hard not to confuse or overburden John.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:53 am

Funny one,slainte,now he's googling antropoligia no doubt.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Funny!

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:39 pm

brigitte wrote:I looked into it for the Chiapas house and INAH will not approve it because it has a shine to it.

So you live in a Historic Area where the Mexican Gov't DICTATES the shine level of the paint on your house. That IS the most RIDICULOUS thing I've ever heard. I'm happy that I live in a well run Gated Community where NO ONE DICTATES anything!!!

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:02 pm

If that is the most RIDICULOUS thing you have ever heard, sounds like you have never listened to what you are saying.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:09 pm

joec wrote: I'm happy that I live in a well run Gated Community where NO ONE DICTATES anything!!!
John,are you off your rocker?
I would never live in a development governed by an HOA,where they dictate everything,screw that.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:01 pm

viajero wrote:
joec wrote: I'm happy that I live in a well run Gated Community where NO ONE DICTATES anything!!!
I would never live in a development governed by an HOA,where they dictate everything,screw that.

You're a TOTAL IDIOT. You know NOTHING about Gated Communities because you've never lived in one. NO ONE dictates ANYTHING to ANYONE here. We wouldn't want a jerk like you here either where everyone here gets along. And now you know why I say it's the "best" Gated Community in Ajijic because we ALL get along.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Well that settles it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:00 pm

joec wrote:
viajero wrote:

You're a TOTAL IDIOT. You know NOTHING about Gated Communities because you've never lived in one. NO ONE dictates ANYTHING to ANYONE here. We wouldn't want a jerk like you here either where everyone here gets along. And now you know why I say it's the "best" Gated Community in Ajijic because we ALL get along.
John,I learned more than I would have liked to about HOAs through my work with a large upscale developer in CA.
IMO most HOA boards are made up of people like maincoons,bennie and you,a bunch of bickering old busybodies,not my cup of tea...

Last edited by viajero on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:06 pm

joec wrote:...I say it's the "best" Gated Community in Ajijic because we ALL get along.

Ahhh... I NOW understand your difficulty in unloading what otherwise sounds like a nice property.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:52 pm

viajero wrote:
joec wrote:
viajero wrote:

John,I learned more than I would have liked to about HOAs through my work with a large upscale developer in CA.
IMO most HOA boards are made up of people like maincoons,bennie and you,a bunch of bickering old busybodies,not my cup of tea...

I guess you didn't deal with many HOA'S or came across the dysfunctional ones. I cannot say that every HOA is run properly and doesn't have control freaks because some do. Example: Chula Vista a few years back.

Our Board is totally professional and they are degreed people who had excellent jobs in the US and some have/had their own companies. Believe whatever you want.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:22 pm

[quote="joec"]
viajero wrote:

You're a TOTAL IDIOT. You know NOTHING about Gated Communities because you've never lived in one. NO ONE dictates ANYTHING to ANYONE here. We wouldn't want a jerk like you here either where everyone here gets along. And now you know why I say it's the "best" Gated Community in Ajijic because we ALL get along.[/quote]

Great stuff. After we bought into an exclusive condominium highrise on San Francisco´s Russian Hill with spectacular views out over the Financial District, North Beach, Chinatown and the bay, I was tricked into becoming president of the condominium association there and, in my 50s, learned more about the degrading character of the human spirit than I had realized in my previous 50 years. living in the Alabama woods on bayous and rivers and bayfront and oceanfront Santa Monica Bay. In all those years living in rural Alabama and the L.A. Basin, I never lived in a place where I had to interract with shared property owners but in that San Francisco condominium highrise, supposedly inhabited by well-to-do upper middle class folk with superior educational levels who had matured with extraordinary accomplishments, I learned more than I ever wanted to know about human nastiness and hypocrisy. When we rertired to Lakeside and later bought in San Cristóbal de Las Casas, the one thing we vowed never to do again was to subject ourselves to ownership in any commonly owned property so we never even considered, when we moved here in 2001, the notion that we would buy a property in a gated community such as that John shares with those other folks over whom he fawns. John is proof positive we were right to avoid that trap.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:45 pm

