INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

+26
espíritu del lago
Zedinmexico
Parker
conbtrarian
Ms Mac
E-raq
ferret
kipissippi
Trailrunner
Jim W
Carry Bean
hockables
hound dog
joec
gringal
camillenparadise
MyHomeSweetHome
seisdedos
Axixic
angela04101
CheenaGringo
Hensley
viajero
lucky
CanuckBob
johninajijic
30 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside Empty Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

Post by johninajijic Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:41 am

AJIJIC
Early Bird Cafe
60's in Paradise
Roberto's (Terraces) - owner's dog sometimes runs lose
Pranzo in La Floresta (Terrace / Outdoor spaces)
Yves
Tabarka
El Jardin on Ajijic plaza
Gossip Cafe
Salvadors next to El Torito (outside)
The Peacock Garden in Ajijic
Min Wah
Los Molletes
La Una
The Score in west Ajijic - owner's dog sometimes runs loose
Super Burrito on Encarnacion Rosas (between Go and Min Wah)
Jasmine's Classic India (yard in the back and tables at the front of restaurant)
Lake Taco north of Walmart
Lake Chapala Society

SAN ANTONIO
Panino
Marios in San Antonio (back patio)
Sunrise (Only the very front table at the entrance)
Baya Bistro

RIBERAS
Brisas-in Riberas east of Mom's on the north side of the carretera next to a wicker furniture store.

CHAPALA
Cozumel in Chapala - end of the malecon
Petrita in Chapala (East of the yacht club, good molcahete & right on the waterfront)
Cenaduria Elba in Chapala (NE corner of Zaragoza & Lopez Cotilla)
El Patio in Chapala (Back patio / Terrace)
American Legion - outdoor tables

SAN JUAN COSALA
Some of the waterfront places in San Juan Cosala (not including the newest fanciest one)

SAN JUAN TEC
Focaccia pizza / pasta / in San Juan Tec. east of Vista del Lago
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside Empty Re: Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:58 am

I am surprised the Peacock Garden would allow dogs in there considering they have peacocks and chickens walking around.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside Empty Re: Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

Post by johninajijic Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:23 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I am surprised the Peacock Garden would allow dogs in there considering they have peacocks and chickens walking around.

Maybe that one should be scratched out. I got this from TOB, but then rearrange it by town to be easier to read.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:15 pm

John, thanks for sending out this list of places that I can avoid since I'm terrified of dogs, having been bitten badly three times by dogs, once here at Lake Chapala.

And as an anthropologist, I'm always fascinated by the rationale behind people's need to take their dogs to restaurants with them. I truly do not understand it, particularly in an area where most gringos don't work so they have all kinds of time to spend with their pets.

Perhaps you can enlighten me?

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:44 pm

In Guadalajara you don't see people taking their dogs to restaurants,I guess it's a gringo thing.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:49 pm

viajero wrote:In Guadalajara you don't see people taking their dogs to restaurants,I guess it's a gringo thing.

Or is it that either the restaurants don't allow dogs or the restaurants are more classy or the Mexicans are more classy than old Gringos?? Many people dress a helluva lot nicer in GDL too.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:21 am

Sunrise will not let you keep your dog by any tables you have to tie them to the door in the lower dining area.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:57 am

We can tell you that during our visit to Puebla, we spotted many Mexicans with their dogs in the many sidewalk cafes or restaurants that surround the Zocalo. On the designated Sunday family day in centro many streets were closed to vehicles and families including their dogs took advantage of the opportunity to enjoy a nice day.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by angela04101 Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:41 pm

It's about love and companionship, and it's a pleasure to be able to bring your best friend with you to a restaurant. Obviously, if it's a well-mannered, well-groomed dog - and owner. As for "class" (read "money"), you should check out Los Angeles for classy, dressed up owners and their equally dressed up pooches and high-end restaurants these days.

angela04101

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:12 pm

lucky wrote:I'm always fascinated by the rationale behind people's need to take their dogs to restaurants with them. I truly do not understand it, particularly in an area where most gringos don't work so they have all kinds of time to spend with their pets.

Look at Paris - people take their dogs everywhere with them (or did, when I was last there in the 80s). Not the tourists, of course - few travel with their pets (though some do) but locals. It was almost a joke amongst us how often we saw a cab with a poodle or other companion animal firmly ensconced in the front passenger seat.

In my own case, more often than not it is a matter of convenience. We're going to take a walk on the Malecon or somewhere then stop for a meal so we take the dog along.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Axixic wrote:
lucky wrote:I'm always fascinated by the rationale behind people's need to take their dogs to restaurants with them. I truly do not understand it, particularly in an area where most gringos don't work so they have all kinds of time to spend with their pets.

Look at Paris - people take their dogs everywhere with them (or did, when I was last there in the 80s). Not the tourists, of course - few travel with their pets (though some do) but locals. It was almost a joke amongst us how often we saw a cab with a poodle or other companion animal firmly ensconced in the front passenger seat.

