INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for motorcycle parts, accessories, and riding apparel in Guadalajara

+4
kiko
farndale
albertrv
Pogo
8 posters

Go down

Looking for motorcycle parts, accessories, and riding apparel in Guadalajara Empty Looking for motorcycle parts, accessories, and riding apparel in Guadalajara

Post by Pogo Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Is there a "zone" or a shopping area for motorcycle parts and accessories as there is for car parts and accessories? I need a new helmet. Also a new jacket for riding in hot weather. If there is not a shopping area, can anyone recommend a shop or a dealership that has good selection and affordable prices? Thanks in advance.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for motorcycle parts, accessories, and riding apparel in Guadalajara Empty Re: Looking for motorcycle parts, accessories, and riding apparel in Guadalajara

Post by albertrv Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Depends of course what type of parts and accessories you are looking for but in general I have found the selection lousy and the price double what you're used to. I buy just about everything for my two bikes online with USPS International mail to my PO Box. If they won't put it in the mail they don't get my order. My latest example was a front tire. Including the mailing I saved close to 150 bucks.

IBA#3006
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for motorcycle parts, accessories, and riding apparel in Guadalajara Empty Re: Looking for motorcycle parts, accessories, and riding apparel in Guadalajara

Post by farndale Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Any change in peoples' opinion on this topic? Still best to buy NoB? Or retailers in Guad?
farndale
farndale

Humor : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:03 pm

I don't know what you are looking for but I am familiar with the moto shops in Guadalajara. Yes most motorcycle accessories will be cheaper NOB. When I travel NOB I bring the expensive small parts back with me. Tires, etc I tend to buy in Guad.

If you need help, then pm me.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:47 pm

The serious bikers I know all buy from online stores in the US and have it brought down or shipped.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:36 pm

Farndale : I'm heading down to Joco in September and a biker as well.  I don't mind bringing something down for you.. Just let me know.
Woody
Woody
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Satire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:11 am

Ezzie wrote:The serious bikers I know all buy from online stores in the US and have it brought down or shipped.  
this somewhat serious biker gets parts from real sources directly in the us,canada, uk. the only thing i ever got online was a seat on e-bay from india. either brought by friends, mailed or couriered. oh wait a minute i did buy a jacket on e-bay which was mailed to a friend in texas and he mailed it to my wife at a hotel in vegas.
the parts i needed to rebuild my gearbox, came from abq,nm[a long time supplier] and a bushing made by al young right here in chapala.
yes it's a 1953 beezer.
Looking for motorcycle parts, accessories, and riding apparel in Guadalajara Fixing10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:17 pm

Nice ride Pedro .. right side shift .. correct ?
Woody
Woody
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Pedro, I have seen you and your beauty on the road. Is this a photo from back when you were still putting it together? And where did you get that lift? Is it a local source, or did you bring it down?

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:20 pm

I have seen those lifts here in Guadalajara at Costco.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Whoa! Great good news. Thanks, Bob.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:00 pm

Woody wrote:Nice ride Pedro .. right side shift .. correct ?
as all older brit bikes are woody.. the new triumphs aren't but i don't know about the nortons they started making again last year. oh and the royal enfields out of india have also switched sides so to speak.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by farndale Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:37 am

Thanks for answers to my questions, guys. I'll be moving to Ajijic in July. Will bring personal gear with me. Will buy a bike in fall, and then will look for riding companions.
farndale
farndale

Humor : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:16 am

farndale wrote:Thanks for answers to my questions, guys. I'll be moving to Ajijic in July. Will bring personal gear with me. Will buy a bike in fall, and then will look for riding companions.
you can find mc los ocultos and friends every sunday under the tree across from the church in chapala late afternoon when it gets too hot and earlier on the sidewalk south of the church en la oficina.
Looking for motorcycle parts, accessories, and riding apparel in Guadalajara Los_oc10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:53 am

Pedro wrote:
Woody wrote:Nice ride Pedro .. right side shift .. correct ?
as all older brit bikes are woody.. the new triumphs aren't but i don't know about the nortons they started making again last year. oh and the royal enfields out of india have also switched sides so to speak.

Right on Pedro.. My '74 T160 Trident had left side shift standard from factory. I can ride either way but of course grew up on mostly left shifters. I'm a big fan of TRIPLES and love that sound. The MV Agusta being my favorite.  I turned wrenches at a bike shop in the '70s that carried the Berliner Motor lines.. We sold Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Norton, and Zündapp,
Woody
Woody
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 am

If you turn wrenches on old British bikes then Pedro has a new best friend.......... Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down