INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information you might not know about legal documents

5 posters

Go down

Information you might not know about legal documents Empty Information you might not know about legal documents

Post by little italy Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:27 pm

This was sent to me from a friend who had it confirmed by a lawyer

Dear all, I have been asked by a local policeman to pass this information on to all our foreign friends and you might already know this but I am from this country and I did not know. Yesterday my husband was stopped for a minor traffic violation and when he showed his drivers licence he was almost handcuffed and taken into prison but he managed to contact me on time.He was caring a color copy of his licence and this is a very serious violation of the law in Mexico and it is forbidden to make color copies of any legal document. This policeman was very polite and let us off with a warning but not all are this honest.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Information you might not know about legal documents Empty Re: Information you might not know about legal documents

Post by David Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Not totally true. You can carry a certified copy of your car title, car import certificate, and probably some other items. They must be certified by a Notario. Copies of driver licenses and car license plates are forbidden.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Information you might not know about legal documents Empty Re: Information you might not know about legal documents

Post by Chico Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:05 pm

little italy wrote:This was sent to me from a friend who had it confirmed by a lawyer

Dear all, I have been asked by a local policeman to pass this information on to all our foreign friends and you might already know this but I am from this country and I did not know. Yesterday my husband was stopped for a minor traffic violation and when he showed his drivers licence he was almost handcuffed and taken into prison but he managed to contact me on time.He was caring a color copy of his licence and this is a very serious violation of the law in Mexico and it is forbidden to make color copies of any legal document. This policeman was very polite and let us off with a warning but not all are this honest.

Absolutely correct in the situation that you described. Copies are considered a felony and may well end up with jail time. Originals only. I would not even chance notarized copies. Why not just carry your originals, as you would do in any other country in the world? Wish I could understand the fear and paranoia down here about carrying originals. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:26 pm

David wrote:Not totally true. You can carry a certified copy of your car title, car import certificate, and probably some other items. They must be certified by a Notario. Copies of driver licenses and car license plates are forbidden.

Agreed. Spencer has said this many, many times.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:00 pm

You can carry copies of your Import sticker paper, your Car title, your Passport and your FM 3 or FM 2.

Spencer should weigh in on this topic.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:01 pm

johninajijic wrote:You can carry copies of your Import sticker paper, your Car title, your Passport and your FM 3 or FM 2.

Spencer should weigh in on this topic.

He has, many, many times. He has explained to not just carry copies, but how to get them certified.

Spencer, maybe you can give us a link to this info on your website? It is so chock full of information like this and SO much more, it would be a public service.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down