INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Requestiong recommendation for a good local beautician

+9
Guiness
Grizzy
Carry Bean
angela04101
Hensley
Jim W
johninajijic
wheels
CanuckBob
13 posters

Go down

Requestiong recommendation for a good local beautician Empty Requestiong recommendation for a good local beautician

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:44 am

Do any of the ladies on this board have a recommendation on a good local beautician? Both Vela and I are looking for someone skilled in cutting and dying hair, seeing she has moved to Ajijic her beautician is to far away now.

Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Requestiong recommendation for a good local beautician Empty Re: Requestiong recommendation for a good local beautician

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:54 am

You can try "Hair by Sasha". She has a banner ad at the top of this forum or the footer link at the bottom of the page. Click on either and you will be directed to her website. She is located in Chapala.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Requestiong recommendation for a good local beautician Empty Re: Requestiong recommendation for a good local beautician

Post by wheels Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 pm

She is going on vacation any day and will return on October 11th. She is very good

wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Yoly's in the Bugambillia Plaza next to Salvador's restaurant is very good. Make an appointment with Yoly or Carmelita. She does men's cuts too, along with manicures and pedicures. She's been here 16 years.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:54 pm

johninajijic wrote:Yoly's in the Bugambillia Plaza next to Salvador's restaurant is very good. Make an appointment with Yoly or Carmelita. She does men's cuts too, along with manicures and pedicures. She's been here 16 years.

Kinda scarey....does she do your hair John? ROLMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Jim W wrote:
johninajijic wrote:Yoly's in the Bugambillia Plaza next to Salvador's restaurant is very good. Make an appointment with Yoly or Carmelita. She does men's cuts too, along with manicures and pedicures. She's been here 16 years.

Kinda scarey....does she do your hair John? ROLMAO

I guess that's just a wise crack so I won't take you serious.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:18 am

I second Sasha in Chapala.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by angela04101 Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Check out Chrissy at Gloriosa salon - in same mall as Lake Taco. Excellent cutter and stylist. Probably true of color too.

angela04101

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Ditto on Chrissy. I've heard very good things about her coloring from friends.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Love Chrissy at Gloriosa. She listens to what you want. A rare commodity here from my experience. Great shampoo's too! A real massage not just a rinse and rub.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:12 pm

Thanks to all, I just got my internet back after being down a couple weeks. Still need to get my hair cut again though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:10 am

Chrissy is great - cut and highlights with the best shampoo around! She is new here and anxious to build a clientelle - she will take good care of you and your locks!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:18 am

We have told you who to go to in Chapala and you should go to Sasha 765-2223 call for an appt.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 am

Go to Yoly's at Bugaimbillas Plaza. There's a reason why she is the busiest salon at Lakeside. It's experience. 30 years working in a salon and 16 years Lakeside. None of these others are as experienced and they're new by comparison. 766 2260
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HairBySasha Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:05 pm

johninajijic wrote:Go to Yoly's at Bugaimbillas Plaza. There's a reason why she is the busiest salon at Lakeside. It's experience. 30 years working in a salon and 16 years Lakeside. None of these others are as experienced and they're new by comparison. 766 2260

I have 17 years experience working in a salon, and have been here 2 years. I am younger, but I have experience and I do not have any plans on ever leaving the area. Or retiring any time soon. I am working my way towards citizenship. I pay my taxes and take part in my community. I also offer completely private appointments. When it is your appointment time, it is yours. You will never have to wait, or have someone waiting while you are having your hair done. I keep a busy schedule.

There are a lot of great stylists lakeside. Not any specific one is the best for everyone. There is someone who will be good for each individual, depending on what they are looking for, etc. I personally love my clientele. I look forward to their visits, and thus I thoroughly enjoy my job.

HairBySasha

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:08 pm

I wonder who Fearless Bob uses... get a cut and a polish...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:30 pm

HairBySasha wrote:
johninajijic wrote:Go to Yoly's at Bugaimbillas Plaza. There's a reason why she is the busiest salon at Lakeside. It's experience. 30 years working in a salon and 16 years Lakeside. None of these others are as experienced and they're new by comparison. 766 2260

I have 17 years experience working in a salon, and have been here 2 years. I am younger, but I have experience and I do not have any plans on ever leaving the area. Or retiring any time soon. I am working my way towards citizenship. I pay my taxes and take part in my community. I also offer completely private appointments. When it is your appointment time, it is yours. You will never have to wait, or have someone waiting while you are having your hair done. I keep a busy schedule.

There are a lot of great stylists lakeside. Not any specific one is the best for everyone. There is someone who will be good for each individual, depending on what they are looking for, etc. I personally love my clientele. I look forward to their visits, and thus I thoroughly enjoy my job.

I did not intend to offend you. As does Yoly whom I recommended. She was born in Mexico, worked in a classy Salon in Chicago. Her brother lives there and didn't want her to leave. She has two great kids, one college educated, the other working. She is President of the Chamber of Commerce in Riberas. She has a heart of gold helping as many poor Mexicans as possible. She works ridiculously long hours and loves all her clients. I tell her to take some time off coz she works too damn hard. She is one of the most "real" people I have met in Mexico.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm

hockables wrote:I wonder who Fearless Bob uses... get a cut and a polish...

I've heard he uses Meguiar's car wax. It won't wash off. ROTLMAO
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by wheels Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:56 pm

it is too chaotic to go to Yoly's.
Been there and done that, no more

go to Shasa's. does excellent haircut etc.

wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:37 am

I went there once and never again, they send you back to shampoo before the hairdresser sees you and they have no idea what you looked like, after my haircut I was so embarrassed I could not leave the house for 2 weeks, my bangs were so short since I have curly hair. At least with Sasha you get a good consultation.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:22 am

Another curly haired vote for Sasha!
I have been very pleased with the professionalism and excellent listening abilities that Sasha exhibits.
Not to take away from many of the local beauticians but an ability to communicate clearly when it's your hair is a plus for me with my limited spanish.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rosie&sam Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:07 pm

john, the question was who does the best work. not who gives to charity. yolis floor is full of hair, they use a wet mop near your feet, the place smells of take outs, the help is unprofessional & loud, people walk in off the streets begging for $$, selling things, (very "classy john", your backround is showing). yoli may be a nice person, but thats it.

rosie&sam
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down