hound dog wrote: I was tricked into becoming president of the condominium association there and, in my 50s, learned more about the degrading character of the human spirit than I had realized in my previous 50 years.
You were tricked into it....that's funny..I't's that kind of post that makes this forum fun.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Any person who has ever become the President of a HOA had to be either tricked or not of sound mind in the first place. Been there, done that and in hindsight should have been committed!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by coltivatore Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Dawg: I am continually amused with most of your diatribes. I love your superiority complex! Does it make you feel better when you enlighten us with most every post, every subject, with your rich man's addresses--San Fran. Russian Hill, Santa Monica Bay, West Ajijic. Just how large is your estate? And San Cristobal de las Casas. Almost forgot your trips to France. Woooooo! I'm very impressed. Wow. you moved here in '01. Well, I liked it better here before you and your rich buddies arrived. Oh well, at least I had 6 years when you were not here. Ahhhh, memories! Lucky me, that I haven't ever made your acquaintance.

Possibly, this should be in the Octagon, but I could resist no longer!

hound dog wrote:[quote="joec"]
viajero wrote:

Great stuff. After we bought into an exclusive condominium highrise on San Francisco´s Russian Hill with spectacular views out over the Financial District, North Beach, Chinatown and the bay, I was tricked into becoming president of the condominium association there and, in my 50s, learned more about the degrading character of the human spirit than I had realized in my previous 50 years. living in the Alabama woods on bayous and rivers and bayfront and oceanfront Santa Monica Bay. In all those years living in rural Alabama and the L.A. Basin, I never lived in a place where I had to interract with shared property owners but in that San Francisco condominium highrise, supposedly inhabited by well-to-do upper middle class folk with superior educational levels who had matured with extraordinary accomplishments, I learned more than I ever wanted to know about human nastiness and hypocrisy. When we rertired to Lakeside and later bought in San Cristóbal de Las Casas, the one thing we vowed never to do again was to subject ourselves to ownership in any commonly owned property so we never even considered, when we moved here in 2001, the notion that we would buy a property in a gated community such as that John shares with those other folks over whom he fawns. John is proof positive we were right to avoid that trap. [/quote]
coltivatore
coltivatore

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:11 pm

coltivatore wrote:Dawg: I am continually amused with most of your diatribes. I love your superiority complex! Does it make you feel better when you enlighten us with most every post, every subject, with your rich man's addresses--San Fran. Russian Hill, Santa Monica Bay, West Ajijic. Just how large is your estate? And San Cristobal de las Casas. Almost forgot your trips to France. Woooooo! I'm very impressed. Wow. you moved here in '01. Well, I liked it better here before you and your rich buddies arrived. Oh well, at least I had 6 years when you were not here. Ahhhh, memories! Lucky me, that I haven't ever made your acquaintance.

Jesus,that's a helluva first post.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:22 pm

viajero wrote:
coltivatore wrote:Dawg: I am continually amused with most of your diatribes. I love your superiority complex! Does it make you feel better when you enlighten us with most every post, every subject, with your rich man's addresses--San Fran. Russian Hill, Santa Monica Bay, West Ajijic. Just how large is your estate? And San Cristobal de las Casas. Almost forgot your trips to France. Woooooo! I'm very impressed. Wow. you moved here in '01. Well, I liked it better here before you and your rich buddies arrived. Oh well, at least I had 6 years when you were not here. Ahhhh, memories! Lucky me, that I haven't ever made your acquaintance.

I'm inclined to assume that it's MC.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:32 pm

viajero wrote:

Especially after living "here" 18 years. A real glacial speed awakening to the call of taking action.

Must be a MC redux or clone.

Dawg, you got to bury that So. Ala. address for this "whoever's" benefit as it will interfere with their idolatrous mindset regarding thee.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next