We just returned from Italy and it was the same. Restaurants, stores and many other public venues were for the most part dog friendly.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Can this be made a sticky plz :)

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by camillenparadise Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:26 pm

SweetPea has enjoyed Peacock Garden many times, but she is small, perfectly behaved, and on a leash at all times. I presume this is the type dog we are talking about being in public. I have loved some big-dog pups with all my heart, but in a restaurant? No, IMO, just the mature, educated guys.

camillenparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:48 pm

I am assuming that among those who feel the need to take their dog to a restaurant, the dogs are either (a)wearing diapers or (b) not sitting on the seat.
That's my big gripe. The other is the unleashed ones who don't sit under the table as they are expected to do in Europe, etc., but wander around and annoy other diners. Otherwise, I don't much care.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:04 pm

gringal wrote:I am assuming that among those who feel the need to take their dog to a restaurant, the dogs are either (a)wearing diapers or (b) not sitting on the seat.
That's my big gripe. The other is the unleashed ones who don't sit under the table as they are expected to do in Europe, etc., but wander around and annoy other diners. Otherwise, I don't much care.

Anyone who does not have their dog on a leash when entering should be told to put the dog on a leash, but if the owner forgot the leash, don't allow them in. No one wants a dog wandering around smelling crotches.

Further, no dog should sit on a seat cushion.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:14 pm

It would seem that many of the same people that have that "perfect pet" also have "perfect children or perfect grandchildren"? I have always been a very large dog person and reflecting back on my St. Bernard or Old English Sheepdog or Giant Poodle ownership, I can only imagine taking one of them on a leash to one of the restaurants with outside seating that didn't require entry through the main body of the restaurant. Otherwise, they would stay in the car if cool enough or stay home.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:02 pm

[quote="gringal"]I am assuming that among those who feel the need to take their dog to a restaurant, the dogs are either (a)wearing diapers or (b) not sitting on the seat.
That's my big gripe. The other is the unleashed ones who don't sit under the table as they are expected to do in Europe, etc., but wander around and annoy other diners. Otherwise, I don't much care.[/quote]

"...the unleashed ones who don´t sit under a table as they are expected to do in Europe...." my ass. Dogs in France have the run of the house and the street and the restaurant(s). Their shit is ubiquitous on sidewalks in major metropolitan areas and no one would stoop to scoop it up. Sometimes these piles sit on sidewalks so long they take on the air of decomposing public monuments.

One of my favorite moments in France was when we were enjoying dinner al fresco in a cafe in Marseilles in the 1980s and this mut, who was sitting under the table of his mistress, sauntered over to my table several tables away at the edge of the dining area and proceeded to take a dump at my feet as I was enjoying my meal. I kicked that litte sumbitch so hard he flew half way to La Rose but when I looked directly at his mistress in an irritable manner, she had not seen a thing and ignored me which is the French way of handling these indiscretions generally speaking.

The French are the most irresponsible dog owners I have encountered over the years. Let´s not compare Mexico with France. Perhaps you were speaking of some other part of Europe with which I am unfamliar.

By the way; I take my dog to restaurants at Lakeside and in San Cristóbal on occasion and he is always on a leash and calmly sitting at my feet. I would never allow him to pester anyone even for a moment.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:23 pm

well...damn.it Dawg... you just answered my question... which was to be

What would be Proper Etiquette should Doggy do Do-Do on the floor?

Does one reach into one's pocket for the handy glad bag to scoop up said Do-Do and store it in pocket till later?
Does one put down one's cutlery and call out " Oh Garcon " ?
Does one simply ignore said Do-Do... allowing for the possibility of Garcon skidding past with your soup?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:05 pm

If your dog needs to go do-do take em on a walk away from the table...my bad manners.

My doggie is in a pet purse. Researching some of the more luxurious pet carriers, as I'm having one made, I noticed that some of the nicer bags have discreet poop bag holders..being we're not in New York, and most decent doggie purse/carriers are not available in Mexico, it's easy to take your pet anywhere unnoticed. Still, it's nice to know where they are definitely allowed or if you must discreetly enter.

Regarding leashes, our large breeds are perfectly trained and socialized off leash. Where ever we put them, they must obey and stay. If a dog owner hasn't taken the time to properly socialize their dog, it's better to leave them at home or keep them on a leash away from people they could potentially bother. In the seat at a restaurant, gaw, that's not sanitary. The baby I'm toting is really quiet. This afternoon, he was in his purse hanging on the back of my chair. I made sure I sat in the furthest corner away from any other customers. He wasn't noticed by anyone. When he made a few peeps, I let him know I was there and he went back to sleep. Dogs can certainly hold it, having to relieve themselves at a dining table would only happen if they were being fed scraps or didn't have an opportunity to go before arriving.

Discreet Dog Purse/Carrier

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:08 am

Gives a whole new meaning to the term " Doggy Bag "

I don't give a shit if'n your dog is in the joint... as long as it isn't eat'n off my plate...
get yer own.... Ggrrrrr
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:27 am

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside Snapshot110-25-20121-33PM

I'll take a pack of dogs over this seen at breakfast at Sunrise.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:00 am

Ouch.......jajajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:41 am

AHHHH, she gives Plumbers all over the world a bad rap!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:33 am

Carry Bean wrote:Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside Snapshot110-25-20121-33PM

I'll take a pack of dogs over this seen at breakfast at Sunrise.

Shocked There isn't a little doggy in there... Is there? Shocked
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:39 am

This is exactly the same vista PurplePatty and I had at the Mario's swarm!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next