INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDTV QUALITY @ LAKESIDE

+14
MexicoPete
ComputerGuy
borderreiver
ferret
David
viajero
arbon
johninajijic
hockables
E-raq
Mainecoons
Zedinmexico
hound dog
Jim W
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

HDTV QUALITY @ LAKESIDE - Page 3 Empty Re: HDTV QUALITY @ LAKESIDE

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:18 pm

The newer Shaw boxes (600 series) have an improved Guide, although not nearly what they promised us during the five years prior to its release. Now we have three screens of info instead of one; this would be good if they were full of info. Ha. You have to skip to the second screen to see the actors, and the third screen to see the date of release/first air date. And generally speaking, there is no more information available than there ever was about program content.

They were supposed to have included episode number and production dates for TV shows, and a serious block of information about the show or movie, along with much more detailed production information. Stuff that is easily available from the company the provides the guide info in the first place.

ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks for the warnings, Neil. I shall be cancelling various options before the three months trial period is up and Jim I only know that you need at least a 2.4 meter size dish, which is about 8 feet in diameter. Now because my system is for my Seattle Condo, I am getting spot beams for Seattle which will not be watchable more than a couple hundreds miles from here (Seattle)

So I understand that I won't get any of the network stations lakeside unless I get them over Shaw Direct. There are some network stations viewable lakeside via DirecTV if you choose the right area for your address. But I have to use my Seattle address.

I guess I'm lucky or maybe unlucky. because as part owner of a very primitive cottage in BC I pay for the Shaw account. And I'm the only owner who doesn't have cable at home. So I'm a Shaw Direct Snowbird and here in Seattle whether I'm here or not I have to pay for my TV which will no longer be Comcast cable but DirecTV. So I will have access to both systems, and nowhere is anyone stacking or breaking the sharing rule
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:30 pm

Pete:

You may also check to see what Direct TV programming you can access through your computer. With Dish, I can access quite a bit and I did a very quick check when we were down in Mexico and it allowed me access down there. The only problem that I ran into was the wireless speed at some hotels and besides, I was enjoying myself SOB and wasn't all that interested with what was happening at home. I also checked on access to our streaming available from Amazon and there was no blockage of our NOB account on my laptop and that surprised me!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:35 pm

HelperGuy wrote:The newer Shaw boxes (600 series) have an improved Guide, although not nearly what they promised us during the five years prior to its release. Now we have three screens of info instead of one; this would be good if they were full of info. Ha. You have to skip to the second screen to see the actors, and the third screen to see the date of release/first air date. And generally speaking, there is no more information available than there ever was about program content.

They were supposed to have included episode number and production dates for TV shows, and a serious block of information about the show or movie, along with much more detailed production information. Stuff that is easily available from the company the provides the guide info in the first place.

The last generation Shaw recievers had too little memory in them
thus the simplistic guide. Glad to hear they fixed this in the 600
series.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content