INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TONY'S Restaurant Review

+12
Rosa Venus
E-raq
David
Trailrunner
merry
gringal
hound dog
Big Daddy Mexico
Parker
CheenaGringo
hockables
johninajijic
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

TONY'S Restaurant Review - Page 3 Empty Re: TONY'S Restaurant Review

Post by Chico Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:I was wondering how the hell a thread about a mediocre restaurant could go on for two pages.

Welcoe back from Paris.

Too funny. I agree. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Parker wrote:
viajero wrote:Colby beef??

What Is Colby Beef?
X
By Marie Cartwright, eHow Contributor
Sometimes misheard as "Colby," Kobe beef is one of the most famous dishes a gourmand can enjoy. A single steak cut from this rare meat can sell for hundreds of dollars. This beef has a unique history and development that makes it special to fans of exquisite meats. Does this Spark an idea?

Read more: What Is Colby Beef? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_6968048_colby-beef_.html#ixzz1yMnDvo00

So I had a "brain fart" why does this always become an issue with some of you?

I thought it was funny, too. Why not laugh at your mistake and move on?. Please stop farting on the board, regardless of the point of origination. Thanks, chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:25 pm

Love Tony's particularly the Sunday lamb!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:26 pm

David wrote:Colby is a cheeze, Kobe is a beef.

Actually, Colby is a cheese. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Jeez.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Could not resist. It was a gotcha moment for Kobe, Colby on behalf of viajero. Very Happy . chico.

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Dawg, what do they call a "Quarter Pounder" in France?

Last edited by viajero on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm

E-raq wrote:John, sadly Jardin de ninette has been lacking in the consistency department of late when the chef isn't there. Best to phone first before taking a chance.

All our group loves it. Never, ever had a problem with them.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Parker wrote:
viajero wrote:Colby beef??

What Is Colby Beef?
X
By Marie Cartwright, eHow Contributor
Sometimes misheard as "Colby," Kobe beef is one of the most famous dishes a gourmand can enjoy. A single steak cut from this rare meat can sell for hundreds of dollars. This beef has a unique history and development that makes it special to fans of exquisite meats. Does this Spark an idea?

Read more: What Is Colby Beef? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_6968048_colby-beef_.html#ixzz1yMnDvo00

So I had a "brain fart" why does this always become an issue with some of you?
For what it's worth Parker the fact that you were able to "back up" a brain fart with a google search is way cool.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Getting back to Tony's. When we make our Mexico trips, I make every effort to post TripAdvisor reports on hotels, restaurants, scenic spots and any other points of interest. I was shocked after our trip last August when I found that Tony's had never been reviewed. Granted one has to jump through hoops to get a new listing but if we can "payback" in some small way, the effort is worth it to me. I don't care where it is, businesses away from the coastal tourist hot spots need all the help they can get.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1570829-d2318412-Reviews-Tony_s_Restaurant_Bar-Tlayacapan_Central_Mexico_and_Gulf_Coast.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:01 pm

[quote="E-raq"]
hound dog wrote:
Parker wrote:Some of you may be forgetting the most important thing a restaurant can do is be consistent,(emphasis mine) because tastes vary and if you like something a lot you’ll probably return to enjoy that same meal....

Perhaps but McDonalds has yet to open a branch at Lakeside . Dawg kept hoping for years for a Burger King at Lakeside but that now seems unlikely. As I have stated in the past. the best Burger King is on the Andador in San Cristóbal de Las Casas which is across the Andador from the Revolution Bar which is dedicated to the memory of Che Guevara and features great Cuban music. There at Revolution Bar you can sit in the street and consume your Cheese Whopper, listening to great Cuban music while sipping a fine mojito instead of a giant Coke - the essence of civility.

By the way, since Paris is a partial subject here; McDonalds is very popular in Paris and is known by locals as "McDough". Back in the 1970s, McDonalds was in heavy competition with Burger King and ended up running Burger King out of town. Burger King had many franchises in Paris in the 1970s and, because hey used French hamburger buns, they served the best cheese whopper on the planet but McDonalds whupped they ass and they closed down all of their French franchises and left the country with their tales between their legs.

The most consistently perfect food in Paris now are the bagettes turned out by a patisserie a block from the place we stay there and those bagettes plus some sweet butter and dry salami or Paris ham plus a bottle of French red wine is as delicious as anything can get and the quality never varies. You screw up in Paris and you are gone.

Dawg, a small interjection here. McDonalds ran Burger King out of town due to the unfortunate nickname of booger king, which was, I might add here, acquired legitimately. Granted that was in english, but word does spread about things like that. Might want to stick to the new and enhanced Starbucks at the airport from now on.

Thank you for that amusing aside, e-raq but I am assured by my darlin´wife, a native of Paris and educated there throughout her youth, that the word "booger" means nothing among the French so, as we are well acquainted and Dawg finds you amusing, I am sure this little word game of yours is a clever attempt on your part at humor which I applaud but we must not mislead readers hereabouts into thinking you have some serious intent to educate here. As for your comment concerning Starbucks at the airport; I presume you mean the Guadalajara airport. If that is the case, the best meal at GDL is a cheese whopper and Krispy Kreme raspberry filled donut with a shot of Herradura Blanco tequila from a nearby airport bar consumed at a table at the Starbucks cafe adjacent to the Burger King at GDL Terminal One while waiting for a flight to wherever. I suggest passing on the Starbucks coffee but to each his own.

As for consuming boogers in commercially prepared hamburgers, I have no doubt that those of us who have indulged in these mass-produced treats have eaten far more mucous, saliva and cockroach parts over the years than we would ever like to contemplate.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:20 pm

I will pull a Dawg here but without the eloquence by returning to the Colby/Kobe Beef subject. We lived outside of Yokohama, Japan from 1949 to 1956. One of our close family friends who happened to be the head of American President Lines in Japan lived in Kobe. We had a steady supply of various cuts of Kobe Beef including hamburger and it damned sure wasn't anywhere near the prices being charged these days. Nothing better than Sukiyaki prepared traditional style with very thin sliced Kobe Beef in my book! Forget the Benihana style of Japanese food!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:29 pm

In eleven year here a Lakeside we have never eaten at Tony´s Restaurant although that is no reflection on his place simply because we rarely eat out at Lakeside and live here only half the year while spending half the year in Chiapas. We would give mixed reviews on Tony´s meats next door but when we got here in 2001 that was about the only decent meat market in town. That seems to be changing but we´ll see. Mexican produced beef and pork usually leave something to be desired. We just spent a month eating exquisite French beef, lamb, pork and chicken so have become a bit spoiled. However, last night we feasted on carne asada at the home of a friend in Ajijic and that was superb. Lakeside and Highland Chiapas remain our favorite places on the planet and we love the food in both places. Go figure.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:49 pm

johninajijic wrote:Of course you're kidding, right? Bi monthly is twice a month. Sometimes just a few of us friends will go out, nothing to do with the dinner group. Yes on second question. Tony the father owns the restaurant. Tony the son owns the meat market.
As my Bosnian friend says, "He was pushing your leg". Think LGBT.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3