INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not this shit again... Narcoblockades

+18
Ricardo
manymoonsago
slainte39
CheenaGringo
juanrey
Trailrunner
Big Daddy Mexico
Rosa Venus
Jim W
simpsca
viajero
johninajijic
Traveller
Southbound
plumlake
E-raq
Mad_Max
Intercasa
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Not this shit again... Narcoblockades - Page 2 Empty Re: Not this shit again... Narcoblockades

Post by Ricardo Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Almost simultaneously with the start of the blockades the army killed six New Generation Cartel sicarios in Tonaya, in western Jalisco, and seized grenade launchers and other weapons.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/866447.html?utm_source=-&utm_medium=-

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Not this shit again... Narcoblockades - Page 2 Empty Re: Not this shit again... Narcoblockades

Post by seisdedos Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Ricardo wrote:Almost simultaneously with the start of the blockades the army killed six New Generation Cartel sicarios in Tonaya, in western Jalisco, and seized grenade launchers and other weapons.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/866447.html?utm_source=-&utm_medium=-

It was the Policía Federal.

For those that have never been to Tonaya or the surrounding area it is near some of the most desolate parts of Jalisco. We used to drive that route on occasion coming back from the beach, though El Grullo and over to San Gabriel and then from there to Tapalpa. I think this past October was the last time. And it probably will be the last time. A few months ago there were bodies tossed along the road from San Gabriel to Tapalpa.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:08 pm

manymoonsago wrote:I take it that most folks have no memory of those bygone days of "Summer in the City" -- Detroit, New York, LA, Chicago, D.C. -- "Burn, Baby, Burn!" and all that.

I sure do. Grew up in Windsor Ontario when Detriot riots were going on. We use to go down to the river at night and watch the Detroit across burn. Horrible.

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Right on top of things as per usual:

United States Consulate General Guadalajara
PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO
AS MANY AMERICAN CITIZENS AS POSSIBLE

Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens:

Heightened Alert Status in
Jalisco and
Colima

Date: August 26, 2012
BEGIN TEXT.

The State of Jalisco continues to maintain a heightened alert status in response to recent illegal blockades. The U.S. Consulate General in Guadalajara has advised its employees to stay close to home, avoid intercity travel, and continue to follow the local media for additional information. At this time, U.S. Government employees have also been advised to take extra precautions when travelling to/from the airport in Guadalajara. The Consulate recommends that all American citizens take similar precautions and be vigilant to news reports regarding events in the states of Jalisco and Colima until the situation returns to normal.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Well now, that's a big help! Sure wish I had thought of those clever ideas!
Yeesh.

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:20 pm

Guiness wrote:
manymoonsago wrote:I take it that most folks have no memory of those bygone days of "Summer in the City" -- Detroit, New York, LA, Chicago, D.C. -- "Burn, Baby, Burn!" and all that.

I sure do. Grew up in Windsor Ontario when Detriot riots were going on. We use to go down to the river at night and watch the Detroit across burn. Horrible.

I watched Los Angeles burn during the Rodney King riots. Had a great view from the San Pedro hills. Scary as hell.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Guiness wrote:

And I was there while it happened, I grew up in Detroit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:56 pm

I remember sitting in a China Town San Fransisco restaurant during the China Town gang riots in the late 70's...... gunfire heard throughout dinner....Shit happens everywhere.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by binky Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:16 pm

DC, 1968. U Street corridor. Lasted 5 days; took over 3 decades to rebuild. In the shadow of the White House.
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:21 pm

gringal wrote:

I watched Los Angeles burn during the Rodney King riots. Had a great view from the San Pedro hills.
The view wasn't as good from the San Pedro flats.
RPV or PV?It's a small world, eh gringal. Very Happy
But these narco bloqueos have little in common with the those riots.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:22 pm

I thought this post was about Narcoblockades?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:27 pm

viajero wrote:
gringal wrote:

I watched Los Angeles burn during the Rodney King riots. Had a great view from the San Pedro hills.
The view wasn't as good from the San Pedro flats.
RPV or PV?It's a small world, eh gringal. Very Happy
But these narco bloqueos have little in common with the those riots.
You're right about having little in common except a huge expression of anger.
San Pedro Flats? We were just up the hill, but definitely not PV. lol. Ever try that little breakfast place with the outrageous home made muffins run by a refugee from the old Soviet bloc? Okay...it's off topic. Thirty lashes on me.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:31 pm

johninajijic wrote:I thought this post was about Narcoblockades?

Yes it is. So what do you think about all of those innocent people having the crap scared out of them and their vehicles destroyed seeing as how you have repeatedly posted that drug violence doesn't concern you? That the only people harmed in nthis war are the direct participants?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:05 pm

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/08/chaos-in-guadalajara-as-it-experiences.html

Gunmen created narco blockades blocking highways throughout Guadalajara, Mexico's second biggest city. On Saturday vehicles were set on fire amid a surge in drug-war violence.
Though no official information had been released, information was flowing through Twitter and other social networks. Reports of large groups and convoys of heavily armed masked men were conducting shootings, blockades and terrorizing people throughout Jalisco.
Reports from: Guadalajara, Zapopan, Guzman, Tuxucca, Tlaquepaque, Tonila and Tlajomulco among other cities involved.
Police confirmed seven unauthorized roadblocks constructed with charred, smoldering cars and trucks within the Guadalajara city limits and 15 others in the surrounding Jalisco .
Luis Carlos Najera, police chief for Jalisco state, told reporters "We don't know who is behind this operation," he said. However later is was reported that there was an apprehension of Oceguera Nemesio Cervantes, "El Mencho", alleged leader of the New Generation Jalisco Cartel, which allegedly drove the surge in vehicle crashes and fires committed by members of organized crime in this entity and Colima.

