INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you going on one of the Thanksgiving Beach Trips?

+16
E-raq
viajero
ferret
CheenaGringo
hockables
CanuckBob
hound dog
seisdedos
slainte39
gringal
Hensley
wheels
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
MexicoPete
little italy
johninajijic
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Are you going on one of the Thanksgiving Beach Trips? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you going on one of the Thanksgiving Beach Trips?

Post by slainte39 Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:10 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:With all the prior discussions about personal privacy, is it a great idea to play Facebook by broadcasting when one is going to be out of town and for how long?

Well, no one ever gets B&Eed, in the "Premier Gated Community".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Are you going on one of the Thanksgiving Beach Trips? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you going on one of the Thanksgiving Beach Trips?

Post by seisdedos Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:16 pm

viajero wrote:
ferret wrote:Don't go there guys or I'll have to inform you of the chemical reality and this will end up in the Octagon. :)
Ferret you already spooked me with the bad side effects of mint jelly and red M&Ms,now you're telling us beaver is bad for you as well??

I tell ya, that damn ferret is a real aguafiestas.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 pm

seisdedos wrote:
viajero wrote:
ferret wrote:Don't go there guys or I'll have to inform you of the chemical reality and this will end up in the Octagon. :)
Ferret you already spooked me with the bad side effects of mint jelly and red M&Ms,now you're telling us beaver is bad for you as well??

Maybe so, but you did ask for it. She delivered. ;-)
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:12 pm

I didn't ask for beaver.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:44 pm

How many different directions can you guys take this post?

Canadian Thanksgiving, who's talking about that. Read the title of the post.

It's American Thanksgiving you dodos.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Canadian Thanksgiving is better. They have beaver.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:49 pm

seisdedos wrote:Canadian Thanksgiving is better. They have beaver.

YUK! No thanks. Don't all households have beaver? LOL
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:49 pm

johninajijic wrote:How many different directions can you guys take this post?

CLASSIC!!

Last edited by viajero on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:56 pm

johninajijic wrote:

YUK! No thanks. Don't all households have beaver?
So many different responses come to mind but I'll refrain.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:19 pm

And really, so should all events for which one gives thanks.

@Dawg, Tim Hortons do not water down their coffee. They add extra caffeine, an addictive substance which accounts for at least one Timmy's on every corner.

Note to Seis, beaver may also be addictive,thereby rendering Canadians the most interesting people on earth.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:26 pm

E-raq wrote:

And really, so should all events for which one gives thanks.

@Dawg, Tim Hortons do not water down their coffee. They add extra caffeine, an addictive substance which accounts for at least one Timmy's on every corner.

Note to Seis, beaver may also be addictive,thereby rendering Canadians the most interesting people on earth.

Okay, E-Raq: you get the NOBLE PRIZE for gentility and understatement on this one. It's an ice cream stick. Okay, and covered with chocolate.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanksgiving at the Dawghouse is celebrated 365 days a year - a tradition dating from 1971 when Dawg, upon landing on the bayou-blessed shores of Mobile Bay, discovered his soon-to-be Parisienne wife, recent pilgrim to those lovely shores who, while native to a land where the Thanksgiving holiday is not celebrated, taught Dawg. among other things, how to cook French-style thereby providing me with an escape for life at age 29 from marrying some Southern Belle and spending the rest of my life sneaking white lightnin´ from a jug out on the back 40 behind the barn and noshing on hominy grits, turnip greens, cornpone and sugar-laden sweet tea ad nauseum.

Last edited by hound dog on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:33 pm

E-raq wrote:

Note to Seis, beaver may also be addictive .....

Beaver addiction has brought many a man to his knees.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:49 pm

[quote="seisdedos"]
E-raq wrote:

Note to Seis, beaver may also be addictive .....

Beaver addiction has brought many a man to his knees.[/quote

Indeed it has, for which we women shall remain eternally grateful. In a continual state of thanksgiving so to speak. Canadian women that is, I can't speak for my learned American compatriots. My suspicion however, is that they too greatly appreciate this salient fact.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Dawg´s friend e-raq writes (in rejoinder to my above slight of Tim Horton´s "watered-down" coffee:

" Dawg, Tim Hortons do not water down their coffee. They add extra caffeine, an addictive substance which accounts for at least one Timmy's on every corner. "

Now, e-raq, as I know you ro be a knowledgable chef, I also know that you know what we both know and that is that caffeine adds no flavor to coffee nor does it add robustness nor complexity to the brew. Rather, its primary function is to transform countless commuters into dysfunctional, hyper, stoned freeway menaces. As one who commuted for years over both the the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges into San Francisco, I assure you I am aware of the importance of the caffeine high not only in aiding commuters in getting to their workplaces but in helping them tolerate those weinies they have to spend the better part of the approaching day with when they actually get there. I do not, however, doubt that Tim´s injects additional caffeine to their coffee which they brag on TV commercials is never more that 20 minutes from brewing when ordered any time of day.

Actually, Dawg has never been in a Tim Horton´s joint and, has only spent two days in Canada (Vancouver and Victoria, BC) in my whole life and that was in 1966. I fled that province and returned to the U.S. when I found out that in those days you could not buy an alcoholic beverage in BC on a Sunday. I just assumed, in my posting, that Canadian fast food chains generally serve weak coffee as they do in the U.S. and Mexico. I´ll admit that that was an unfair assumption.

