INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Satellite System and TV Brand would you Purchase in the US?

+6
MexicoPete
Jim W
espĂ­ritu del lago
cosalamx
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Satellite System and TV Brand would you Purchase in the US? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Satellite System and TV Brand would you Purchase in the US?

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:53 pm

johninajijic wrote:Zed - Iwas asking about the Convergence chips because I had 2 of mine replaced in my Sony 57" projection TV last year by HIGHLY qualified Sony technician at Sony Repair Shop on Avenue Guadalupe.

We knew what it was. Two guys came, one a helper. The main guy whizzed the scerws out of the back of the set with electric screwdriver, unplugged one of the large boards in the way, plugged in this mini soldering iron, unscrewed one more board. Then he waited for the iron to heat, touched each of the approx 20 pins and used a solder sucker to remove the solder in both chips. He carefully examined the new chips aligning pins as necessary, plugged them in, soldered both sets. Put the back on the TV in less than 1 hour. I was amazed. $ 2,200 pesos and the picture was better than ever. Well worthwhile in my book.

Sony Repair Shop
850 Avenue Guadalupe
Best shop for repair and best TV prices.

Not an issue John. LCD TV's are not projection TVs.
Much different creatures nothing to converge.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What Satellite System and TV Brand would you Purchase in the US? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Satellite System and TV Brand would you Purchase in the US?

Post by MexicoPete Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:57 pm

I thought you were going to get an Apple TV Juan
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Age old repeating downturn in retail when a retailer thinks they know it all and forget service on the floor and customer service taking care of customer issues. Because of these prevailing attitudes and the pressure to cut costs, it is rare that one can find a sales person who knows a damned thing. The Geek Squad is a joke and they are cutting their staffing in many locations. Many consumers are researching equipment at Best Buy and then purchasing online or at Costco at better prices and with better warranties. Costco even offers a service whereby one can extend the warranty on TV's, Projectors and Computers to two years.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:18 pm

MexicoPete wrote:I thought you were going to get an Apple TV Juan

Pete, I don't know what an Apple TV is or that they were out yet. Anyway, I'll look it up, but it;s only moneyed people like you who buy Apple. Their products are good.

Keep buying Apple, you're making my stock climb every day!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:30 pm

I think Direct TV is so much better than Dish and we have used both. Direct has more options and better service for the money. We never have problems with this dish either. For me, any TV that is Japanese made is better.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:22 pm

John, I've got connections, you know that. You checked me out. I can get you a big Apple TV dirt cheap in the US, you know my connections with Apple. You know I can get you one for about $100 US plus tax. But you will have to pay for the shipping. But in the US once you move, you won't have to pay for the shipping which means only about $100 US plus tax

How big a one do you want John?
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:58 pm

MexicoPete wrote:John, I've got connections, you know that. You checked me out. I can get you a big Apple TV dirt cheap in the US, you know my connections with Apple. You know I can get you one for about $100 US plus tax. But you will have to pay for the shipping. But in the US once you move, you won't have to pay for the shipping which means only about $100 US plus tax

How big a one do you want John?

Pete, just looked at them on Apple's site. What a waste of money. Who would want a 3.9 inch screen? I'll stick with an LED 52 inch TV.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:09 am

What are you talking about John? An apple TV doesn't have a screen. Surely you know what one is. Well then again, maybe you don't. I keep on forgetting who I'm dealing with.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:50 am

Aside from the jousting over the Apple TV, here is an article which speculates just what is going on with the Apple TV development: http://www.retrevo.com/content/blog/2012/09/what-we-know-about-apple-television?cmpid=Email

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:24 pm

What a great offer MexicoPete. Anyone should leap at your Apple TV offer. It's been the heart and soul of our entertainment system for 2+ years. It may even have saved our marriage. My movie, HBO, Netflix junky wife is blissed out with all the content. She's become a savvy downloader. I think she has more than a thousand titles stored, with a few faux pas. Dr. Strangelove has become Dr. Strangeglove. LOL
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:15 am

borderreiver wrote:What a great offer MexicoPete. Anyone should leap at your Apple TV offer. It's been the heart and soul of our entertainment system for 2+ years. It may even have saved our marriage. My movie, HBO, Netflix junky wife is blissed out with all the content. She's become a savvy downloader. I think she has more than a thousand titles stored, with a few faux pas. Dr. Strangelove has become Dr. Strangeglove. LOL

It's loved by many of us. My closest Apple Store in your area is just south of you in what I now call RichMan. I used to often fly out of there for my annual 2 to 3 week summer visit I used to make to Lake Chapala. These days I'm down there closer to 8 months of the year and usually fly out of SeaTac south of Seattle. Now I more often go to an Apple Store across the parking lot from the Windows store in Seattle's University Village.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2