INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Visa

+9
Rosa Venus
joec
Ms.Thang
ChapalaEllis
Intercasa
Frijoles
David
sparks
SunshineyDay
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Visa Empty New Visa

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Has anyone renewed their current No Inmigrante to the new Residente Temporal yet and received their card?
If so were financials required ?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New Visa Empty Re: New Visa

Post by sparks Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 pm

Supposedly no cards will be back from Mexico City until after the holidays
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:35 pm

If your No-imigrante card is not expired you don't need to provide financials.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Frijoles Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Did they say that in the Chapala office?
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Ask them or ask Spencer. I don't know.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 pm

We were told probably no cards until the new year. Plan to get travel letters if you are in process to be able to leave for the holidays.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapalaEllis Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Frijoles wrote:
Did they say that in the Chapala office?

Here is what Sr. Galvan was quoted as saying in the Guad Reporter recently, "Galvan says that individuals who already live in Mexico with legal status as temporary residents (i.e. admitted prior to November 9 under no-inmigrante or inmigrante documents) do not immediately start from square one. They are allowed to apply for renewals at the Chapala office without leaving the country until the full four-year period of the original permit ends. He also points out that higher income requirements now in effect are only taken into consideration in reviewing cases of individuals whose status is irregular, such as those whose documents have expired within the previous 60 days." However, no mention of income requirements for a "renewal"? So, is it the old income requirements... only the nose knows New Visa 477249

ChapalaEllis
ChapalaEllis

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:11 pm

The word on Mexconnect and a few Yahoo groups is you need no financials for a renewal ... just like the last time you did it. It's also rumored that you can move to Permanent resident after 4 years without financials. That's SMA so we'll have to see in other states.

SMA is also allowing previous FM3 time to count towards your 4 years but I just got an Email reply from Manzanillo INM saying I can't count my 7 years. Only those on my current visa. Fine with me as it gives me time to decide about my car which I probably can't keep on a permanent visa.

On the reply I got there was an attached PDF on what to bring for renewal ... and no mention of financials
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:02 pm

Intercasa wrote:We were told probably no cards until the new year. Plan to get travel letters if you are in process to be able to leave for the holidays.

What is the deal on this? A lot of those cards are "back from D.F." or whatever and ready to go, why are they telling people they aren't? That's why they are telling people to get their travel permits at the airport (like that is really going to happen) because they cant give a person whose migratory document has already been approved a second migratory document?...This is the only reason they can come up with on the o1-800 info line .
Can they really do that? Just refuse to issue a tramite that they are supposed to be issuing? And lie about it? They are really going to mess some people up but good, I would just love to know why. Give us a hint?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Ms Thang - Just follow Intercasa's advice. He DOES KNOW what he's talking about. Get a travel letter.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:51 am

Oh yes, he does know what he is talking about. This is about the INM office and they have been hanging up the lawyers with the same thing . I was mad and on a rant but not at Spencer.

I already have my card but I have been helping an elderly friend whose card is completely ready but they (Chapala) refuse to give it to her. They also REFUSED to do the travel letter and told her she could get it at the airport. Spencer and anyone with experience will tell you that you do NOT get that letter at the airport and you are required to apply for it in the same office where you applied for your immigration document anyway. They (Chapala INM) are lying about the card not being ready and they are refusing to do their job.
I called the INM hotline and the person I talked to said that the only reason she could think of as to why they would not do the letter in the Chapala office is because they already have my friends residente temporal card all processed (finger prints, photos, signatures and DATED ) so they can not do the letter for her too because it is also an official migratory document and a person can not have two, it's illegal. So they send her on a wild goose chase to the airport to cover their own ass .
With a little help she did the whole thing herself, got all the way to the end and now she has had to hire a lawyer in hopes that she might at least get that letter before she leaves because no one believes she will get it at the airport.
The whole thing is inexcusable , supposedly they are no longer able to make arbitrary decisions like this . Oh I could go on...you all might want to put me on your iggy list for tomorrow.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 am

Well, at least you know INM is LYING. So what else is new. They always lie as far as I'm concerned. I applied for my FM 2 INMIGRANTE before the new rules came into effect. My facilitator said it was ready in a week, but INM said they were out of the plastic laminate for the cards. It took another 1 1/2 weeks to get it. Yeah, right, what a crock of BS. They think we all just fell off the turnip truck.

Good luck helping your friend.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:49 am

They aren't just lying, they are violating the law and setting people up to face fines , lose their plane tickets and ruin their holiday travel plans...and for what?

I just helped her write the letter and fill out forms, it was no big deal and the application was processed quickly. It has been completed since November 27.

Of all things, I like being deceived and treated like I am an idiot least of all, so please don't take finger prints and stick pictures on a card and then tell me it's not ready. Tell me the truth and I'll deal with that. It's the least they could do for us.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:04 am

Ms. Thang, it sounds like at this point it's become a battle of wills between you and that grotesquely overweight prick at INM Chapala. And I bet he's a stubborn one. Maybe the best way to help your friend at this point is to remove yourself from the situation. Maybe if she went into that office with someone else helping her, innocently asks if there's been any change since the last visit, fathead would see it as an opportunity to save face and simply hand over the card.

You make it sound like it's reached a stage where he will never hand over that card to her with you present in the room. Anyway, it's just a thought.

This story is incredible and that jerk should be canned. Sorry you and your friend are being put through it. Good luck.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:10 am

Maybe the guy is looking to pad his Christmas funds?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:25 am

True, he does not like to be challenged and I'm sure he hates me. I told my friend I couldn't do anything else for her and she got a lawyer last night. He is at INM right now.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Maybe the guy is looking to pad his Christmas funds?

That FAT jerk has enough paddung for 3 people. This story is worse than disgusting. I cannot say what I think in Mirador. This is how we're treated for helping people and spending $$$ here so they get up to middle class. I don't get it.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Remember to let him know very sweetly that you wish his day is as pleasant as he has made yours.cheers Lizzy New Visa 169387
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by elehne1 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:47 am

bobnliz wrote:Remember to let him know very sweetly that you wish his day is as pleasant as he has made yours.cheers Lizzy New Visa 169387

Great idea! He is such a happy person...NOT!

Last edited by elehne1 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:30 pm

Someone on TOB claims that if you just speak to him in Spanish and inquire about his day he will roll over and let you scratch his tummy.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elehne1 Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Someone on TOB claims that if you just speak to him in Spanish and inquire about his day he will roll over and let you scratch his tummy.

Spanish was spoken to him when we turned in our docs and he was his usual friendly, helpful, smiling self.. Evil or Very Mad

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:...he will roll over and let you scratch his tummy.

There's a visual I could have done without.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:40 am

Euwww!! Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:05 am

He gave me a bad time when I got my inmigrado card in Guadaljara: my name was wrong, my letter had a spelling mistake then the card had not gotten back then it was lost then I told him very nicely no problem I have an appointment with your boss, and the card appeared and it was ready and he was sorry I had such problems...the guy is a bully.
One good thing is that the nicest lady from Guadalajara came along with him and that is lucky there is also a bitch from hell over there, lucky we did not get her as well.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:27 pm

So let me see if I am following this correctly. If I am renewing from my first year No Inimigrante to a Residente Temporal I can renew for up to 4 years with no financials?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next