The first real cup of coffee I ever tasted was in Paris, also in 1966, when I tried my first cup of what the the French call "cafe express", known hereabouts as "espresso". I immediately fell in love with that stuff and found the only way to improve it was not to add caffeine but cognac. As I later discovered, cafe express has less caffeine by volume than does regular brewed coffee so I took to rectifying this situation by adding more cognac, Irish Whisky or calvados. This last solution does not work so well when one is commuting.

By the way, cognac infused cafe express with snatches of beaver is the French version of tapas.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:37 pm

hound dog wrote:Dawg´s friend e-raq writes (in rejoinder to my above slight of Tim Horton´s "watered-down" coffee:

" Dawg, Tim Hortons do not water down their coffee. They add extra caffeine, an addictive substance which accounts for at least one Timmy's on every corner. "

Now, e-raq, as I know you ro be a knowledgable chef, I also know that you know what we both know and that is that caffeine adds no flavor to coffee nor does it add robustness nor complexity to the brew. Rather, its primary function is to transform countless commuters into dysfunctional, hyper, stoned freeway menaces. As one who commuted for years over both the the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges into San Francisco, I assure you I am aware of the importance of the caffeine high not only in aiding commuters in getting to their workplaces but in helping them tolerate those weinies they have to spend the better part of the approaching day with when they actually get there. I do not, however, doubt that Tim´s injects additional caffeine to their coffee which they brag on TV commercials is never more that 20 minutes from brewing when ordered any time of day.

Actually, Dawg has never been in a Tim Horton´s joint and, has only spent two days in Canada (Vancouver and Victoria, BC) in my whole life and that was in 1966. I fled that province and returned to the U.S. when I found out that in those days you could not buy an alcoholic beverage in BC on a Sunday. I just assumed, in my posting, that Canadian fast food chains generally serve weak coffee as they do in the U.S. and Mexico. I´ll admit that that was an unfair assumption.

The first real cup of coffee I ever tasted was in Paris, also in 1966, when I tried my first cup of what the the French call "cafe express", known hereabouts as "espresso". I immediately fell in love with that stuff and found the only way to improve it was not to add caffeine but cognac. As I later discovered, cafe express has less caffeine by volume than does regular brewed coffee so I took to rectifying this situation by adding more cognac, Irish Whisky or calvados. This last solution does not work so well when one is commuting.

By the way, cognac infused cafe express with snatches of beaver is the French version of tapas.

Dear Dawg, many thanks for your more than astute observations. Just made my day in fact, and also that of my better half, who would be in complete agreement with the french version of tapas. He did ask that I add, also for your amusement, that Canadians filter their coffee with very fine beaver fur.
I also was in Paris in 1966, small world, observing my dear departed father, wee David, as he made a bit of a spectacle of himself at the Folies Bergere, much to my disgust of my mother. Frankly I thought it was just great.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:23 pm

seisdedos wrote:
viajero wrote:

ROTFLMAO! A sus ordenes caballeros. Lo sciento.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Tim Horton's of Canada is a wannabe Dunkin' Donuts of America. Dunkin' Donuts has the best coffee and donuts. All the others are imitations.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:51 am

Dunkin' Donuts sucks.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:50 am

johninajijic wrote:Tim Horton's of Canada is a wannabe Dunkin' Donuts of America. Dunkin' Donuts has the best coffee and donuts. All the others are imitations.

What you fail to realize is that most people in Canada are Happy with who they are and don't strive to 'Wannabe' anybody else, especially anybody from the USA.

Dunkin' Donuts has a few places in Canada and has very Good Coffee.

However, it would be hard to find one in ten Canadians who prefer DD to Tim Horton's.

There are only 3000 Tim Horton locations in Canada for the 30 million people. That is why there are line ups everyday for their coffee and donuts. LOL

Are you going on one of the Thanksgiving Beach Trips? - Page 2 850219
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:05 am

Damn, Canadians getting all riled up over fricking donuts.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:07 am

Naw, it's the coffee. LOL
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:09 am

John this is so typical you. I truly don't understand how you could read the above title and believe it was meant only for Americans.

You do know that Canadians have Thanksgiving as well and also go to the beach don't you? Well maybe not. To some John today is Columbus Day to others, well some of us are going to have turkey. Happy Thanksgiving John.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 am

MexicoPete wrote:

John this is so typical you. I truly don't understand how you could read the above title and believe it was meant only for Americans.

You do know that Canadians have Thanksgiving as well and also go to the beach don't you? Well maybe not. To some John today is Columbus Day to others, well some of us are going to have turkey. Happy Thanksgiving John.

Pete - I don't know why you didn't understand that it was about American Thanksgiving. It was meant for Americans because that's the time the travel agencies off bus tours to the beaches. Do the travel agencies offer bus trips to the beach on Canadian Thanksgiving? Have a happy gobble, gobble day. Don't eat too much.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 am

seisdedos wrote:Damn, Canadians getting all riled up over fricking donuts.

It wasn't the donuts, it was John's carte blanche statement...so I dished it back.
Dunkin' Donuts and Tim Horton's are franchises. Their popularity depends on whether the franchise owners stay true to the "formula" or cut corners. I've been in both franchises in different locations...sometimes the coffee is great and sometimes it's not. Franchises that cut corners or offer stale or watered down coffee go out of business...and I don't care whether it's Tim's or Dunkin' Donuts.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 am

ferret wrote:Dunkin' Donuts sucks.

Why did you say this? Dunkin Donuts is one of the most successful franchises in the US.

Everyone I know loves their coffee and donuts. I have never had a bad cup of coffee or donut in any Dunkin Donuts. What other donut franchises are there that could ever come close? Not Tim Horton's!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next