Officials from the Federal Ministry of Public Security (SSP) confirmed that the series of violent acts were due to the arrest of suspected drug trafficker El Mencho who operates in alliance with the Sinaloa cartel led by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.

The agency explained that the capture took place in the town of Tonaya, with the support of five Black Hawk helicopters and one Mi-17. In the operation, six suspected attackers were killed, three injured federal police.

Popout

Guadalajara has not seen the level of drug cartel-related violence as other areas, but similar flaming roadblocks shook the city in early March as military forces successfully sought to arrest a prominent cartel leader.
Jalisco state has been a stronghold of the Sinaloa Cartel since the 1980s, when traffickers first started to use Mexico as a "trampoline" to bounce cocaine into the United States.
It has recently seen an upsurge in violence as Sinaloa Cartel gunmen battle rivals from the Zetas cartel, which is displacing older trafficking groups in many parts of Mexico.

Not this shit again... Narcoblockades - Page 2 640x480_364324+guad+map+of+violence

Interesting comment from a reader coomenting on the thread of this story:

As far as I know no public pictures exist of Mencho. I just learned of the ssp announcement. It may also be worthwhile to mention that Erick Valencia Salazar (el 85) at no point was #1 of CDJNG, it was Mencho who they were after when Erick was arrested. Mencho managed to get away. Mencho was one of Ignacio Coronel's right hand men. After his death he formed CDJNG to fight the new alliance between the Valencia family and la familia who desperately wanted Jalisco. And yes CDJNG is still a cell of CDS. That will never change since Jalisco is a strategic state for drug production and south American drug imports. Sinaloa will never let go of it.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Now they say it wasn't Mencho

Aclara Policía Federal que no fue detenido “El Mencho”

La Policía Federal desmiente que en el operativo realizado el sábado en el sur de Jalisco haya sido detenido el presunto líder del cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generación, Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, alias “El Mencho”.
La Dirección de Comunicación Social de la Policía Federal aclara además que la identificación de los seis presuntos integrantes del grupo delictivo que fallecieron en el enfrentamiento, corresponde al Ministerio Público del estado de Jalisco. (Por Juan Carlos Huerta Vázquez)
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm

So who did they nab in Providencia Friday night?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:06 pm

I don't know, news stories mentioned an operation and then now nothing. They later said they got the Mencho guy and now not, all the crazy stuff, lots spent on helicopters and cameras and zero. Hmmmmmm

Too many conflicting reports and then the story changes. What is the real story, perhaps we will never know or will only find out much, much later.

http://www.lajornadajalisco.com.mx/2012/08/26/operativo-federal-desata-22-narcobloqueos-activan-codigo-rojo/

Tras un presunto operativo de la Marina en las colonias Providencia, La Estancia y Jardines de Guadalupe,... now they mention more areas than Providencia

I live near there (between Jardines and Chapalita) and drove to my home there yesterday from class at 2pm and heard lots of choppers but saw nothing (besides smoke from Peri x Mariano Otero bloqueo) and then later went out towards Patria and Mariano Otero and was up way too late and olny heard thunder and rain.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:30 am

If it wasn't the Mencho guy, then why the profound response from the narcos?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:44 am

so maybe not Mencho - but maybe his employees? But who knows - I guess just because it is published, doesn't mean it is true...... Here is today's version:

The Secretary of the Navy of Mexico reported that yesterday arrested four suspected members of the New Generation Jalisco cartel, which worked directly with Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes "The Mencho", who is considered the leader of this criminal cell.

Detainees match names Raúl Jiménez Sosa "The Buffalo", alleged leader of the cell hitmen criminal organization, Guillermo Alberto Ramírez World "The Wily" Jose Antonio Reyes World "The Three P", and Maria Nelida Flores Reyes "La Gorda". http://jalisco.milenio.com/cdb/doc/noticias2011/d0c48fff2e2b7bc219046de523d2ba7b

But obviously they are better organized than the police
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:07 pm

The perpetrators of any criminal activity usually, always seem better organized than the police, because of the element of surprise.
How else could there be all these blockades, or so many casualties at a Batman movie or a kids' campground retreat in Norway or the destruction of the two tallest buildings in NYC, or the federal building in OK City, and on and on.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:27 pm

We drove back to the city from Barra de Navidad thru Manzanillo and Colima on the toll road this morning. We saw exactly one Federal Police truck and no checkpoints set up the whole way. At the last toll both in Acatlan there was an Army platoon pulling over people in the southbound lane. We saw no State police of either Jalisco or Colima, no Munis or Vialidad patrol cars as we drove thru the city on L. Mateos. Very strange.

Almost seems as if some sort of truce was declared.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:39 pm

seisdedos wrote:We drove back to the city from Barra de Navidad thru Manzanillo and Colima on the toll road this morning. We saw exactly one Federal Police truck and no checkpoints set up the whole way.
Los lunes ni las gallinas ponen.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:47 pm

¿Y que pasa los jueves? Tengo que ir para G.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:54 pm

E-raq wrote:¿Y que pasa los jueves? Tengo que ir para G.
Los jueves no pasa nada,while you're in town stop by a Gandhi bookstore and get your Chingonario.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:12 pm

viajero wrote:
E-raq wrote:¿Y que pasa los jueves? Tengo que ir para G.
Los jueves no pasa nada,while you're in town stop by a Gandhi bookstore and get your Chingonario.

My intention, however how am I going to explain that to the doctor in the car with us? Light reading, a competition, any other ideas?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:57 pm

We were at Walmart this afternoon about 1:30 PM. We saw two Army trucks in the lot with about 8 - 10 men. In each truck remained one guy behind the gun turret. Two were at the side of the parking area, guns raised upward. About 3 or 4 went into Walmart.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next